"Etrian Odyssey 3: The Drowned City" Leaked

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

166 posts
Isabelyes
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:30 pm

^That's why. ^-^

Also, I just like powering the games up once every while and to wander through every Stratum.

...it's just that you'll lose your party, items (probably), and everything you've worked so hard for - except for maps, of course.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Hm? I read that you retain your party during a New Game+...

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:12 pm

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:11 pm

[spoiler]yeah, you're right.

It's just that the New Game+ Function from SMT:DS really dissapointed me, so...

But, now, if I'll choose a normal new game, I won't have acces to any of the two secret classes! T-T

I understand that it's optional, but just knowing that there's something 'different' just...meh. I'll probably just go through a NG+ very quickly, to see all the extras etc.
and after that I'll just start a New Game.[/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Typical NG+ are "loltrounceeverything" plays anyway. A few exceptions, sure, but typically that's how they are.

[spoiler]Notably, nearly every Atlus in-house game NG+ is "retain everything important to breaking the game but also unlock one fight at the end to make it worth it lololol."[/spoiler]

Also, real quick on SMT:DS:
[spoiler]The point of the NG+ there is really just to zoom through the story and see another ending / unlock more demons / unlock the optional boss. Really, the big bonus was just being able to skip all the text.[/spoiler]

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:15 pm

@SMT:DS : My R button is broken, so I can't skip text. Which sucks.

And I think I get what NG+es should be about,
but...I don't know for sure, but seeing me being irritated with this
makes me think that the first NG+ I've ever started didn't have all this.

But I fail to see how that's possible.

Meh, I dunno. I'll just play it.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:19 pm

Don't get me wrong, it annoys me a bit to go into an NG+ and just destroy everything with the whole purpose being the one optional fight at the end (fuck you SMT, seriously). At the same time, I'm not sure how much I'd care to run through the game again in general if it's not some challenge (class restriction, solo, low level, etc.) play anyway.

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:38 pm

You're right.
Sorry, I'll stop bitchin' ^-^

I'd like to replay SMT:DS, too, but the battles are just so boring.
They take way too long, even if you're overpowered.

gravejokler
Ragelope

Postby gravejokler » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:45 pm

I love dungeons...

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:54 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:15 pm

My best guess is it's dealing with the...
[spoiler]Currents. If you've obtained the second 2nd Stratum mission (深都への扉), you should be able to just go right to B3 on Floor 6 and shut the currents off.

If you haven't finished the first mission, you just have to get to Floor 8 and, with the currents running, there's only one way to progress forward so it's pretty self-explanatory. The location you're looking for is through a series of hidden passages on Floor 8 so that's the only "hard" part here; the area starts at B2 and you're aiming for A2.

Besides that, be sure to return to Floor 7's Camp Spot and speak to Kujura after the scene with Olympia on Floor 8.[/spoiler]

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:25 pm

^That's what I was having difficulty with, too.
Checked the whole 2nd Stratum, everywhere, only to find out that I had already completed the mission.

I really need to continue learning Japanese. ^-^

Also, I hate the EOII Boss.

Gonna try him again. (Yeah, it has nothing to do with EO III, but it didn't have anything to do with EO I, either. ^-^ )

Pexx
Ragelope

Postby Pexx » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:22 am

166 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”