EOIII Questions thread

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1266 posts
isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIII Questions thread

Postby isometric » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:06 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:34 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:37 pm

Nerf guns ARE pretty swell! I remember having that nerf BOW that came out in like, the super early 90's. I think it might've been one of the first nerf "guns" ever...

I wonder which one hits hardest?

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:51 pm

dont do it iso... youre NOT ruining nerf for us!

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:20 am

Hey Iso, wanted to say a (late!) Thank you for all your help! I think I've got a team that I can move on with, and your advice was hella useful--I'm kind of unused to forums so I'm bad at replying SORRY! I don't wanna come off as rude or anything u-ua
I really appreciate the walls-o-text though. Rock on, and I hope that beer was good!

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:56 pm

you know full well if i had Lagaard, id post there, iso... and likely give you another place to pull your hair out xD

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:09 pm

All i know about EO2 is what ive randomly stumbled upon via the wiki while looking up eo3 stuff.

i actually havent played eo3 in a while. or EO in general. ive got myself hooked on a coupla other games.

but i wanna try that wildling beast tank setup xD

EXPENDABLE TANK... HOOOO!

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:02 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:17 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:19 pm

IIRC Prevent Order doesn't work on the Lion's sleep skill, Refresh Tactic however does work. Bear in mind that Refresh Tactic's HP regen does not stack with Protect Order... which makes it very unideal.

As for summons, for damage Elephant and Moth are flat out better anyway since neither of them have any situational conditions. Elephant attacks every round, has a decent amount of HP and inflicts the best ailment in the game. The Moth can inflict poison which is pretty potent until endgame.

As for Wildling subs... eh. Blood Return isn't too useful since... TP is never an issue in the first place. Refresh is nice if you plan on using Lion though.. but having a sub just to acquire only 1 skill, which your main healer will get anyway, is a huge waste. Rear Dignity cuts the affected row's damage. Which makes it absolutely terrible.

For Wildling subs, I'd suggest Hoplite. They actually do make good use of the skillset themselves since they can use Line Guard/Bodyguard once their pet is out and Primal Drums is up. Alternatively, they do have a good TEC score so Zodiac is another option for Dark Ether and Meteor.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:23 pm

If you were planning on using the summoned beast as a tank... Then you probably will want to invest in Sacrifice 1 and Sacrifice 2. Although, I don't know if they would work when the Lion is sleeping. Unfortunately, I don't really have any experience using Lion because of its sleep status. I'm more of a fan of using the likes of Cow/Elephant for consistent DPS or utilizing Tiger to draw attacks to it (albeit rare uses) via its high HP value. One day, I really ought to give the 2 other summons (Ooze and Lion) a try.

Edit: As for sub-classing, I've never really been able to find a way to utilize the sub-class option (spending points in it) on a Wildling due to its various summons or accenting them via passives.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:07 pm

actually, rear dignity, like fore honor, is single target. its not an order...
though ill try investing into elephant then for boss fights and moth for encounters.

i was going to get the sacrifices, yes. i already have a ninja for otori so my W is free from that. and 40% for free bodygaurd was part of the thought process lol.

from what ive read about ooze its too squishy to use effectively by the time you can get it. it takes 1% from physical attacks, but 200% from ALL elemental attacks... at ~90ish hp.... its not going to last long

i suppose ill go W/H... i thought about monk to free up my monk from needing to refresh though... oh well xD

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:45 pm

@Iso I went for SG/PH/BG ZA/MP. Gonna keep Zodiac as my etherer for now (with occasional barrages or elemental support, or maybe charge-->firing off an elemental limit? I have Quintessence now). Pincushion is awesome and my Pirate+Shogun pretty much tore through Ant Queen/the FoEs on the first couple levels of Porcelain Forest.

I might respec Zodiac to Wildling later, since he'd make a great support for those two with Primal stacking with Wolf Howl+Eagle Eye and opening up for a good attack. Or I might replace him with a heavy damage-dealing A/Z.

My other idea for shuffling later on would be to see if I can stick uncharged pincushions on S/B and just do slightly lower damage for a slightly more versatile character? (builds limits! lots of forges! Possibly can switch between ethered pincushions and feeding an A/S that I put down instead of my A/Z ?). The only problem with uncharged pincush vs uncharged 5ring is 5ring potentially does more damage IF it hits a certain number of times--meanwhile pincushion hits less but every hit is a little stronger, and like you said Shogun's speed is pretty good.

SO YEAH. Basically two up-front /gladiator nukers for now, since supporting them really does more damage and takes less TP than a charged star HAHA

(would a Z/W be able to summon btw? I know your monsters would be weak and Zodiac's Luck is CRAP but is there any way to make it work? Wildling sub always seemed a shame if you're not using the darn monsters)

(also I'd love to hear about your Lagaard thoughts. I'm playing the game now and trying to make a party work, so I'd love to see general thoughts about that game. Do you have AIM or Skype, by chance, in case you ever felt like powwwowing over build ideas?)

FINALLY A QUICK QUESTION FOR THE GENERAL Q THREAD: CAN I CHAIN NG+ IN EO3? Like, I'm on Armoroad ending now, I missed the true ending so I wanna get that in my NG+, but I also REALLY REALLY want the chance to . So is it possible to beat 5th stratum boss->NG+ and take the true ending-->NG+ and take deep city ending (or vice versa)?

1266 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”