I hate choosing sides...(PLOT SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Yeah, I just meant that [hide]Gatekeeper[/hide] isn't weak to fire specifically.

As for dealing with [hide]Gatekeeper[/hide], kill the [hide]Ghost Ship[/hide] Sea Exploration Boss to get Aegis Shield; that'll completely null all the damage from Tenchi Souha Sho. Other than that, it does Bash damage (somehow) so that should give you an element to look at resisting.

As for Yggdroid, they're a front-row class by design but sub-classes on them can get them in the back-row. My familiarity with the class is pretty limited though since Shogun has been my choice on three playthroughs >>
Last edited by scy on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FomeRubr555
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FomeRubr555 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Someone forgot to hide their text. :P

[spoiler]But anyway, I'm kind of lost on sea exploration at the moment, but I don't think it'll be a big issue. My Hoplite can survive the attack...rather well, actually, so the shield isn't necessary (though probably still useful). My monk barely lives, but the rest of my team dies. My only revive method is rank 1 Resurrect, and reviving people with 1 health is annoying when the enemy is unpredictable. Fortunately I saw another post on his pattern so...I guess if I defend/Line Guard on the right turns I can probably survive it... Going to try that now, in fact, after I deal with that damn Poison Dragon again... [/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Meh. Gatekeeper is the boss that this topic spoiler is about in general. But, alright:

[spoiler]I posted the rotation elsewhere so that's probably what you're referring to. That said, I'm not sure what you mean defend/Line Guard on the right turns since his only real stable damaging attack is Tenchi Souha Sho; everything else that can hurt you is randomly selected (since it's the separated forms which don't have a pattern).

Then again, his only scary attack IS Tenchi Souha Sho and handling that trivializes the fight >>

As for Aegis Shield, it's great to have since it's a full turn of complete (physical) invulnerability.

Edit: In case you're not aware (since I wasn't really specific on it), Aegis Shield is a Limit, not an item. It completely nulls the damage dealt to your entire group.[/spoiler]

FomeRubr555
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FomeRubr555 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:09 am

Oh...well I just like to be careful, especially since I just joined a day or two ago so I'd like to not get in trouble with spoilers already.

Anyway, I beat the boss. What I meant by the right turns are the turns when he uses that specific attack. Which I did. I simply had all my party members defend on that turn so they would survive, and then use Line Heals to patch everyone up on the following turns. Everything else was pretty trivial in comparison, except for the one case where he decided not to go for my Provoke-buffed Hoplite and kill my Buccaneer, but that didn't hinder me in the long run.

I wasn't aware that you were referring to a Limit skill, but oh well, doesn't matter much now!

So I have [hide]Yggdroid[/hide] unlocked now, but I'm waiting until one of my characters is level 40 to retire them and replace them. That way I get an extra skill point, as per what the skill simulator said.

CoarseDragon
Ragelope

Postby CoarseDragon » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:31 am

Has anyone considered that the [hide]bosses change and drop different items [/hide]depending on which side you choose? Or do you just go with your gut feeling?
EO III
Guild: Seekers
Members: Hoplite - Gladiator
Ninja - Arbalist - Zodiac
-------------------------------
EO IV
Guild: Talons
Members: Landsknecht - Fortress - Nightseeker
Medic - Runemaster

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:55 am

The only noteworthy item difference is the awesome Crossbow from the Yggdroid route.

And, well, the ultimate Yggdroid armor from the Shogun route, I suppose, but the post-game is mostly dominated by Slice/Crush/Pierce Amulets than actual armor.

Edit: And, for those who don't know the item differences:

4th Stratum Boss - Drops can be traded for:
Book of Law: Book, 15200 en, 99 ATK, Slots: 3x TP, 2x Empty
Dark Attire: Clothes, 213000 en, 97 DEF, Slots: 1x AGI, 1x LUC, 1x SPD; usable by Ninja only

5th Stratum Boss - Drops can be traded for:
Carbide Armor: Heavy Armor, 254800 en, 129 DEF, Slots: 1x Cut Resist, 1x Bash Resist, 1x Stab Resist; usable by Yggdroid only
Durandal: Sword, 125000 en, 170 ATK, Slots: 2x STR, 2x VIT

Deep City Mission:
4th Stratum Boss - Drops can be traded for:
Gorm Glas: Rapier, 10100 en, 112 ATK, Slots: 2x Plague, 1x Free
Ameno Makagoyumi: Crossbow, 298000 en, 199 ATK, Slots: 3x TP, 3x HIT

5th Stratum Boss - Drops can be traded for:
Youtou Nihiru: Katana, 38900 en, 150 ATK, Slots: 4x Curse
Royal Byrnie: Heavy Armor, 259000 en, 130 DEF, Slots: 2x HP, 2x TP; usable by Prince(ss) only

True Ending:
True Ending Boss - Drops can be traded for:
Almagest: Book, 36200 en, 115 ATK, Slots: 3x TEC, 3x TP

Dangerus
Manticor

Re: I hate choosing sides...(PLOT SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!)

Postby Dangerus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:14 am

Has anyone...

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:04 am

You mean people actually choose based merely on the class? :o

Well, I suppose there are such people. Not me though.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:21 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Shousa
Fenrir

Postby Shousa » Wed May 29, 2013 7:07 pm

I do not dislike choosing sides, it's just that Etrian Odyssey never let me choose the side I wanted to...

Etrian Odyssey I

Etrian Odyssey II

Etrian Odyssey III

But then again that's part of the series and I expect EOIV to be the same.

Also, Olympia is my favorite character from EOIII, not counting the ones that you encounter in post game.

"The more laws and order are made prominent,
the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Laozi

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed May 29, 2013 7:29 pm

As for EO1, I would've sided with the Forest Folk. Then again, I find the Mission giving human very shady and I mean it in the suspicious sense.

I have yet for meet that guy in EO2, but he sounds just as shady...

EO4 I felt very satisfied with who I sided with. It was refreshing because I am feeling that this part of the series actually reached my sentiments.

40 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”