Answers to Quests

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

105 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Answers to Quests

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:17 am

Ok, so, with the game around the corner, figure it'd be a good idea to open a thread like this until a real guide is out somewhere.

:3 Let's have fun trying to complete those quests! Remember: please, use spoiler tags. Give the name of the quest and put everything else in spoiler tags. If you are answering someone, please indicate that as well. >_< SERIOUSLY, DON'T MAKE ME MAD!! :P

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:45 am

Edit: Quest Solutions, will try to keep this constantly updated.

Edit: 10/10/2010: All main game quests are done; three optional boss quests remain (1x 5th Stratum, 2x 6th Stratum) that will be done later.

1st Stratum
[spoiler]Butterfly Bistro's New Menu
[hide]Requirement: Finish the "Prelude to the Forest" Mission.

It's the first quest so it's not so bad. Just kill Forest Frogs until you get 1 Frog Cheek and 3 Slimy Legs. Their drop rate is 45% on the Slimy Legs and 15% on the Frog Cheeks.

Rewards: 3x Tent, 1000 EXP.[/hide]

The fisherman's rest
[hide]Requirement: Finish the "Prelude to the Forest" Mission.

Contrary to what you'd think, the location is NOT the 3x3 area at A1. You're looking for the dead end at A2. You must go during the day for this.

Rewards: 100 En, 500 EXP.[/hide]

Ho! The gigapede!
[hide]Requirement: Reach the 2nd Floor.

Pretty simple quest all-in-all. It serves as an introduction to changes in enemy spawns based on time of day. Anyway, Gigapedes can be found starting on the 2nd Floor during the night. The drop you're looking for is a Gigapede Leg and it has a 40% drop rate.

Reward: Pedant's Book, 1500 EXP.[/hide]

Request from the Firm
[hide]Requirement: Reach the 2nd Floor.

Not such a bad quest. You need to reach a Take node on the 2nd Floor and gather a Small Flower. The chances of getting one are 40% at C4 and 30% at A1.

Reward: Volt Hammer, 1000 EXP.[/hide]

The bond between guildmates
[hide]Requirement: Reach the 3rd Floor.

The first "complicated" quest. You'll do some running around to get this one done.

1) Talk to the Guard at D4 on the 2nd Floor.
2) Return to town and talk (Gather information option) to the Bertram Guild member at the Bistro.
3) Go to the camp spot on the 2nd Floor at D6.
4) Find the backpack at D4 on the 3rd Floor. There's a fight here so be prepared.
5) Reach the camp on the 3rd Floor at F4.

[Note: Memory as my DS keeps suiciding here and I can't find another DS today T.T I'll double check the 4th step's exact location.]

Reward: Poison Hammer, 1750 EXP.[/hide]

Man versus nature
[hide]Requirement: Reach the 3rd Floor.

The first of the "Bring X class" and also the first quest with a variable reward. You merely have to bring a Farmer that is at least level 2. The reward varies if your Farmer is over Level 7, I believe.

Reward: 2000 EXP, 1x Medica II (Level <7) or 3x Medica II (Level >7). Not sure what Level 7 gives you exactly yet but I'll get to that later.[/hide]

Amber Delight
[hide]Requirement: Reach the 4th Floor.

Simply put, this is a test of "did you read what they told you to do?" kind of quest. Your goal is to reach A4 and remember the three steps:

1) Smoke the nest.
2) Climb the tree.
3) Cut the nest off the branch.

Reward: 600 En, 3500 EXP.[/hide]

The fish festival
[hide]Requirement: Speak to Kujura after receiving the "Proof of will" Mission.

Not a "hard" quest per se; you're merely required to kill a lot of fish. The rewards are tiered based on how much you kill.

15 Fish: Amrita, 3500 EXP.
30 Fish: 2x Amrita, 4000 EXP.
40 Fish: 3x Amrita, 4500 EXP.
50 Fish: 5x Amrita, 5000 EXP.[/hide]

Letter in a bottle I
[hide]Requirement: Finish the "Request from the Firm" Quest.

