Ask Atlus Session #2

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Ask Atlus Session #2

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:58 am

Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:13 am

Mehbah
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mehbah » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:13 am

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:58 am

RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

alexpk86
Bloodant

Postby alexpk86 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:25 pm

"Who are you people and where's my horse?"

DarkMyst
Ragelope

Postby DarkMyst » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:23 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Ask Atlus Session #2

Postby zamisk » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:00 pm

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:52 pm

I've talked to someone who works at Atlus USA and he said that any game DEVELOPED by Atlus will almost certainly be released in America with the possible exception of cell phone games.

What he didn't know for sure was whether the Index Holdings thing will affect pre-release bundles.

That's pretty much all I have to ask since I haven't played the game yet like the majority of us

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:06 am

Were there any renames that you felt lost nuance in translation -- like how Ariadne's Thread in EOI became "Warp Wire" which, while functional, lacks the flair of the Japanese? Likewise, are there any renames which you feel you were able to add flair with the transition into English?

Arguably the class names come under greatest scrutiny from fans. Was sort of considerations go into making the decisions, and about how long did it take to decide on the English class names? Were there any class names that changed at the last minute or under went revision? Which class names were the most difficult? Easiest?

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 am

I had a hard time saying "Yggdroid" the first couple times

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:51 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:41 am

And not a single one of those is answerable by Atlus USA...

My only major questions were in regards to fixing the bugs (seriously, how the hell was turn-order manipulation bugged in _every single EO game_?) and if any other mechanics were changed for whatever reasons (hey, it's happened before on games released here).

Also, another vote for the "...seriously, Yggdroid?" question. Actually, in general, what was the naming philosophy anyway? More names were changed than were really necessary (since a lot were changed to existing letters which made more conflicts so I just wonder how exactly that went about. Or, more to the point, what's the problem with two letter abbreviations for the classes?

Aeiren
Bloodant

Postby Aeiren » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:58 am

- Were there any difficulties faced during the localization process of Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City?

- Were there any parts of the Etrian Odyssey / Seikaiju no MeiQ games that you did or did not like about?

- If you were to develop a new game in the Etrian Odyssey series instead of localization of the Japanese games into English, what would the new game be like? Would there be changes to the existing game mechanics, setting, plot, and/or characters? If yes, what would the changes be?

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:50 am

theo
Bloodant

Postby theo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:12 pm

30 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”