I just realized something

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Zeblid
Fenrir

I just realized something

Postby Zeblid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:33 pm

I picked EO2 over EO in the beginning because EO2's Strata appealed more to me. Because they were all forests... Not that EO's weren't, but EO2's were more realistic I suppose.

Anyway, that being said, I kind of feel out of EO3. I haven't played it much at all over the past couple weeks. I mean, it's awesome and all, and I enjoy the gameplay a lot more than EO's, but still. It presents pretty much an opposite-of-EO2 setting.

You may(but probably not) have realized I haven't been here in a while, or posted, I should say. This probably has to do with the EO-realization I've come to, also.

Well, I don't know what to say now. I just feel kind of anxious as to play EO2 over again, but I don't really want to abandon EO3.
So uh... Comments, anyone? I would kind of like some opinions on what I should do, I guess, and/or what drawed others' attention to the series.

In other news, I got the Ice Scale in EO last night. Boo-yah.

SAL
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SAL » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:49 pm

Well, if you're looking for forestry-type areas, EO3 actually does have a lot. Here's how I consider the breakdown of the stratas and whether they're forestry or not:
1. Forest
2. Not Forest
3. Not Forest
4. Not Forest
5. Forest
6. Forest
So you can see that half the dungeon takes place in a forestry-type setting. Is it really more forestry in the other EOs? I can't really remember all their particular stratas off the top of my head...

for me personally, I'm more of a gameplay-mechanics nut, and don't really care too much about the scenery (or not enough for it alone to make me want to play or not play a game, at least). So obviously EO3 is by far my favorite in the series. EO1 and EO2 I kind of like equally I think, I feel like they both had their strengths and weaknesses. My main complaint with EO1 is that the gameplay feels noticably more limited compared to the others. And my main complaint with EO2 is that the gameplay feels the most unbalanced and "sloppy" of them all. I think EO3 is definitely a significant improvement on the gameplay aspect over the previous two, with the character classes being both extremely flexible and much better balanced.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Spoilers for all stratas in all three games

[spoiler]EO1
1 - Forest
2 - Jungle
3 - Uh... watery forest.
4 - Wasteland
5 - Lost City
6 - Innards of a tree

EO2
1 - Forest
2 - Autumn forest
3 - Winter forest
4 - Cherry Blossom forest
5 - Floating Fortress
6 - Forest

EO3
1 - Forest
2 - Coral Reef
3 - Volcano
4 - Underwater temple
5 - Forest
6 - Cthulhu styled jungle[/spoiler]

Overall, yeah EO2 has the most forests. EO3 has the least.

Zeblid
Fenrir

Postby Zeblid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:06 pm

The first Stratum of EO3 is moreso ruins with some plants/vines/moss/flowers growing throughout it, and barely any trees at all. But it was still nice.

[spoiler]Claret Hollows were the innards of a tree? Really? That's friggin' awesome, I thought they were just these creepy caves.

And yeah, I get to look forward to the last two Strata...[/spoiler]

Anyway, I feel kind of more into it now that I've been talking about it some more, and stuff. Thanks guys.

crazyjavi87
Ragelope

Postby crazyjavi87 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:21 am

My train of thought for EO was kinda like
1.Forest
2.Jungle(still counts as forest)
3.Underwater forest(seriously. trees looked like coral)
4.Desert Forest
5.Urban Forest
6....what the hell?

I can see why 2 appealed more because of how the stratums looked. It followed the seasons up until 5 and six and went something like
1.Summer
2.Fall
3.Winter
4.Spring

I liked how they put a theme into the second one.

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”