Read my super short review

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
gravejokler
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Read my super short review

Postby gravejokler » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:35 pm

From a tree, to the sea: This game is Etrian odyssey III"

This review is for skimmers, and I'll be more that happy to accept any comments

Intro
If you have ever played Etrian Odyssey. you will LOVE this new title brought in by Atlus. This game is just like the other two dungeon crawlers(Etrian odyssey and Etrian Odyssey II heroes of Laggard). Etrian Odyssey 3, Visitors from star ocean may be one of my all time favorite DS games for this year, and it made me really happy to have this game. this is the 3rd time I said this, but if you played the other 2, you will LOVE this game

Story 6/10
The game is set in a sea city known as Amroad, which is surrounded by the beautiful ocean. Amroad prospered in the ancient time with high-level civilization. However, because of the great earthquake that happened a hundred years ago, the central part of the city sank down into the bottom of the sea, along with its superior technology.

After the "Great Disaster", a labyrinth appeared in the hole of the city created by the earthquake. People from all over the world gathered around Amroad to find clues that will lead them to the vanished city. Adventures ventured down into the enormous hole, which devoured most part of the city and the lost technology. Some sought for the truth behind the "Great Disaster", while the others sought the treasures buried the deepest under the sea. You really won't understand the plot to the story until you get through 3/4 of the maze. I also found it boring, but the game made up for it in A LOT of ways

Soundtrack 10/10
As always, Etrian Odyssey has some of the best music you will find in a DS game. [spoiler]The themes for the stratums fit so well, from the sounds of a beach, to a rain forest, and even an ancient pyramid.[spoiler] The composer for this game has done an excellent job, and I listened to the 6th stratum theme for a good 2 hours straight

Game play 12/10
the new style in this game is awsome. Not only do you get to pick the limit skills of each character in your party, but you also get to do the intense level grinding every RPG is offering. However, I find this game to be easier than the other 2 in terms of getting pawned by level 1 enemies. But most of the stratum's stronger enemies known as FOEs seem to be unbeatable when you first encounter them, so you are going to do a lot of running away from them in the beginning, But it turns out to be really fun. Did I mention you get 12 new classes

Graphics 14/10
one word:
OUTSTANDING
the new animation's to the stratum's intro really make exploring fun. The dungeon layout is still the same, but I really liked what Atlus did with the new classes. The stratums are also well done in terms of surprises, and I thought that was the best part of this game

OVERALL
10/10
This game is perfect for those who like modern dungeon crawlers. This game will hit North America soon, and will be a good addition to the Etrian Odyssey series. If you Played I, and II, make it a point to buy III. You WON"T regret it

Reviewer's Score: 10/10, Posted: 04/17/10[spoiler][/spoiler]
I love dungeons...

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:56 am

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:40 pm

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”