Forging tips

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
CoarseDragon
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Forging tips

Postby CoarseDragon » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:36 am

I tried to search, and I could have completely missed it and if I did I am sorry, but I did not see any forging topics. You get the ability to forge pretty early but it looks like there will be lots of things to be done later in the game.

Does anyone have any good combinations?

I am using this right now.
[spoiler]I am using blind in two slots and Poison in another slot. So far it is working out pretty well with dual wield. I get Blind pretty often but only rarely getting poison - probably because I only have one slot with poison[/spoiler]

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:01 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:25 am

Generally speaking, Elemental attributes are better for damage than any other option. Status effects are nifty since they're 6% for the first and +3% for the rest after that. However, you need around 4 or so slots for it to be really good (4 slots = 15%) and even then it's a bit "meh" at best.

Stats are better if you never plan to use (or don't care about) your regular damage since the Elements don't work with skills. Accuracy and Speed do work with skills, however, so they're a nice investment as well.

Personally, I just have everyone slotted with Elemental Damage so it lets me auto-attack just that much better.

Edit: Off-hand, I believe ATK does help Skill damage though at 3% a slot so that's worth a thought eventually.

CoarseDragon
Ragelope

Postby CoarseDragon » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:51 am

I don't have any Elementals yet but that sounds like a pretty good idea. Of course speed would be really nice too.
EO III
Guild: Seekers
Members: Hoplite - Gladiator
Ninja - Arbalist - Zodiac
-------------------------------
EO IV
Guild: Talons
Members: Landsknecht - Fortress - Nightseeker
Medic - Runemaster

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:33 am

Faivon
Ragelope

Postby Faivon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:52 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:58 am

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:20 am

I got the Power hammer (+STR) a while ago and was wondering if it has some real use since the damage simulation seems to indicate that the +ATK one is just plain better. Is there some skill that requires high STR?

Faivon
Ragelope

Postby Faivon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:25 am

How about this?
Let's say I hit monster A with no-element Katana, it hits for 100 damage. Monster A has very high ice resistant and I add three ice element into the katana slot, will the damage reduced a lot because the katana is now ice element or it skip the elemental addition and apply slash damage instead?

Or maybe 100 damage to the monster + [insert ice damage here] ?

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:05 am

The mechanic is explained in , last (hidden) paragraph in the first post, if I got it right, in your example it would be 100 damage + a very little ice damage bonus (say, 3 with a 90% ice resistance, versus 30 with a neutral one).

The baseline is that physical resistances and elemental resistances act separately on the respective amount of damage.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:54 pm

The Forges work like this:

BaseDamage * PhysicalResistance * OtherMultipliers + BaseDamage * #_of_slots * 10% * ElementalResistance * OtherMultipliers

BaseDamage being the result of:
(wATK - dVIT) * sqrt(aSTR/dVIT)

Physical/ElementalResistance being the target's Physical or Elemental Resistance.

OtherMultipliers are any other Multipliers that work on Physical or Elemental damage.

Basically, each slot is a 10% Damage increase and it's merely added on top.. They go through separate resistance checks and the damage it's based off of is the _pre-resistance_ amount.

Pawuzuzu
Ragelope

Postby Pawuzuzu » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:14 am

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 am

ATK is better unless the character's STR is less than 17.

13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”