Pretty simple quest; you merely have to tell the boy (yes, boy) at the Inn what to say. The correct option is to go ask for advice from the rest of the city and to then report to him. You MUST talk to all four people for advice (Shop, Bistro, Explorer's Guild, Port) to get the better reward. All other options give the slightly worse reward.

Reward: Varies; 3x Volt Oil and 500 EXP is the best reward; 1x Volt Oil and 500 EXP otherwise. No matter how you do the quest, he'll halve the cost of using the "bank" at the Inn.[/hide][/spoiler]

1st Stratum / HIGH SEAS
[spoiler]Tanniyn hunting
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the Lighthouse.

Just catch the Tanniyn. It's not hard to find (giant Fish) and shouldn't be hard to catch either. Overall, fairly simple introduction to catching fish I suppose.

Reward: 2 Ariadne Threads, 1500 EXP.[/hide][/spoiler]

2nd Stratum:
[spoiler]Too close to home.
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 5th Floor.

Pretty simple quest all things considered. Go to the 1st Floor and kill the 3 Greedy Lizards. They're nothing special and should easily be killable by the time you get this quest. They appear on your map when you enter at D2, C5, and B2.

Reward: Fire Hammer, 5500 EXP[/hide]

Messages from aeons past I
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 5th Floor.

Not too hard unless you miss the entrance at C2 leading to the west. It's really close to the down staircase (C1) so it's not hard to find. There's two chests there as well (Blinding Dagger, Theriaca B).

Reward: Spatha (40 wATK Dagger, 1 Empty Forge Slot), 4500 EXP.[/hide]

Clinic's Request
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 6th Floor.

Just need to get Thick Throats which are the Conditional Drop from Koolasuchus. It's an 85% Drop Rate and requires you to kill them with Volt damage but ... they tell you this (well, minus the drop rate). They appear starting on the 6th Floor and aren't too rare.

Reward: 1500 En, 8000 EXP[/hide]

Statue of Salvation
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 6th Floor.

Find the statue on the 6th Floor at C3. Not much else to say, really.

Reward: Panic Fleuret (1 wATK Rapier, 6 Terror Slots), +300 HP/TP from statue (one-time), 6000 EXP[/hide]

Deep blue
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 7th Floor.

Bring an Indigo Pith, an item from the Cut nodes found on the 7th Floor, back. Not too complex. The two nodes are located at B4 (40%) and B2 (70%).

Reward: Sleep Hammer, 9000 EXP.[/hide]

Professor Scott's all-nighter
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 7th Floor.

Floor 7, D5. Just stay and watch them. If you stay long enough (too long?), there will be a series of three fights: 2x Red Starfish, 1x Blue Starfish then 3x Red Starfish, 2x Blue Starfish, and finally 2x Blue Starfish, 1x King Starfish.

Reward: Pole Stone x5, 9750 EXP

Note: Reward MAY vary if you leave after the King Starfish is born but before you slaughter them all. I don't have a save to double check this so I hope someone else can do this for me. Please?[/hide]

Unknown Mutation
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 8th Floor.

Floor 8, B2. It's a fight vs a souped up version of an Iron Turtle. Nothing special to say, really.

Reward: Power Book, 12000 EXP[/hide]

Lost treasure
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 8th Floor, Finish the "Letter in a bottle I" Quest.

Multiple steps:

1) First Floor, D2. Hard to miss as you just head straight north until you run smack dab into him.
2) Ask about Ruffalo's Knife at Aman's Inn. Merely use the "Talk" option to do it.
3) Go to the bistro and "Gather Information" from the Long-haired blond man.
4) Return to the Inn and "Talk" again. The blond man is the liar.
5) Return to the bistro.

