Team Questions

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Soren37
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Team Questions

Postby Soren37 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:37 am

Hello!

So I am pretty new to this game, and I was wondering what a good beginner team would be? I originally had a Hoplite, Princess, Monk, Zodiac and Ninja, but I scrapped them after having too many difficulties. I'm now trying a Buccaneer, Princess, Gladiator, Monk, and Zodiac, but I'm still running into troubles.

Also, what skills should I generally invest in people? Should I go for the extra attack skills, or should I just go for the Mastery skills?
Guild: Sciondar
Members: By-Ry (Hop/Nin)
Lasi (Buc/Gla)
Areek (Nin/Zod)
Nairn (Far/Gla)
Scot (Mon/Pri)

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:28 am

Soren37
Ragelope

Postby Soren37 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:36 am

Thank you very much for the information! I'll try and see if this set up works.

Hoplite/Prince Build
[spoiler]
Hoplite/Prince Build
Level: 70
Level Cap: 70
Total Points: 77
Available Points: 0
Retired: No

Common Skills
HP Up: 5/10
Mine: 2/10

Main Class: Hoplite
Guardian: 10/10
Shield Mastery: 3/10
Line Guard: 10/10
Bodyguard: 10/10
Shrug Off: 5/5
Provoke: 5/10

Sub Class: Prince
Royal Veil: 5/10
Triumphant Cry: 5/10
Monarch March: 7/10
Guard Order: 10/10

Defender first, healer second.
[/spoiler]

Ninja/Zodiac Build
[spoiler]Ninja/Zodiac Build

Common Skills
Chop: 2/10

Main Class: Ninja
Keburi no Sue: 10/10
Knife Mastery: 5/10
Kagenui: 8/10
Takanoha: 5/10
Kagerou: 3/5
Otori: 1/10
Bunshin: 1/1
Tonsou Jutsu: 3/5

Sub Class: Zodiac
Fire Mastery: 1/10
Ice Mastery: 1/10
Volt Mastery: 1/10
Singularity: 5/5
Etheric Return: 3/5
Fire Star: 1/10
Ice Star: 1/10
Volt Star: 1/10
Meteor: 10/10
Etheric Charge: 5/5
Dark Ether: 5/5
Horoscope: 5/5

I wanted to have Keburi No Sue maxed to significantly drop the TP cost for the skills. Also, do the clones take up a party space or no? As in, would I have 4 guild members and 1 clone, or 5 members and 1 clone?
[/spoiler]

Monk/Prince
[spoiler]
Monk/Prince Build

Common Skills
No skills learned

Main Class: Monk
Form Qi: 10/10
Healing: 5/10
Full Heal: 5/5
Line Heal: 5/10
Party Heal: 6/10
Refresh: 4/10
Unbind: 2/10
Resurrect: 10/10

Royal Veil: 10/10
Triumphant Cry: 10/10
Monarch March: 10/10

...It's a heal-bot...
[/spoiler]

Buccaneer/Prince Build
[spoiler]
Buccaneer/Prince Build

Common Skills
Take: 2/10

Main Class: Buccaneer
Trickster: 5/10
Rapier Mastery: 10/10
Gun Mastery: 10/10
Lady Luck: 10/10
Limit Boost: 5/5
Lights Out: 1/10
Hanging: 10/10
Pincushion: 5/10
Eagle Eye: 4/5

Royal Veil: 5/10
Triumphant Cry: 5/10
Monarch March: 5/10

I just followed Scy's recommendations.
[/spoiler]

I also want to have a Gladiator for my last person, but I don't know what I want to sub-class it with that would make it stronger.
Guild: Sciondar

Members: By-Ry (Hop/Nin)

Lasi (Buc/Gla)

Areek (Nin/Zod)

Nairn (Far/Gla)

Scot (Mon/Pri)

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:06 am

Basically, why so many Prince(ss) subs? It's really not that necessary to have so many of them. Basically, Royal Veil (5) -> Triumphant Cry (5) -> Monarch's March (as needed) is all you really need total; 3 of that is a bit overkill.

On top of that, Protect Order is your heal of choice for the Monk/Prince(ss); you really don't need more than 1 point in Party Heal as you'll be relying on Protect Order more. Also, Full Heal isn't really worth it. Really, you really need is Protect Order with Form Qi maxed as far as healing is really concerned.

Hoplite: 1/10 Bodyguard does all you really want Bodyguard for. You probably want to get Provoke->Parry with a Shinobi sub for Senpuku. Monk for Ascetic Deeds is another good choice as it lets them heal themselves whenever they use a skill.

Shinobi: Meteor, whilst nice, is probably outdone by Takanoha. I'd ... honestly have to do the math. If you go the Meteor route, I'd probably not pick up much out of their Dagger skills outside of Kagenui for Leg Binds. As for Clones, they take up a slot in your group but you have up-to 6 slots to work with so you can have 5 + 1 as your group. If you have 4 characters, you can have two clones.

Monk: Covered already. I will note I don't care much for maxing Ressurect but ... just depends on whether or not you carry Nectars.

Pirate: Really, Gladiator is a better sub option. And, without retirements, it is kind of hard to get everything you want out of them. Also, Lady Luck is worthless if you're not regular attacking. Limit Boost is similar enough, arguably. Lady Luck + Limit Boost + Swashbuckling is a package thing you'd get.

Lady Luck only works for regular attacks so if you're using skills, it really does you nothing; Limit Boost works for skills but just has a little less value without Swashbuckling. Swashbuckling ... well, boosts regular attacks.

Gladiator: They really don't benefit much from a sub. Arbalist for Proper Form helps some accuracy issues and Shogun is great if you plan to go the Warrior's Might route, though you probably want Shogun/Pirate for Second Sword + Swashbuckling. That and it's a super cookie-cutter combo that some people have problems with using >>

Tiramisu
Ragelope

Postby Tiramisu » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:44 pm

More Princess is always good. One of the classes that blends well with other classes, like Arbalist.

Hoplite needs to focus more on anti-elements, Monk might want to go with Guard/Attack Order and less Monarch march. The rest is ok. Possible other subclasses include Arbalist if you want Front Mortar, Ninja if you have a 3 front, 2 back setup for line guard, or Monk.

Gladiator with Arbalist for Double Action is a neat way to go, and Shogun/Buccaneer is the real swashbuckling hero. Lady Luck+2Swords+Swashbuckling. All that could make it better would be either the instant-kill of Ninja or the stun from Gladiator.

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”