Some Newbie Questions

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

kingofredlions
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kingofredlions » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:31 am

So just beat Stratum 2 boss. Thank god for Inferno, a few good 500s and he went down nicely. But now I can sub class...ah decisions decisions....

well my Hopilite is subbing Ninja cause he is a tank. End of story

I'm gonna probably switch out my Glad for a Shogun when i unlock them. But I'm gonna get arbalist for the accuracy boost.

Monk not sure,

Zodiac not sure,

Princess not sure.

I'm thinking of retiring my Princess at 30 so I can get a ninja to get zodiac and just have mana battery all day long. :P

Monk then will probably be a prince sub, and Zodiac, not sure if I want arbalist or glad. or maybe just retiring the zodiac for a arbalist. hmmm

ideas?

Also, since this is my first run of the game, does it matter if I lied to Olympia? can I still get shogun?

alexpk86
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby alexpk86 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:54 am

the special classes will be unlocked based on which path you choose when you reach B11F.

[spoiler]Armoroad path > Shogun
Deep City path > Yggroid[/spoiler]
"Who are you people and where's my horse?"

kingofredlions
Ragelope

Postby kingofredlions » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:00 am

ah thank you alex

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:11 am

kingofredlions
Ragelope

Postby kingofredlions » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:17 pm

ok thank you

Can farmers sub class?

I was wondering because you get a free 5 extra skill points when you sub class...unless there is a downfall to that, should I just give my farmers a sub just for those 5 extra skill points to put into the farmers nods skills?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:29 am

crazyjavi87
Ragelope

Postby crazyjavi87 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:38 am

Wait wait wait. Combat study let's characters not in the party gain experience?

Clarify this please cause that just confused me a bit. Also, I put five points into Ad Nihilo. Something I kinda regret but not really cause it does some form of damage, but it's too costly to even bother with it.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:58 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:59 pm

To further clarify, each point of Combat Study gives the sidelined characters 1% of the TOTAL EXP earned from a fight. At max level, they get 10% of the EXP which means that they level half as fast as a group of 5 (which gets 20% of the EXP each).

As for Ad Nihilo, there's never a reason to put more than one point in it. The damage it does is low and you don't care about the damage it does anyway.

24 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”