Answers to Quests

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

105 posts
Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:31 pm

You could always just use the levels of the AI party members as a guideline.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:33 pm

I would, but when I teamed up with the three pirates in the [hide]ghost pirate ship[/hide] mission those three got demolished. Leaving my prince and ninja looking at each other going "oh shit"

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Anyone know where to get that Poison Tail needed for the [hide]Sisters[/hide] quest?
RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Poison tail? Isn't that the item the [hide]beaver things[/hide] drop on the second floor?

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Yea I tried one of those but it didn't seem to be the right one for the quest ...unless I missed something during the dialog..which I probably did...xD

edit- yep my mistake <.< i'm looking for a Violet Tail actually..xD

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:38 pm

yaddayaddayadda

5th Stratum
[spoiler]Praying with pampas grass
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 17th Floor and reach the Trade City Ugarit.

There's two solutions I know of for this quest: Find Pampas Grass on Floor 17 and take it to the bar or find Pampas Grass out on the seas and take it back to Ayutthaya. The latter gives you 4x Hamao II and the former gives 2.

Edit: The grass is located at C6 on Floor 17 or A3 on the South Sea Exploration Map; for the sea exploration part, you'll want to depart from the 2nd Foothold to do the trek in the allotted time.

Anyway, directly east from Ugarit is a small island that has the grass. You have to get the grass and then make it back to Ayutthaya in one trip to get this reward.

Reward: Hamao II x2 or Hamao II x4, 27500 EXP.[/hide]

Elval's hobby II
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 17th Floor and finished the "Elval's hobby I" quest.

Another "Hey do X a lot" quest; he wants you to gather on the 4th Stratum. It's oddly ... very easy. You merely need to get at least 5 items and be sure to go with a near empty inventory.

Reward: Varies depending on how many items you bring back:
3rd Place - 15 Gathers*
2nd Place - 30 Gathers, 1x Cut Mist, 1x Bash Mist, 1x Stab Mist, 30000 EXP
1st Place - 45 Gathers, 2x Cut Mist, 2x Bash Mist, 2x Stab Mist, 35000 EXP

*I completely forgot to check the EXP for this reward level; presumably, you just get the single Cut Mist and probably 25000-27500 EXP.[/hide]

Filling the Item Compendium
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 17th Floor.

...get 130 entries in the Item Compendium. There's no tricks. No surprises.

Reward: Curse Hammer, 30000 EXP.[/hide]

A salty exploration
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 18th Floor.

Go to C5 on Floor 18 (it's a dead-end in one of the no map territories). Not much else to say, honestly. If you go there before you get the quest, it's an [E]vent that nets you -120 HP to everyone and then +200HP/+100 TP to everyone after a few steps (~8 steps, I believe).

Reward: Curse Poems, 30000 EXP[/hide]

A secret request
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 18th Floor.

Not a terribly hard quest. You merely need to enter Floor 18 to get the Mushroom Dagger and then find the FoE at F7 and kill it with whomever has the Dagger equipped.

Reward: Arm Hammer, 40000 EXP.[/hide]

Sisters
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 19th Floor.

Multiple steps here:

1) Talk at Napier's Firm.
2) Visit the Napier Branch Store during the day and at night.
3) Tell the truth when confronted. You can refuse but it infinite loops. Cooperate with her when asked.
4) Talk at the Inn, Bar (+ the two adventurers via the Gather Information option), Port, and Guild.
5) Return to the Napier's Branch; the proper response is that she's making winter clothing. I'm not sure if "messing up" worsens your reward. I didn't check it, sorry :(
6) Get a Violet Tail from the Silver Fox enemies; it's a 35% drop so it's not too bad to get them.
7) Go to Napier's Firm and hand over the Violet Tail (via the Talk option, don't sell it).

Reward: 3x Formaldehyde, 40000 EXP[/hide]

Rock of wages
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 19th Floor.

The rock is located at D1; when you find it, you're given two options: Take the rock (starts a fight) or don't (...doesn't). If you don't, you pick up a different rock to return with. I didn't make a backup save for this either so uncertain of what happens if you try to take the rock. I _think_ that you get a better reward if you take it (2x Intelligence Books) but unsure.

Reward: Intelligence Book, 45000 EXP.[/hide]

Mooning over clover
[hide]Pre-requisite: Reach the 20th Floor.

You merely need to get a 4-Leaf Clover from the 1st Floor at D3. However, if you _do not take the 4-Leaf clover_ you get a better reward.

Reward: 2x Luck Book (1x if you take the clover), 42500 EXP[/hide]

The bird pair
[hide]Pre-requiste: Reach the 20th Floor and finish the Sisters quest.

