multi what?

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

multi what?

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Sun May 02, 2010 8:02 pm

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Sun May 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Sun May 02, 2010 9:16 pm

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up on that. I too, would have found that out the hard way. LOL.

Though most of my eventual plans only considered the weapon, so I've not got to change much...

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon May 03, 2010 12:36 am

So I take it you guys are playing the import.

Subclasses is combining any regular class with another one? So you could make a ninja farmer? Or maybe a beast king zodiac?

So best combos would trying to get a class with stats that would more properly aid the stats of the main class. Like warrior with phalanx? Since both classes are physical and front row.

Also does anyone have a list of these combo skills?

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Mon May 03, 2010 12:50 am

The characters' stats won't be affect by their subclass. What those posts were referring to was having skills from a subclass that can benefit from the main class' stats (like preferably not getting TEC-based skills for a warrior, since they have the lowest TEC).

As for "combo skills", are you asking for skills that work well together, or actual "combo skills"? If it's the latter, there aren't any.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon May 03, 2010 12:58 am

Thats actually a second question I was going to get to. Having certain class combination that can seem broken. Like can some combo recreate the effect the medic's refersh had in the first game? (I think that was it, it was a skill that gave the whole party strong resistance to all elements. Maybe it was immunize?))

When I said combo skills before I mean the single unique skill a class gets when paired up with another class. If their was a list of these unique skills.

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Mon May 03, 2010 1:05 am

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon May 03, 2010 1:17 am

DaBass
Ragelope

Postby DaBass » Mon May 03, 2010 7:16 am

Wait, I'm still a little uncertain on how the subclasses work. Let's say I have a Ballista and subclass them as a warrior. Then let's say I teach them 9 smash, does that mean I would have to equip them with a hammer instead of a bow to use that skill? If so, wouldn't I lose access to all of their bow skills? That seems not so favorable :(

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Mon May 03, 2010 7:21 am

Yes, it is as you say. Skills that require a specific type of weapon to be equipped mention that type of weapon in their descriptions.

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:34 am

Nine Smash with a Ballista would be horrible. But nah, no cigar.

Actually, its best the other way around, doing Warrior/Ballista. This way you can get the Ballista skill that increases accuracy when using a skill and fix nine-smashes terrible hit rate.

But yeah, you need to consider weapon compatibility. Which is why Zodiacs, Royals (both Normal and Beast) and Farmers are always safe multiclass choices. Most of the others have weapon specific skills.

Much like D&D multiclassing, you have to be careful of M.I.D. and M.A.D. (multi-implement dependancy and multi-ability dependancy). And Etrian doesn't have Quick Draw. :lol:

13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”