"Etrian Odyssey 3: The Drowned City" Leaked

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

166 posts
Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:33 pm

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:04 pm

The European version of EO1 had two letter class abbreviations, so that shouldn't be a reason to change class names.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:04 pm

It's for those icons on the shop screen etc. that tell you which class equips what.

Yeah, it is quite possibly because of that. They saw P for Princess, and so suddenly there cannot be a P for Pirate. Which begs again the question of why they didn't just make Princess into 'Royal'. With Phalanx into 'Vanguard', and Ballista to 'Arbalest', the whole chain is solved for R/W/V/P/N/M/Z/B/A/F (sigh).
[spoiler](oh, and I suppose you'd also need Andro => Cyborg or something, no biggie)[/spoiler]

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

gravejokler
Ragelope

Postby gravejokler » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:18 pm

I love dungeons...

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:55 pm

I wouldn't consider the name of the first stratum a spoiler. Really, I have the same mentality for any official screenshot.

Besides, you'd learn its name within the first few minutes of playing anyway.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:30 pm

[spoiler]So do andro and shogun get name changes as well?[/spoiler]

I can't wait to play.
Does the sight up date weekly?

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Let's cut the translators some slack: It could change. Maybe it's not that bad.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:36 am

Wait, will there be no mini comics for EO III's site? That was my favorite part about the first two sites. Its what got me to look into the very first game.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:42 am

I can't find any comics done by Yuji Himukai (the character designer for the EO series) for EO3.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:17 am

Aw. I loved those comics. Lame.

gravejokler
Ragelope

Postby gravejokler » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:11 pm

I love dungeons...

Zaraf
Fenrir

Postby Zaraf » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:42 pm

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:03 pm

There are, I think, 3 potential endings for the same reason that you can only get 1 of the 2 unlockable classes per playthrough (I believe the so called 'true end' can only be got on a new game+ )

I could be wrong here, though, since I deliberately stopped during the 2nd stratum...

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:

http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:11 pm

When does the option to do a New Game+ occur, I wonder. After the penultimate (i.e., final storyline stratum), I guess.

I don't see why you wouldn't want to choose a New Game+, seeing as it looks like just about everything is transferred. It just seems like a way to reset the treasure chests and missions/quests.

166 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”