*~*~*~*Etrian Odyssey III Skill Simulator*~*~*~*

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

105 posts
eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:34 am

I'll probably attempt to check both threads; but it might be best to only have questions solely related to the actual simulator here, bugfixes, queries about the shown data and such; the other is a general enquiries place, and seems to be full of team/combo data at the moment.

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

DarkMyst
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DarkMyst » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Hmm, guess I'll just ask here then.

----------------------------------------

Beast King's Animal Friendship
I have some trouble understanding this one. When the Beast Master dies, he has a chance to sort of devour one of his beasts and be healed?

Are the following passive skills applied to only normal attacks or skills as well?
1. Warrior's Wide Effect
2. Ballista's Extend
3. Zodiac's Return Ether
4. Shogun's Suicide Assistant

What I'm more worried about with Suicide Assist is how it says it gets allies too. I hope the Shogun doesn't just randomly lunge at anyone who's at low HP to try and kill them.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Self
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Self » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Wide Effect's in-game description suggests it only applies to skills by saying "when using an offensive skill at a single enemy". I did some quick testing and didn't get Wide Effect to activate on a normal attack. "Offensive skill" also happens to include Limit skills.

As for the Beast King's skill, that's what it sounds like, although I have not tried the skill.

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:58 pm

DarkMyst
Ragelope

Postby DarkMyst » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:08 am

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:25 am

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:44 pm

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Isabelyes, that picture is just Zodiac guy 2 pasted onto a clouds background and run through the dry brush/sumi-e/wind filters (a selection of these) in photoshop as far as I can tell. -_-'
Very easy to do.

I learnt all of the skill names within about a week of on and off study, and I'm sure I'll do the same with the real skills, with the names gradually being replacing in my thought process.
From that screenshot of the Princess skills already released, not many have changed too much, anyway ('Ad Nihilum' instead of 'Reset Weapon' being the only really significant change, and quite a good one: I'd like to see more Prince skills in Latin)

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Latin skills = Epic Win.

Loved the Dark Spire skill names.

But, you know, I'm not the kind of guy to 'study' a game.
This being EO, I probably will, but only after I've beaten it once.

I guess it's not that hard to remember the skills after all.
It's just that I've always used only one party, so if I'd learn all skills,
It would take a long time before I'd see the english names of the skills of classes I don't have, so those names would kinda 'sink in' etc...

Never mind me, I've already forgotten what I wanted to say. ^-^

I'll try the photoshop trick out.
Sounds nice.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm playing through it in Japanese (and apparently breaking the game in the process, yay) so I've got a good grasp of the current skills and what they do. I don't really care so much about the name changes so much as what the skill does anyway. The names are pretty much unimportant.

DarkMyst
Ragelope

Postby DarkMyst » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:24 pm

You give me too much credit, I'm much too lazy to paste it onto a cloud background.
Went to the Japanese website, took a screen cap from the Characters page, cropped it, and as pointed out, ran a filter through it.

Anyhow, suppose the English version of the game will have bugs and glitches in the game fixed?
The Prince's Quick Order for example.

I like to get a good feel for a game before I start playing, though I'm happy they have the option of Resting so I can do so in case I screw up by getting any less useful skills.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Since Atlus are still working on the English version, you might want to hop on their forum to ask if they can do something about such bugs while they're at it.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Zaraf
Fenrir

Postby Zaraf » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Updated the skill sim to include "Uses" data for each skill in the info boxes. This is basically the body part that a skill uses. If that body part is bound, then the skill cannot be used. Also some other typos and data fixes.

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Excellent as usual Zaraf. The body part especially.

Also just noticed (accidently x_x) that you can lock skill descriptions in place by double clicking the button. Thats cool.

105 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”