Shogun question

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Serule
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Shogun question

Postby Serule » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:34 am

If I sub Gladiator on my Shogun, and unlock Blade rave, use it with two weapons (a katana and a sword) will each hit hit twice? or is there a better sub to use with this guy? I already know about buccaneer somewhat, is that really so op?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:42 am

Second Sword doesn't affect skills. The only exception to this is 5-Ring Sword. At level 10 it does 2 - 5 hits with one weapon, 2 - 10 hits with two weapons.

Gladiator is the best if you don't have a Warrior Might user. Berserker Vow, Charge and 5-Ring Sword can do a lot of damage. Buccaneer is only good if you have a Warrior Might user. You can use Swashbuckling and Second Sword to help your Warrior Might user score a lot of hits.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:40 am

9 smashes>blade rave

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:53 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:00 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:05 am

Barring the Yagrush, it's really not that big of a difference between the two. I mean, Clubs/Hammers do have the better wATK at basically every upgrade point but it's not "YOU CHOSE WRONG YOU FAIL" kind of bad.

...unless you grind the Yagrush, that is. Then it is "YOU CHOSE WRONG YOU FAIL." You can basically ride that weapon the entire game (it's arguably better than the "best" wATK Club since it has two empty Forge slots instead of the 16 wATK ... though I suppose that's only true for Warrior's Might + 2x Elemental Forges).

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:51 am

Pheonick
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Pheonick » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:33 am

I was toying around with a Shogun/Gladiator that had Mace/Swords maxed using Blade Rave and Nine-smash. I basically sunk all the skill points into the Gladiator's tree, excepting Two-Sword.
He was the ULTIMATE GLADIATOR and was fun for a while (especially since the awesome agility of the shogun meant nine smash wasn't so lame for accuracy) but got bored and used my previous save state to make a shogun with actual shogun skills. Was thinking of making him subbed as a hoplite to offset the massive defense discrepancy, but I don't know how I missed evade-whoring as a ninja. I mean I've got a ninja who does just that already. o.O
Princess, Gladiator, Monk, Ninja, Zodiac @ B10F

Listen to experience is for yays. Retraining from retirement is lame D:

Faivon
Ragelope

Postby Faivon » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:24 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Pheonick
Ragelope

Postby Pheonick » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:03 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Pheonick
Ragelope

Postby Pheonick » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Amazing, thanks for the info!

Annoying that I wiped when I found my first crushing fang, managed to get that quest finished though. Might have to learn Izuna...

Setherzam
Ragelope

Postby Setherzam » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:20 pm

If I only have one shogun in the party, would a 5-ring sword/wild swings build be better then a warrior's might build? assuming both have max berserker's vow

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:29 pm

One Shogun as in no Shogun/Pirate and Gladiator/Shogun? Or just one Shogun main period?

If it's the former, 5-Ring Sword would probably do more fully buffed though it's close (4 Warrior's Might hits outdamages it; less, arguably, since you can factor in Elemental Forges too).

If it's the latter, no. A Shogun main isn't the one using Warrior's Might in the first place.

27 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”