Reward: Varied; Amrita II x 3 if you do it right on the first try and goes down if you mess things up, 11,500 EXP[/hide][/spoiler]

3rd Stratum
[spoiler]Wishing on a branch
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 9th Floor.

Floor 9, E4. Not ... much else to say.

Reward: Ice Hammer, 10000 EXP[/hide]

The gourmand's demands
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 9th Floor.

Floor 9 to B2 to have the ants spawn; the Pomona itself shows up at D3. After you get the first one, three more ants appear that you can chase down and kill for another Pomona Fruit.

Reward: Varies; Madora x3 and 16500 EXP if you get all the fruit, Madora x1 and 15000 EXP otherwise.[/hide]

Letter in a bottle II
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 9th Floor and finish the first Letter in a bottle quest.

Another series quest but at least it's different from the first one.

1) Talk to the boy at the Inn.
2) Speak to Angie in the Deep City Inn.
3) Obtain some Scarlet Sage (Rare Take) from the 3rd Stratum.
4) Take the Green Remedy back to the Armoroad Inn.

Reward: Frost Jar x2, 12500 EXP.[/hide]

Messages from aeons past II
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 10th Floor and finish the first Message from aeons past quest.

You need to get Monster Bones from Flame Lizards, Cave Elephants, and Stegosauruses. Do be careful that you DO NOT SELL the item before the quest turn-in or else you need to go off searching for it again.

Items in question:

Stegosaurus: Stegosaur Fin (75%)
Cave Elephant: Red Tusk (85%)
Fire Lizard: Dino Calcaneus (30%)

Reward: Sonic Dagger (1 wATK, 5x Speed Forged), 16000 EXP[/hide]

Searching for springs
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 10th Floor.

Another variable reward quest. There's no reason to not get all three to be honest. They're located at:

A7 (4,2)
A1 (2,4)
D1 (2,1)

Reward: Varies, 3000 En and 14000 EXP if you find them all; 2000 En and ? EXP if you find less.[/hide]

The sculptor's request
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 11th Floor.

Obtain three Igneous Rocks from killing Lava Beasts with Ice Damage. It's a 100% Conditional Drop under those circumstances though it also stops their regular drop.

Reward: Speed Book, 15500 EXP.[/hide]

Ant Agony
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 11th Floor

You have to kill the Ant Queen ... which is harder than it sounds, really. She's comparable to a Stratum Boss and she's the first optional boss of the game. She has the following stats:

8888 HP, 830 TP
43 STR, 45 VIT, 36 TEC, 36 AGI, 44 LUC
75% Cut/Stab/Bash Resistance
100% Fire/Ice/Volt Resistance
1% Death and Petrify Resistance
50% Sleep Resistance
20% Poison, Blind, Confusion, Paralyze, Curse, Decay/Rot, and any other status I forgot Resistance
30% Head/Arm/Leg Bind Resistance
20% Lethal Resistance (any status that successfully lands has an additional 20% multiplier on it not working).

[Note: All resistances are multipliers; if you have 100%, just multiply across to get your true percentage.]

She's uh ... harder than you'd think. I'd advise you to come back after you finish the 3rd Stratum most likely. She's not too bad herself but she constantly spawns Ants that will eventually swarm you to death. I'd like to note she has a Conditional Drop of Kill while Sleeping that nets one of the best Daggers in the game.

Reward: Vigor Book x3, 22500 EXP, 1st Optional Boss Down Fuzzy Feelings[/hide]

Filling the Monstrous Codex
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 11th Floor

You only need 40 types to get this unlocked. It's really hard NOT to get this since you have the following:

1st Stratum: 15 Enemies, 4 FoE, 1 Pasaran, 1 Boss (21)
2nd Stratum: 12 Enemies (+3 behind the Moon Door, I believe), 3 FoE, 1 Quest Enemy, 1 Pasaran, 1 Boss (18 - 21)
3rd Stratum, up to the 11th Floor: 11 Enemies, 2 FoE, 1 Quest Enemy, 1 Pasaran (15)

54 to 57 enemies and that's _not_ counting anything you find while doing Sea Quests. Really, it's hard to NOT have this done by this point.

