Party Help

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Latawreos
Ragelope

Party Help

Postby Latawreos » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:32 pm

I'm utterly clueless about my party and what I should do with them, so...I'm asking for help from those who are further than me. (I can't beat the damn catfish.)

Hoplite Lv: 11

Guardian Lv: 1
Shield Mastery Lv: 5
Spear Mastery Lv: 2
Bodyguard: Lv 1
Provoke: Lv 3
Take Lv: 1

Gladiator Lv: 11

Endless Battle Lv: 5
Sword Mastery Lv: 7
Take Lv 1

Buccaneer Lv: 11

Gun Mastery Lv: Master
Rapid Fire: Lv: 2
Take: Lv 1

Monk: Lv: 11

Form Qi Lv: 1
Fist Mastery Lv: 5
Healing: Lv: 2
Refresh Lv: 2
Unbind Lv: 2

Prince Lv: 11

Royal Veil Lv: 5
Attack Order Lv: 3
Guard Order Lv: 3
Fire Arms Lv: 1

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Tiramisu
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tiramisu » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:16 pm

I recommend getting an Arbalist with Volt Barrage or any character with an "all" target skill to knock Namer out of the ground.

Some things don't add up with classes, for example Element Arms, not a lot of damage from these skills, it's better for your Princess to work towards Monarch March which will let you last longer on the floor, Guard and then Attack Order along with 1 point of Prevent Order for the next boss.

Hoplite should work towards Anti-Element skills, Line Guard and Provoke rather than Spear Mastery. Guardian is also a must. To be honest, I don't use Line Guard as much as anti-element skills.

Gladiator is ok, early level monk of mine went Fist and Breakfire Fist for Narmer, reset to full support by third strat.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:25 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:03 pm

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Tiramisu
Ragelope

Postby Tiramisu » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:19 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:58 pm

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:11 am

Off the top of my head, there's all of two encounters where the antis are good for the main game. Any other instance is simply using it and hoping for the best. They're a waste of points, honestly, for much of the main game. Conversely, line guard is rarely a bad choice to be used, especially for a front-row Hoplte as that front is all you need protected.

As for random encounters...why are they even being used? Very few random encounters, if any, need you to be using skills. Using antis constantly in the event they work is honestly a waste of TP.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:19 am

Soren37
Ragelope

Postby Soren37 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:50 am

With your Prince, while the Element Arms may seem handy, I'd almost find them pointless to raise beyond the first level. The skills may seem helpful, as they add on elemental damage to difficult enemies that tear you in half. However, and others may have to correct me on this, I don't believe that elements will transfer over when using skills. ie. A Buccanner buffed with Fire Arms, and then using Hanging, will most likely not gain the Fire damage.

Just listen to Scy. They know what they're doing.
Guild: Sciondar
Members: By-Ry (Hop/Nin)
Lasi (Buc/Gla)
Areek (Nin/Zod)
Nairn (Far/Gla)
Scot (Mon/Pri)

Tiramisu
Ragelope

Postby Tiramisu » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:15 am

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:38 pm

12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”