EOIII Questions thread

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1266 posts
Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIII Questions thread

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:43 pm

so the best way to tank (minus provoke/otori/daifuhensha) is HP up and mitigation(not taking much damage) then increase the draw rate?

btw... about otori... is there any way to actually fnid multiplier FOR draw rate? because theres a bit of an inconsistency with otori. it claims to draw ALL attacks, but all that means is draw rate.

.....however, even then ive never seen otori.... fail. unlike provoke/daifuhensha.

so ids that just my lucky RNG? or is there some sort of way to see how much these skills affect draw rate?

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:02 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:24 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:19 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:37 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:05 am

well im trying to see just how punishing this game really is for setups like i come up with

..... im thinking about;

P/S(because why not? worse case it doesnt work and i go P/H)
M/P (heck even M/Z or or something for dark ether)
N/P healer. because im weird. i want to see how much a bushin stacker can actually do. if it DOESNT work... i still have monk. so yeah. a rather safe experiment methinks.
S/B. eeeeeeeyup
A/S WMer. i read cloudbuster actually procs a chase. and i might actually have a turn here and there where my M and P can add to the chain too

so its more like 2 dedicated damage dealer, 2 support, and 1 ireallyhopeimatankohgodthishurts

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:16 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:24 am

be as horrified as you like, but ive only game overed twice. against narmer. because in phase 2 i charged in without camping. at level 9.

and gatekeeper. because i severely underestimated turn 2 nuke

well thats not entirely true. i game overed against the ghost ship when i was like lvl 22. but that was only 2 party members. it doesnt count!

im actually enjoying just trying out different things is all. i like knowing the "go-to" builds but trying out OTHER things people might not even notice. or disregard because something is better.

its like playing NU teir in OU in pokeymanz battles.

i know im going to HAVE to switch in the postgame. EO is pretty demanding with that stuff

the only thing i should -hopefully- HAVE to change in N/P.... and that would be to N/Z (prophecy AND DE spam)
we'll see

...now that i have a party, i can start retiring and grinding.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:58 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:11 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:41 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:54 am

monk is basically emergency heals+healing bunshin. Z is to give em something to do. I.E ether spam. and stars/binaries if i need to really nuke something down.

and i meant cookie cutter as in... shoccuneer. not shoccuneer paired with something.

im not too concermed with RR shenanigans, but if i REALLY find my ninja runs out of things to do , itd just be...well... something to do. unimpressive or not, x% is better than 0% so.. yeh

i wasnt really looking into limit shenanigans.....yet. no points. lulz

the 1 thing im discovering is how much my front row DOESNT care about TP... like at all, haha.. the only ones who WOULD have TP issues would be Monk and Arbalist

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:17 am

well my arbalist is going to be a WMer... so front morter/double action wouldnt help much at all (if only WM was a single target attack for double action)

but night vision/ proper form/ extend would be handy! that would also save my P/S points so i only have to invest in the night time attack!

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:09 pm

1266 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”