Reward: Head Hammer, 14000 EXP[/hide]

The jeweler's request
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 12th Floor.

Another variable reward quest. All you have to do is bring back something you get from Mining in the 3rd Stratum.

Reward: Varies based on what you bring back:
Corundum: Panic Guard (3x Confusion Resist Forged), 14500 EXP
Clastic Rock: Gale Amulet (5x AGI Forged), 16000 EXP
Pyrargyrite: Critical Belt (3x Critical Forged), 17500 EXP [/hide][/spoiler]

4th Stratum
[spoiler]The shrub fruit
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 13th Floor.

Reach D6 on Floor 13. Um ... not much else to say.

Reward: Kotegiri (1 wATK Katana, 6 Arm Bind Forged Slots), 19500 EXP.[/hide]

Elval's hobby
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 13th Floor.

You need to kill tons of monsters. Nothing else. The quest itself actually takes place in the 3rd Stratum and the points you get per encounter are based off of what you kill:

Floor 9: 1 pt/encounter.
Floor 10: 2 pts/encounter.
Floor 11: 3 pts/encounter.
Floor 12: 4 pts/encounter.
Mud Lurkers: 15 points.
Mother Dragons: 20 points.
Poison Dragons: 25 points.

You need a minimum of 30 points or you're disqualified.

Reward varies based on your placing:
3rd Place: 100 points, Metopon x2, 20000 EXP.
2nd Place: 150 points, Metopon x3, 22500 EXP
1st Place: 250 points, Metopon x5, 25000 EXP[/hide]

Statues of limitation
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 14th Floor.

Pretty simple puzzle located at A4/A5. Push all the buttons once (sans the X since that resets) to solve it. The order is irrelevant.

Reward: Paralysis Hammer (Stun when you actually get it), 26000 EXP.[/hide]

Treasures of the depths
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 14th Floor.

Multiple possible rewards. Buy a vase from Napier's Firm (3000en) or find one of four items on the 14th Floor at A2. Each one has a different reward.

1) Stylish Pot - Death Magatama (Accessory, 3x Death Resistance Forged Slots), 20000 EXP.
2) Coin (1,5) - 19000 EXP.
3) Large Plate (1,2) - 19000 EXP.
4) Candlestick (3,3) - Strength Ring (Accessory, 5x STR Forged Slots), 22500 EXP.
5) Statue (5,3) - 19000 EXP.

You also get an Energy Bracelet (Accessory, 5x VIT Forged Slots) regardless of which choice you choose.[/hide]

An artisan's choice
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 15th Floor.

Multiple reward possibilites though it's not hard to figure out which you're getting--you select the reward after all. The quest itself requires you to get 5 Spearhead Chips and 1 Damascus Edge. Spearhead Chips are drops from Deep Marines (55%) and the Damascus Edge is dropped by the Deep Raiders (80% Conditional, Kill with Strike/Bash damage).

The weapons you can choose are:
Sword: Schiavona (Cost: 11160en, 123 wATK, 1x HP Forged, 1x Empty)
Rapier: Colichemarde (Cost: 10860en, 115 wATK, 2x Empty)
Dagger: Ballock Knife (Cost: 10630en, 96 wATK, 3x Empty)
Spear: Partizan (Cost: 11220en, 124 wATK, 3x Empty)
Katana: Warabite (Cost: 11200en, 120 wATK, 1x Empty)
Hammer: Bolt Warhammer (Cost: 11240en, 133 wATK, 3x Volt Forged)
Crossbow: Dardanelles Gun (Cost: 11310en, 129 wATK, 2x Empty)
Tome: Firm Book (Cost: 10550en, 88 wATK, 2x VIT Forged, 1x TEC Forged, 1x Empty)
Gun: Ice Cannon (Cost: 11190en, 106 wATK, 3x Ice Forged)

Reward: Weapon of your choice, 22500 EXP[/hide]

Secrets on a pedestal
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the middle of the 16th Floor; I believe you need to turn in the first 4th Stratum Mission first too.

