Knighthood - Bugged or not?

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Zeblid
Fenrir

Knighthood - Bugged or not?

Postby Zeblid » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:56 pm

It seems this move is 1st Turn's replacement. In EO, I owned the labyrinth with this skill. However, the Skill Simulator states it having a bug, which made me fret using it. Until I decided to test it.

Well, I haven't played the japanese version, but I tested my theory on a [hide]Scaled Dragon[/hide] FOE, in the english version(obviously).
My party setup is PGW/NB, and I have Knighthood at L1, mind you.
5 turns of regular attacking, where my order would be Ninja > Buccaneer > Princess > Gladiator > Wildling, the FOE would attack either directly after my Ninja or Buccaneer.
I tried using Knighthood on my slow Gladiator, and then my slower Wildling, just regular attacks, and both went before the FOE or any other character(my quick Ninja or Buccaneer).

So, either the bug was false, or they just fixed it when the game came overseas. Anybody else test it out?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:00 am

It is still bugged. It, however, is a relatively complicated bug. Knighthood grants +6000 SPD to the target and +1000 SPD to the corresponding "enemy" target; slots 1 and 2 in your group (top-left, top-middle) don't correspond with anything, however. Slots 3-6 (top-right, bottom-left, bottom-middle, bottom-right) correspond to the first four enemies. So, in your example of one enemy, Knighthood is viable on slot 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6; you just can't Knighthood the top-right (3) slot.

Zeblid
Fenrir

Postby Zeblid » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:11 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:16 am

Uh. I should rephrase it, I suppose. The Knighthood bug isn't that it doesn't grant you SPD, it's that it grants a SPD boost to an enemy as well; it's not supposed to give SPD to the enemy. The bug is that the FoE is going before the rest of your group due to getting a SPD bonus.

And two characters in the back should mean you use wherever you put them; the game remembers the slot you put them in.

Zeblid
Fenrir

Postby Zeblid » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:38 am

Oh, I see. So the Princess goes first, then whoever Knighthood targeted, then the enemy that corresponds with that character's slot. I suppose if my Wildling and Princess switched slots, things would get cleared up.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”