Highest probability of applying binds?

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Benkyo
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Highest probability of applying binds?

Postby Benkyo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:02 am

Soren37
Ragelope

Postby Soren37 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:45 am

You also have to look at the innate chance the skill has to bind. If we looked at a Ninja's Kagenui skill, it only has a 33% chance to inflict the bind. Once you get it up to 10/10 points, you now have a 60% chance to bind, in addition to LCK.

I'm...not sure about the Arbalist. The description would make me think you could perform the skill twice, just as long as it targets a single enemy.

A Farmer's LCK can help increase the chance of getting a bind going. However, LCK can only get you so far. If you really want to play with Binds, get those skills in ASAP.

And yes, forging is an option.
Guild: Sciondar
Members: By-Ry (Hop/Nin)
Lasi (Buc/Gla)
Areek (Nin/Zod)
Nairn (Far/Gla)
Scot (Mon/Pri)

Benkyo
Fenrir

Postby Benkyo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:42 am

Spoiler:

[spoiler]I ask because I suspect that getting consistent near 100% head arm and leg binds is the first step toward beating the final seafaring quest boss. I'm most definitely NOT asking for anyone to confirm/deny or spoil that, but I would like to put my efforts towards building the best binding team I can.[/spoiler]

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:17 am

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:26 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:44 pm

Beast King > Farmer for landing status effects (better TEC + 2*LUC). As for the forges, they only work on regular attacks, as Self said, and they're only 6% for the first slot and +3% for each slot after (or 27% max assuming an 8x Forged Weapon).

Self linked the topic for it but, just for those who are lazy:

bAcc = Base Accuracy of Skill
bDiff = 2*aLUC + aTEC - 2*dLUC - dTEC

If bDiff <= -18: Acc = bAcc
If bDiff >= 22: Acc = 2*bAcc
Else: Acc = [(1.17 + 0.83 * Sin(0.07*bDiff - 0.20)) * bAcc]

Acc = Acc + Rn(0..9)

Basically, you'll either have your base chance (i.e., what the skill says it should do) or up to double the base chance. Unfortunately, every value below 0 nets a lower than base chance so ... yeah. That said, if you're "of level" for the fight, basically everything that should be able to inflict a status effect is sitting at a positive value in comparison to the target.

As for the fight you mention,
[spoiler]You only really need Head Bind and it's fairly easy to get those to land due to their low resistance to it and the fact that they ignore the accumulating resistance penalty.[/spoiler]

Benkyo
Fenrir

Postby Benkyo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:15 am

Thanks for the information, especially regarding useless forging!

I'm going to skip the spoilers though, I learned my lesson from spoiling the final post-game boss fight.
無垢無頼努

7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”