The birds are located on the first floor at B2/C2 area (the hidden area in the center with the two chests). Incidentally, random encounters are replaced with stronger Largebills (who give decent EXP too at ~3000 each). Once both bird FoEs are dead, the Largebills are replaced with the normal encounters.

Reward: 10000en, 50000 EXP.[/hide][/spoiler]

The remaining quests (3 of them) are all post-game optional boss stuff. I'll get those entries later but I figured the "actual" quests should be up first.
Last edited by scy on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:07 pm

@Scy for the [hide]pampas grass[/hide] quest the spot in the dungeon is in [hide]C6 at the dead end[/hide]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:31 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Since I posted it on GameFAQs and all:

Post-game Quests
[spoiler]Monster from across the sea
[hide]Pre-requisites: Reach the 20th Floor, have finished the "The bird pair" quest, and have finished the entirety of the "Letter in a bottle" line.

The quest for Alraune; just talk to the boy at the Inn and then go to Floor 17, D6.

Stats:
22000 HP
66 STR, 67 TEC, 72 VIT, 57 AGI, 53 LUC
0% Ice, Volt
150% Fire
100% Cut, Stab, Bash
1% Instant Death, Petrify
10% All Status Effects
30% Head, Arm, and Leg Bind

Reward: 100000en, 95000 EXP[/hide]

Elval's Grim Truth
[hide]Pre-requisites: Reach the 21st Floor and have finished the "Elval's hobby" line.

Kraken is the "most complicated" of these bosses to find. You need to press a switch on Floor 13, A5 to reach Kraken at B5 on the same floor.

Stats:
30000 HP
80 STR, 80 TEC, 75 VIT, 24 AGI, 56 TEC
125% Fire, Ice, Volt, Cut, Stab, Bash
0% All Status Effects
30% Head and Arm Bind
120% Leg Bind

Reward: 100000en, 95000 EXP[/hide]

Shrouded in the Abyss
[hide]Pre-requisites: Reach the 21st Floor

Anemone is located on Floor 5 but you get there via Floor 6, D7.

Stats:
17000 HP
61 STR, 62 TEC, 68 VIT, 52 AGI, 49 LUC
150% Fire, Ice, Volt
25% Cut, Stab, Bash
10% All Status Effects
30% Head, Arm, and Leg Bind

Reward: 100000en, 95000 EXP[/hide][/spoiler]

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:18 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:06 pm

I'm not quite sure what to think of that when the entirety of the quest solutions are one page back and on the first page.

...regardless:

Treasures of the depths
[spoiler]Pre-requisite: Reach the 14th Floor.

Multiple possible rewards. Buy a vase from Napier's Firm (3000en) or find one of four items on the 14th Floor at A2. Each one has a different reward.

1) Stylish Pot - Death Magatama (Accessory, 3x Death Resistance Forged Slots), 20000 EXP.
2) Coin (1,5) - 19000 EXP.
3) Large Plate (1,2) - 19000 EXP.
4) Candlestick (3,3) - Strength Ring (Accessory, 5x STR Forged Slots), 22500 EXP.
5) Statue (5,3) - 19000 EXP.

You also get an Energy Bracelet (Accessory, 5x VIT Forged Slots) regardless of which choice you choose. [/spoiler]

Short answer: [hide]Candlestick for 22500 EXP, Strength Ring, Energy Bracelet[/hide]

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:18 am

So i'm confused by the quest "Sisters". What are you supposed to do? [hide]Like I know I'm supposed to talk to the deep sister during day and night, then she offers if I wanna spy on her sister. Who I then have to go and talk to all the towns folk. What do I do after that and what yields the best rewards?[/hide]

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:38 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Seriously, the 5th Stratum Quest solutions are still on this page.

Sisters
[spoiler]Pre-requisite: Reach the 19th Floor.

Multiple steps here:

1) Talk at Napier's Firm.
2) Visit the Napier Branch Store during the day and at night.
3) Tell the truth when confronted. You can refuse but it infinite loops. Cooperate with her when asked.
4) Talk at the Inn, Bar (+ the two adventurers via the Gather Information option), Port, and Guild.
5) Return to the Napier's Branch; the proper response is that she's making winter clothing. I'm not sure if "messing up" worsens your reward. I didn't check it.
6) Get a Violet Tail from the Silver Fox enemies; it's a 35% drop so it's not too bad to get them once you find them.
7) Go to Napier's Firm and hand over the Violet Tail (via the Talk option, don't sell it).

Reward: 3x Formaldehyde, 40000 EXP[/spoiler]

105 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”