*~*~*~*Etrian Odyssey III Skill Simulator*~*~*~*

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

105 posts
Benkyo
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: *~*~*~*~*Etrian Odyssey III Skill Simulator*~*~*~*~*

Postby Benkyo » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:15 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Most the starting attributes are relatively useless though, to be honest; they won't accurately reflect final stats that well. That said, the entire stat growth from Level 1 to 99 is available so that could be placed on there somewhere (perhaps as a button somewhere to display in another window or something).

Weapon/Armor types ... not sure how that's a spoiler at all really. Regardless, it's not too hard to get that list done.

[spoiler]I say this when I've managed to pretty much avoid doing any work on EO3. Sorry but burned myself out pretty hardcore with EO2 so I've been lazy until I get in the mood again.[/spoiler]

Benkyo
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Benkyo » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:09 am

I'm trying to avoid all spoilers at the moment. It's my first foray into Etrian Odyssey games and I'm loving the sense of exploration and uncertainty. The B8F boss is giving me hell though, so I'm out sailing =)

When I started out, though, I was almost completely oblivious to how much the attributes and weapons defined the classes as much as the skills do. I suppose that information might help someone starting out to avoid wasting the time necessary to get every class up to level 5 or so, and unlock all the weapon and armour types.

I say that even while I'm doing fine with my original guild selection. I don't know how people dealt with the prequels, without sub-classes and the 'second-hand experience' skill it can't have been much fun getting new characters up to scratch.
無垢無頼努

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:11 am

EO1 was pretty terrible leveling. EO2 is easier than EO3 for leveling due to the amount of EXP you can get from a boss fight. EO3 is probably in the middle of the two.

...and probably the easiest of the three games as well.

Anyway, I made with the kumicyou numbers for the character stat growths. I haven't checked every single stat point on my own but if there's any discrepancies, do point them out and I'll get around to doing some 1-99 grinding to double check.

Edit: Some fixes (notably, I donedid fucked up Monk originally).

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:54 am

theo
Bloodant

Postby theo » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Sorry I'm just now dropping by: I've been avoiding the EO3 section.

I just want to say to Zaraf and negzee how impressed I am with how the skill app turned out! negzee, things look super-clean under the hood, too. Excellent work!

Benkyo
Fenrir

Postby Benkyo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:35 am

A couple more suggestions, hope you don't mind:

Warrior Wide Effect: Should say that it only works for single-target skills, not regular attacks.
Ballista 'Rear Mortar Bombardment': I know you said you weren't interested in translation updates until the official ones come out, but 'Rear' instead of 'Front (line)' is both incorrect and misleading.
Android Shoot and Coordinated Attack: Should state that shoot only works for bots the individual deployed, but coordinated attack uses all bots regardless.
Android EM Barrier: Text is a bit misleading, I thought it only countered thunder attacks until I read the skill description. I suggest 'Counterattacks with a thunder attack against enemy attacks'.

Thanks again for the excellent tool!
無垢無頼努

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:48 am

Hey, first of all, the tool is great, thanks for the hard work guys!

The only nuisance being with the official game out, that the translations don't match and it's kind a pain in the ass to have the double names while discussing.

Are you going to replace the skill names sometime soon?

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Hey there NoFrets. Yeah, we are gonna update those names very soon. Actually, I was supposed to be giving Zaraf the official skill names last night but I . The names will be updated this weekend some time hopefully. :)

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:55 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Thanks, guys, this is all fantastic. Really looking forward to the translated names getting added; I'm not too great at remembering skill names for one version, let alone two.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Hmm, interesting. I'm just doing the name conversion/matching right now and noticed some skill tree reorganization. (Either that or the tree we're currently using in this sim of the Japanese version is wrong.)

If Scy or someone can confirm this and I'm not just seeing things, then we may end up doing a separate skill sim graphic set for the English version.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:40 pm

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Ah, okay thanks Scy. We should probably get all those errors fixed and keep notes for Zaraf as I go through the name conversion.

105 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”