Beast King abilities

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
fates
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Beast King abilities

Postby fates » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Specifically, the summon skills.

Gonna hide in spoilers to be safe:

[spoiler]When they call a beast, how does it work? I don't think it's a 6th member because I never saw beast portraits. Does it act as the Beast King's normal attack until the beast return skill is used?

[/spoiler]

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:07 pm

The beasts get summoned in empty slots. That'd make one the 6th member if you already had 5.

fates
Ragelope

Postby fates » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Do you have control over them?

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:13 pm

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:42 am

[s]You know what, I'm not sure. Never thought of that. I shall have to test it now.[/s]

:shock: EDIT: Yes, this does indeed work. The beast king, upon returning the beast, is fully refunded for a cost he never paid (due to Dark Ether immediately refunding it). Awesome.

I mean, my return beast is only 1st level at the moment. But in my test (vs. 2 Forest Frog):
ROUND 1: BK uses Lvl 1 Summon Snake (should be 15TP), Zodiac uses Lvl 5 Dark Ether for 10 TP. Snake appears, costs nothing.
ROUND 2: BK uses Lvl 1 Beast Return. It uses 8TP to cast, but then immediately returns 15 TP (15 came up), putting BK onto full.

I guess there's a TP regaining trick in that, eh? I guess that makes this combo even more viable.

The eventual plan was to have BK on the back with Ballistae and Zodiac, summoning a Tiger for free into the front whilst the Ballistae gets away with ludicrously powerful shot attacks every battle for free. In other words, using this Zodiac as a TP whore since she can afford it. :)

Meanwhile, the front is a Defensive minded Prince with Reinforce up the wazoo (eventually going Phalanx, as well as getting Ambitious Command for more TP abuse), and a Monk obssesed with using Counter. Joined with a Tiger, of course, also using Counter.

They're fairly crappy at the moment, of course, since they're just Level 6. :)

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:

http://detarame.wordpress.com/

6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”