Endgame grinding? (may contain spoilers)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Benkyo
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Endgame grinding? (may contain spoilers)

Postby Benkyo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:07 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Benkyo
Fenrir

Postby Benkyo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:58 am

無垢無頼努

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:30 pm

Benkyo
Fenrir

Postby Benkyo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:27 am

re: forging, I simply never got around to doing it before now. I quickly came to the same conclusion regarding ATK and elements though.

After re-building my team for higher damage output, going back over all the bosses for the rare drops and grinding more than anyone should in one lifetime I beat all the bosses except the final one (the elder dragon I haven't tried yet). After a few dozen attempts at mapping out his attack patterns and dying endlessly I concluded that after stage 3 it just goes random and I could not beat him. Frustration set in and I resorted to spoilers for the first time.

[spoiler]多元抜刀 cheese and he's down. I feel immensely disappointed and slightly soiled.[/spoiler]

Oh well, spoiler-free grind-free fun right up until the post-game final boss. Not many JRPGs/Roguelikes manage that level of challenge and balance so I should be happy =)

What's next eh? Anyone reading this have any game recommendations?

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”