Answers to Quests

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

105 posts
Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:13 pm

I didn't have to fight any of them.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:17 am

So annoying. Damn it sampson
[spoiler]Then how the hell did you get past them? I either miss mapped the floor so far or am missing something, cause I can't figure where to go without having to fight one of them. I could get further but the one in D3. He stops chasing me and retreats to his nest, so I can't reach the path behind him. That and the one in A3 is the only other I can sneak/get chased around/through.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Oh also where is that guards buddy? The one that asks me to find his friend.[/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:18 pm

You're clearly missing something. You're not meant to enter [hide]A3 from the North, D3 from the East[/hide]. There's a way completely around them by going to [hide]Floor 8 first and then back up to Floor 7[/hide].

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Yea after mapping the floor now I noticed I was wrong about fighting them so yea scy's right and just run away until then..xD

[spoiler]and If I recall the place your looking for might be D5 on floor 7 where you find the badge thing of one dead sentries..and take note of the place it will be the spot for a quest too[/spoiler]
Last edited by Lord Zombie on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:36 pm

Then I must be missing the stairs to get up and back down.Anyone got a image of that floors map I can see?

Pureauthor
Fenrir

Postby Pureauthor » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Okay. Also how do I get to the [hide]lighthouse[/hide]. I approach from the front and my ship gets attacked, or I can't reach it by any other way in just [hide] eight turns on dried pies[/hide]. What am I missing?

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:23 pm

@LMC

[spoiler]For the lighthouse you have to go in from the back and ride one of currents that takes you to the calm water spot in front of the whirlpool just study the currents and you should easily see which current to take and as for avoiding being attacked..try to stay about a block away from the lighthouse until you get behind it

As for the food you'll need sheep cheese that gives you 16 turns then can't recall exactly where it was but I think it was near the lighthouse in some lone island..might be in B4 I think[/spoiler]
Last edited by Lord Zombie on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pureauthor
Fenrir

Postby Pureauthor » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:25 pm

You're missing [hide]the food item that gets you 16 move[/hide]. :P

If you can't make a beeline for the [hide]Lighthouse[/hide], why not explore the areas you can get to?

Optional Boss
Wyvern

Postby Optional Boss » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Quest this is referencing: [hide]Messages from Aeons Past II[/hide]

[spoiler]Anyone have an idea what I am supposed to do for Messages from Aeons Past II? I know I am supposed to kill Cave Elephants, Stegosauruses, and Flame Lizards. Where do Flame Lizards appear? And what items, exactly, am I supposed to be getting from them? It is something actually called Monster Bones, or are they referring to the monsters' bone-like item drops, like Predatory Fangs and Red Tusks? Any help would be appreciated.[/spoiler]

Book Completion: 66%

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Optional Boss:
[spoiler]The quest is a bit vague on this, but you're supposed to collect all of the drops (or some? I don't know, but I did get all of them) of those three monsters. It's pretty easy to do. As for the Flame Lizards, they appear at either B11F or late B10F.[/spoiler]

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Reminder to try not to spoiler an entire post without any reference to what it's about. It makes it very difficult for the mods to police the forums, and also it represents a potential spoiler bomb. OptyBossy, Lord Zombie, I edited your posts to reflect this.

:3 thanks!

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:36 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:39 pm

Thanks guys. I forgot the [hide]ceder quest the goat hearder gave me.[/hide]

On a side note, doing the lighthouse stuff when your level twenty is so easy. I actually one turn killed the boss.

105 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”