Anyone else playing with a farmer pile? :)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
mandoris
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Anyone else playing with a farmer pile? :)

Postby mandoris » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

I started out EO3 with what I consider an abnormal team, 4 farmers and a prince. I gave the prince the ability that heals your party every turn you have full hp and gave all the farmers the +30% experience skill, as well as a few points each in harvesting.

It seems to work very well ironically, but I suspect my pacing is off. What level are people typically when they hit the 3rd floor? I hit the 3rd floor at with my party at level 13, after being able to clear out every FOE on the 2nd floor on my way there. Having 4 farmers, I can harvest tons of chop/take resources from the 1st two floors and afford the best gear for my party easily, which might be helping.

Also, the very first thing I did when starting was make one of each class and give them the ability where they get exp when not in the party. They're all actually leveling up at a respectable rate just sitting back at the guild, for when I figure at some point my farmers will start to get outclassed and I'll need a real party. :)

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:33 am

Huh. I have a secondary party of a monk and 4 farmers for gathering, and they get ass raped in battle. Let me know how long your party lasts before you replace them. If you do. Although I guess it would be possible to beat the game with that team after subclassing. Good luck!

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Optional Boss
Wyvern

Postby Optional Boss » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:56 am

I have a team with a Farmer/Buccaneer, Farmer/Wildling, Farmer/Prince, Monk/Farmer, and a Hoplite I use as a second team for harvest runs, but I don't use them as a primary party. They all have Combat Study maxed out, and they're fairly self sufficient in the labyrinth, but not amazing at combat. They can handle one or two fights on the current stratum, a quick run through the stratum above, and all others strata they can harvest in almost indefinitely. They aren't amazing in battle, although I have used them to clear out early strata FOEs and bosses. They're roughly between level 30-40 right now, and my main party is level 48 and just starting the 4th stratum.

Book Completion: 66%

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:14 am

In my JP run, I beat the 1st Stratum around level 12-13 (maybe 14 though I don't think so since my Warrior didn't have Blade Rave then). I actually doubt I could beat it any sooner if only for the fact that's about the amount of EXP you get by doing all the quests and rushing through the Stratum >>

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:22 am

I have a group of 5 farmers who just sprint for the nearest gathering point, which usually kills 2 of them on the second stratum, but I still get to use their gathering skills .__. so who cares.

When I unlock subclassing, yeah, they'll get some better stuff.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Pheonick
Ragelope

Postby Pheonick » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Princess, Gladiator, Monk, Ninja, Zodiac @ B10F

Listen to experience is for yays. Retraining from retirement is lame D:

CoarseDragon
Ragelope

Postby CoarseDragon » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:03 am

EO III
Guild: Seekers
Members: Hoplite - Gladiator
Ninja - Arbalist - Zodiac
-------------------------------
EO IV
Guild: Talons
Members: Landsknecht - Fortress - Nightseeker
Medic - Runemaster

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:13 am

8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”