You want to reach D4 on Floor 15 (right in front of the stairs, actually). The order the tablets go in is pretty easy if you've been reading all themurals (C1, A4, C7)

Sky -> Top
Earth -> Left
Man -> Right

If you mess up, you're teleported to A4. If you're right, it opens and you get a set of Antique Armor (...which isn't useable ... yet).

Reward: Plague Hammer, Plate Coat, 27500 EXP[/hide]

A comrade sleeping below
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the middle of the 16th Floor; I believe you need to turn in the first 4th Stratum Mission first too.

He shows up when you enter and then heads towards the hole at E6; if you follow him down the hole, he leads you on a chase to the hole at E2. So ... just don't follow him down the hole. Go down the stairs instead and fight him since you have him cornered.

Reward: 6000en, 30000 EXP[/hide][/spoiler]

5th Stratum
[spoiler]Praying with pampas grass
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 17th Floor and reach the Trade City Ugarit.

There's two solutions I know of for this quest: Find Pampas Grass on Floor 17 and take it to the bar or find Pampas Grass out on the seas and take it back to Ayutthaya. The latter gives you 4x Hamao II and the former gives 2.

Edit: The grass is located at C6 on Floor 17 or A3 on the South Sea Exploration Map; for the sea exploration part, you'll want to depart from the 2nd Foothold to do the trek in the allotted time.

Reward: Hamao II x2 or Hamao II x4, 27500 EXP.[/hide]

Elval's hobby II
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 17th Floor and finished the "Elval's hobby I" quest.

Another "Hey do X a lot" quest; he wants you to gather on the 4th Stratum. It's oddly ... very easy. You merely need to get at least 5 items and be sure to go with a near empty inventory.

Reward: Varies depending on how many items you bring back:
3rd Place - 15 Gathers*
2nd Place - 30 Gathers, 1x Cut Mist, 1x Bash Mist, 1x Stab Mist, 30000 EXP
1st Place - 45 Gathers, 2x Cut Mist, 2x Bash Mist, 2x Stab Mist, 35000 EXP

*I completely forgot to check the EXP for this reward level; presumably, you just get the single Cut Mist and probably 25000-27500 EXP.[/hide]

Filling the Item Compendium
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 17th Floor.

...get 130 entries in the Item Compendium. There's no tricks. No surprises.

Reward: Curse Hammer, 30000 EXP.[/hide]

A salty exploration
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 18th Floor.

Go to C5 on Floor 18 (it's a dead-end in one of the no map territories). Not much else to say, honestly. If you go there before you get the quest, it's an [E]vent that nets you -120 HP to everyone and then +200HP/+100 TP to everyone after a few steps (~8 steps, I believe).

Reward: Curse Poems, 30000 EXP[/hide]

A secret request
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 18th Floor.

Not a terribly hard quest. You merely need to enter Floor 18 to get the Mushroom Dagger and then find the FoE at F7 and kill it with whomever has the Dagger equipped.

Reward: Arm Hammer, 40000 EXP.[/hide]

Sisters
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 19th Floor.

Multiple steps here:

1) Talk at Napier's Firm.
2) Visit the Napier Branch Store during the day and at night.
3) Tell the truth when confronted. You can refuse but it infinite loops. Cooperate with her when asked.
4) Talk at the Inn, Bar (+ the two adventurers via the Gather Information option), Port, and Guild.
5) Return to the Napier's Branch; the proper response is that she's making winter clothing. I'm not sure if "messing up" worsens your reward. I didn't check it, sorry :(
6) Get a Violet Tail from the Silver Fox enemies; it's a 35% drop so it's not too bad to get them.
7) Go to Napier's Firm and hand over the Violet Tail (via the Talk option, don't sell it).

