*~*~*~*Etrian Odyssey III Skill Simulator*~*~*~*

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

105 posts
Kaname
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kaname » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Self
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Self » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Zaraf
Fenrir

Postby Zaraf » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Well, I've updated the data again. Self, if you can please take a look at the Zodiac and Monk skills and see if the details are ok now. If they are not, PLEASE provide me with the EXACT wording of what I should say. You've been giving me explanations, and I've tried my best to work with what you're giving me. But if I'm still not getting it, please just give it to me straight.

The locking of the info boxes is now implemented. Simply click on the skill name again to lock the box. You can drag the boxes around too.

We also implemented the suggestion that eharper had where you can filter out the unused skills in the Export to Text.

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:29 am

Zodiac's skills:
It seems the damage multipliers are consistent now, but the single-targeting skills' TP costs seem to be in disarray (going from 6 to 60 with a huge jump at level 6 instead of 8 to 22).

Monk's healing skills:
Since a lot of other skills simply say "x% damage", perhaps just "x% heal(ing)" could do. It also seems fine the way it is now, except maybe for that "of" ("x% of healing power" -> "x% healing power"). This is somewhat just nitpicking.

Ballista's Giant Kill:
The example should instead be saying "If the Ballistas has 100 HP, then the enemy must have 201 HP or more" (or "more than 200 HP").

Edit:
Pirate's Limit Boost:
(Minor typo) "Increases limit guage"
Last edited by Self on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zaraf
Fenrir

Postby Zaraf » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:14 am

Whoops, I had forgotten to change the TP values in my spreadsheet. Fixed these changes now.

I hope that's the last of them :) lol

Thanks for all of your help Self and eharper! I think we're ready to give this to Maxine.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:25 am

^_^ Ready to receive whenever!

I'm going to be leaving here in a little while, but around 10ish (barring unforseen events in my life) I'll be back on if you want to give it to me tonight.

[] - [] - [] - []

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:39 am

Weapon Masteries:
They only increase damage for normal attacks (but the zodiac's masteries affects skills). The game itself says something like "normal attack damage with a _ increases" while the zodiac's flame/ice/thunder masteries instead say "power of flame/ice/thunder attacks increases".

Pirate's Limit Boost:
(Minor typo) "Increases limit guage"

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:51 am

I'm going to attach some kind of intro page to it (probably just grab Zaraf's page off of GFaqs and use that) but you guys can now find the finished product at

http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/etriano ... /skillsim/

[] - [] - [] - []

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:47 am

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

DarkMyst
Ragelope

Postby DarkMyst » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:49 am

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:54 am

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:

http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:44 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:18 pm

ItL is now hosting the finalized version of this product:

You can find the intro page (with controls) here:
http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/etriano ... mintro.php

The finalized project you can find here:
http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/etriano ... /skillsim/

[] - [] - [] - []

Zaraf
Fenrir

Postby Zaraf » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks guys, I'll look into correcting those once I get back from my all day training -_-. I'm not going to bother changing "Cry to Crease Attack" just because once the English version is out, it will be replaced by the official name. So we'll just tough it out until then ;)

Thanks for the update Maxine :) We'll send you the files once we got it updated.

Oh, and just a note to you guys. Awesome work eharper and Self have been doing! Catching all of these small things. However, a guy on Gamefaqs caught something that we ALL missed :P On Monk's skill tree, Burst Fist is missing a number. And some skills for Phalanx, Monk, and Farmer don't have the points allocated correctly (actually the allocation was correct, but the numbers on the arrows were incorrect).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981313-e ... y/55091210

I just thought it was funny how we all missed some very obvious mistakes :) hahaha

105 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”