Moderator: ItL Moderators

1266 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: EOIII Questions thread

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:06 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:17 am

i was just being sarcastic with the farmer hoplite comment, dont worry xD

im taking note of setups for 6th stratum shenanigans... i plan to try my own little ideas just to see if i CAN but ill have a backup WM group or... Z/G meteor spammer at the ready, fear not... hopefully by the time i tackle it, ill have more practical experience to go on :P

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:41 am

well that was a fun waste of time. If you're interested in the results of my little blitz experiment, I accidentally wound up with an even more gamebreaking setup that made the blitz command user worth less than another buccaneer.

Assuming my math is right. It's in another thread.

I'm mighty tired now.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:51 am

i did have a completely unrelated question to builds though!

.... what levels should i be aiming for for the start/end of the 5th stratum?
what about the earlier stratums for new playthroughs? certain side-bosses as theyre accessible? any levels conditionals can be gone after(as a detour to save some end-game grind)?

just a general question

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:03 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:10 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:39 am

i wouldnt know if this would help/ruin the setup... but what about having a shogun slotted somewhere to take advantage of bloody lance and their %chance to instantly slaughter your friends? assuming this would work?

im not to familiar with the inner workings of the glitchiness

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:40 am

While we're discussing strategies, are Hoplite's spear skills any good? I'm subbing my Prince as a hoplite, and I'm thinking of giving her blitzritter/possibly switch stab/long stride so she can deal some damage, but iunno if it's a waste or not.
Same with shield skills: Obviously she's not gonna be bodyguarding, but IIRC you don't take line guard damage onto yourself, so I'm thinking that might be a good skill? Also, is the skill sim correct when it comes to anti-element shield skills being 55% at level 9 and 100% at level 10?

and speaking of Shoguns, are Myoujou/Magatoki/Hilt strike any good on their own? S/N is a build i'm thinking of adding to my team but I want him as an addition to my party, not the Tagen+Nikudan combo (though I might be adding points to that). I want him to be a versatile build that can use skills if he needs but doesn't fully rely on them to deal damage (I'm adding that instant death ninja skill to him so he has a chance to inflict with each strike, hopefully)

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Oh awesome! She'll probably be busy buffing/protecting anyways, but the whole reason I'm getting rid of my hoplite and putting protection tactics on her is because I want to be more offensive. Point taken on the S/N, too! Is 5RS okay even without charge?

ALSO the question that I keep forgettng to ask but the one I REALLY NEED TO THINK ON is what are good levels for a monk's skills? I've got Form Qi at 10 and he's subclassed as a Prince so I'm using primarily Protect Order to heal, but how high is Line Heal/Party Heal needed? EO3 has a ton of point sinks so if something isn't necessary I'd rather not get it >_> Basically what are top healing skills and what are red herrings?

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:20 pm

ive always wondered that too for my monk

ive always gone form qi 7 (at least. pump it up to 10 when you get the points)
healing 4 > line heal 5 > party heal 1 (i always stopped at 3 line heal because i heard party heal wasnt worth it for the cost, but the utility of a weaker party wide heal became more and more handy, though not often needed)

healing 4 >refresh 2(raise to 4 for row target) + unbind 2 > resurrect 1

then rush to protect order

but i dunno if thats an effective plan

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:28 am

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:00 pm

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:40 pm

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:27 pm

edit: I just checked, we're wrong anyways. It's highest CURRENT health in the front row at around 55%, highest CURRENT health in the back row by ~20%, anyone else at ~8% each.

Either way, the S/N would probably not be targetted much.

1266 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”