Reward: 3x Formaldehyde, 40000 EXP[/hide]

Rock of wages
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 19th Floor.

The rock is located at D1; when you find it, you're given two options: Take the rock (starts a fight) or don't (...doesn't). If you don't, you pick up a different rock to return with. I didn't make a backup save for this either so uncertain of what happens if you try to take the rock. I _think_ that you get a better reward if you take it (2x Intelligence Books) but unsure.

Reward: Intelligence Book, 45000 EXP.[/hide]

Mooning over clover
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 20th Floor.

You merely need to get a 4-Leaf Clover from the 1st Floor at D3. However, if you _do not take the 4-Leaf clover_ you get a better reward.

Reward: 2x Luck Book (1x if you take the clover), 42500 EXP[/hide]

THe bird pair
[hide]Pre-requiste: Reach the 20th Floor and finish the Sisters quest.

The birds are located on the first floor at B2/C2 area (the hidden area in the center with the two chests). Incidentally, random encounters are replaced with stronger Largebills (who give decent EXP too at ~3000 each). Once both bird FoEs are dead, the Largebills are replaced with the normal encounters.

Reward: 10000en, 50000 EXP.[/hide][/spoiler]
Last edited by scy on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:22 am

EOI's "Ankh Quest" was pretty wretched (my fault for getting to record where I had seen those damn things) and any of the ones in the sixth stratum. Still, you know someone's prolly going to ask eventually XD

[] - [] - [] - []

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:34 pm

<_< that's another thing that would bite me. I would be so anxious in EOI to continue on that my quest seriously lacked and then I realized it would have been so more helpful if I had had the quest while I was exploring.

[] - [] - [] - []

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Anima Zero
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Anima Zero » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:19 pm

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:21 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Yeah, Conditional Items now have neat little Gold Text. Oddly, this applies even to the ones that aren't really "Conditional" like Ghost Ships' "It's just Rare" drop.

Odd, I know.

Edit: To save you some frustration Maxine, there's a 3rd Stratum quest that you should just not try to do when you first get it. You'll thank me later.

[spoiler]I got it _after_ I started the post-game. To be fair, I don't think I tried during the 5th Stratum when I probably could've done it (since the 4th Stratum boss has more HP than it but is probably easier of a fight than it).

The Conditional Drop also fucking sucks to get. "Kill while asleep" is just fucked up on an 8888 HP encounter.[/spoiler]

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:21 am

Freaking gigapeeds. I had to kill like ten of them before they dropped the damn leg.

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:01 am

If it makes you feel any better, I had to kill like 20 or so of those toads on B1F before they coughed up an item I needed for a quest :P.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:45 am

You talking about the "Bistro menu" quest? Cause those frogs drop so many sticky legs but almost no frog mouths (Or what ever the damn thing is called)

Valcry01
Ragelope

Postby Valcry01 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:30 am

I got stuck on that Bistro Menu quest too. I looked it up and found out that to get those frog cheeks, you have to [spoiler]kill those frogs with blunt attacks. In my case, I made sure my unarmed monk was the one who finished them off (fists count as blunt attacks, huzzah!).[/spoiler]

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:39 am

Huh?
[spoiler]They're normal drops in the Japanese version. [s]Does the cheeks' text show up as yellow?[/s] Edit: Oops, yellow means rare, not conditional drop. Conditional drops are the ones that are in the 3rd slot of the drop lists shown in the encyclopedia.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Self on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Valcry01
Ragelope

Postby Valcry01 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:42 am

[spoiler]They're normal drops? If they are, I had no idea. o.O I was having trouble getting frog cheeks, so I ended up finding some Gamespot thread saying blunt attacks made those frogs drop frog cheeks. Does that mean me getting those drops with the monk was a coincidence? o___o[/spoiler]

105 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”