Sub Class Help / Reccomendations..

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Serule
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sub Class Help / Reccomendations..

Postby Serule » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:44 am

I've hit a brick wall in EOIII and can not go forward until I figure this out :P

I cant decide on what classes to sub for my current party! Ill list what I have and what I was thinking (if anything) of subbing for that character..

Hoplite / Prince (since I only really use him for tanking I figured I might as well do something else with that TP and give him the Defense buffs)

Warrior / Prince (same story but for the attack buffs)

Monk / Princess ( >.> same story but for the passive healing )

Arbalist / Pirate (Mainly for ladyluck and limit boost)

Pirate..........................? dunno yet...

now the hoplite and monk are definite permanent members my party, however I was planning on getting a Ronin down the line to replace the warrior.. but as for the last two im not so sure.. the Arbalist can dish out some mean damage.. but I was thinking about replacing her with a Zodiac...

I'm so indecisive.. I need some advice! If you could give me some good combination's to think about it would make my night go a lot smoother! :)

=edit= I know I flubbed some of the class names and I apologize for that, but you should get the general idea :D

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:40 am

Hmmm...Sounds like your party is built around buffs before damage. At least to me. I'm not the number genius like Scy or eHarper.

For a lot of bosses and certain enemies having binds and elemental attacks is useful. Maybe mix up your pirate with a zodiac to help with elemental abilities. Put enough points in so that you either gain more TP used or break even by using your lady luck skill.

Also, the guild/class thread has a lot of people trying to figure out their best subclass combos for their team. I say ask there as well.

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Personally, the only synergy I see there is the Pirate using Hanging and providing Head Bind, and then the Arbalist and the Warrior going to town on the bound foe with Snipe and Bind Cut.

I would almost certainly consider a Zodiac if your Arbalist is not planning to use the Element Shots. And even if they are, their gas-guzzling behaviour may mean you can't use them too often.

If your Hoplite is only tanking, then consider making them a Ninja for the dodgy stuff.

I'd also at least sub farmer with somebody. But then, I like Farmers.

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Well, trying to keep the majority of the group:

Phalanx/Shinobi - Gives you Clone for a second Phalanx for double Line Guard, double Bodyguard, Line Guard + Bodyguard, etc. Alternatively, can go the Evasion route with Provoke and Parry to help lower damage taken. Double Phalanx is mostly a post-game kind of build, to be honest. Alternative is /Monk for Pilgrim's Deed (Ascetic's Deed?) so they heal every time a skill is used.

Warrior/... - ...alright, to be honest, they don't really need much from their subclass. Ballista for +Accuracy passive is nice but that's basically it. If you unlock Shogun, I'd go that for setting up the Ikkitousen combo. Even if you don't, there's some nice passives (Bloodstained Spear, Suicide Assistant, Endure).

Alternatively, this could become a Shogun/Pirate when that gets unlocked. Would make the Ballista subbing easier if nothing else.

Monk/Prince(ss) - Best healer blahblahblah etc.

Ballista/Shogun - Yeah, unlocked at the 3rd Stratum but it's probably the best option. Ballista/Zodiac can help get the most out of your Barrages and increases damage in general when hitting weaknesses. Ballista is another class that doesn't get much from their sub if they're not fully utilizing the sub over the primary.

Pirate/??? - I'd definitely go for a front-row Pirate over a back-row one to be perfectly honest. Rapier skills are better in general and it lets you move the Monk to the back. In that case, I'd probably go Pirate/Warrior for Wide Swing, Charge, Berserker's Oath, etc.

If you keep it in the back, I honestly have no idea.

[spoiler]My personal group with the basis of your group would be:

Phalanx/Shinobi, Pirate/Warrior, Monk/Prince(ss)
Shogun/Pirate, Ballista/Shogun

Alternatively, Ballista to front-row for Rear Mortar when not using Ikkitousen ... but that's pretty rare so meh. Could also move the Ballista to the front as a Warrior and change the Warrior to Warrior/Shogun. Warrior Ikkitousen's and Ballista just spams Rear Mortar but ... meh. Makes the team a bit more frail then.[/spoiler]

CoarseDragon
Ragelope

Postby CoarseDragon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:01 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Hoplite/Ninja - Yes, you're going to double up on clones. But the Ninja's is fine without them. Basically in battles where you need more than one Antielement or in a need to be a lot more defensive. Summon up a Hoplite clone and Line Guard or Antielem away! Even if you don't like clones Senpuku can be used for increasing the Hoplite's already strong survivability. Other than Ninja though... a Hoplite isn't going to benefit much from subclass. They're pretty strong as a main class already.

Gladiator/... Uh... - Yeah... Gladiators.... er... um... I used Farmer! Just so I can have exploration abilities! Of course... I ditched my Gladiator in favor of a [hide]Shogun[/hide]... er... I hate Gladiator =|

Ninja/Zodiac - For your party I'd go for Zodiac. That way you can use Dark Ether for such a small TP cost. With a Ninja clone you can freely use Meteor without a worry for TP cost (Dark Ether). Of course it'll be fighting with the Hoplite clones. Sort of. Dark Ether can pretty sweet if used on your Hoplite as well >_>

Arbalist/Gladiator - Put him in the front and have him use Charge + Front Mortar. Its damage is just.... =O

Zodiac/Gladiator - Well... you have a Ninja spamming Dark Ether. This means you no longer need to worry about TP cost. So... Charge + Meteor, GO!

If you think two Meteor users is boring though. Arbalist is another option. The elemental barrages are much stronger than the Zodiac's elemental spells. If you hit an enemy's weakpoint you can do a lot of damage.

CoarseDragon
Ragelope

Postby CoarseDragon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:55 pm

Not at all I'd love two Meteor spammers. Thank you for the insight.

Did you multiclass the [hide]Shogun[/hide]?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:00 pm

8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”