Damage and Stat Calculators

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Xen0nex
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Damage and Stat Calculators

Postby Xen0nex » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:49 am

I don't know if these would be useful or even usable to anyone or not, but I made a silly Excel file for calculating the stats of every class at any level by typing in a level, and a damage calculator for attacks /skills/ magic. I don't know if there any already out there, but I couldn't find any.

Here it is http://www.mediafire.com/?qlc248md0r9q51g , they are on Sheet 1 and Sheet 2
EDIT: Last updated on Oct 12 with various bug fixes and additions.

(I think, I'm rather new to file hosting so I'm not quite sure how this works.)
Sorry in advance, I used information made by actually competent people such as Zaraf and negzee's skill simulator, Fenrir's formulas and Scy046's Stat Tables (I believe these are the sources, please correct me if I am wrong.)
So it is probably written very poorly and may have errors, but I did a few simple checks with an Arbalist attacking and it seems to match up perfectly. The stat calculator is just a simpler/faster way to look up stats for classes and compare them to each other easily without scrolling too much, and the main use I had for the damage calculator was to check several weapons at once to see which one gave the best overall benefit to my damage. It currently ignores elemental weakness / resistance and doesn't quite take everything into consideration, but it should be good for getting a basic idea of how weapons / skills/ classes compare in terms of damage dealing.

Incidentally, I was looking a table/list of the class stats/stat growth, and found this thread http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981313-e ... 545?page=2 and found a broken link, and instead of looking down a whole 2 posts to where Scy046 posts his new link to the table, I decide "Hmm it must be lost forever, I guess I'll need to make one if I want to see the stats." So anyway, I ended up spending the next 30 minutes making the stat calculator, then realised the table was right there and facepalmed. But I figured since this is the Internet, it's only appropriate someones else should benefit from my suffering, so I'll upload it in case someone else wants to save the several seconds it takes to scroll around the already provided stat tables (As someone who spent a night making these calculators instead of being productive, or actually playing the game, I know how important it is to save time!)
Last edited by Xen0nex on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xen0nex USED POST!
IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:52 am

Well, to be fair, basically every source people cite (including what I built the stat tables from) are from kumicyou.

Xen0nex
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Xen0nex » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Oh, OK. I guess that makes things easy! But yeah, I definitely have been greatly appreciating the efforts you and others have been making to help people figure out how the game works and in translating! (And it seems that for a lot of us people who play the Etrian series, figuring out how everything works and optimizing things is as much a part of the game as, say, killing giant turtles is.)
Xen0nex USED POST!

IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Xen0nex
Ragelope

Postby Xen0nex » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:45 am

Oh it was suggested, and so now it takes Retirement bonuses into account, which it really should have before . Here's the new file : http://www.mediafire.com/?xujvcla2mydvl82
Xen0nex USED POST!

IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Quite handy, thanks.

Any chance of getting effects of HP UP and TP UP also added?

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Some damage calculator mistakes I noticed:
-Weapon/fist masteries should not affect skill damage
-Data Analysis should affect the critical hit damage multiplier (1.3~1.9x instead of the usual 1.5x)

(Also, it looks like "Fenrir" is me?)

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:06 pm

If you're posting as that name on GameFAQs it is.

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:21 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Xen0nex
Ragelope

Postby Xen0nex » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Um... yeah I guess I'm pretty new to not figure out where names and titles go.. heh... Sorry, Self! Okay, thanks, I fixed the weapon/fist mastery (Guess I accidentally copied that over!) and added Hp Up/Tp Up support. http://www.mediafire.com/?cvr72mo6bubaww6 . Before I fix the Data Analysis, I want to make sure I got it right (I've left out Overheat too since I don't have Yggdroids yet and am still a bit confused on how exactly their passives work).
So Data analysis only affects normal attacks, right? Does it affect regular attack damage like the skill sim suggests, or only the damage of critical hits? If so, does it add 30-90% to the usual 50% critical increase, or actually replace the 50% increase (I guess making critical hits less powerful at low levels?) And then, does Overheat affect only regular attack, or also skills dependent on STR or TEC?
Xen0nex USED POST!

IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Xen0nex
Ragelope

Postby Xen0nex » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Oops in a recent update I set elemental slots to affect skill damage for some reason (Hope this isn't a gonna become a habit...), fixed it and decided from now on I will just keep using the same url from the first upload, http://www.mediafire.com/?qlc248md0r9q51g , and keep updating the newest file to be linked from there.
Xen0nex USED POST!

IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Xen0nex
Ragelope

Postby Xen0nex » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Xen0nex USED POST!

IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Xen0nex
Ragelope

Postby Xen0nex » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:27 am

Xen0nex USED POST!

IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Xen0nex
Ragelope

Postby Xen0nex » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:46 am

Xen0nex USED POST!

IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

20 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”