What do you think of the music?

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

beingthehero
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What do you think of the music?

Postby beingthehero » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:30 pm

7th Dragon's BGM was kind of boring except for a handful of songs, so I was kind of leery and wondering if Yuzo Koshiro had hit a rut yet again before playing this game (though the outtake music had already proven me wonderfully wrong). Personally, I think EOIII's music so far is the best of the series. I'm at labyrinth III, and Cave of Splendor really took me by surprise. It's almost reminiscent of a Gradius BGM.

Also the boss themes and battle themes are some of the best. So do you think it holds a candle to EOI's Sorcerian-esque music or EOII's soft orchestral vibe?

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:30 am

I liked EOII best, but I haven't played EOI yet.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

alexpk86
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby alexpk86 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:23 am

To me aquatic themes are meh.
I didn't quite like either EO1 3rd Stratum's nor EO3 2nd's.

I think that overall EO2 has the best music, in EO3 I liked more the town's themes than the labyrinth's.
"Who are you people and where's my horse?"

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:56 am

-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:22 am

fauxsquared
Ogre

Postby fauxsquared » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:35 am

Zeta look cute fillies.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:22 pm

EOIII has the best boss battle theme ever. EOII had the best... every other theme (Especially the themes for the random skirmishes).

Its too bad the post-game bosses still use Scatter About though. I never liked the song in the first game and I still don't like it in this one and the 2nd one either.

In fact, EOIII's version of it sounds even worse than the other two =|

alexpk86
Bloodant

Postby alexpk86 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Zeblid
Fenrir

Postby Zeblid » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:51 pm

It's the theme of the [hide]dragons, how can one not like it?[/hide]

Come to think of it, it was only used for like, [hide]Drake, Golem, and maybe Alraune?[/hide]

Anyway, I loved the music in all games, to death. EO1 sounds more retro, EO2 has that orchestral vibe like you stated, and EO3 sounds upbeat and rock, I suppose.

EO2's will always be my favorite though, since that was my first/favorite in the series anyway.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Same

-PLA

alexpk86
Bloodant

Postby alexpk86 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:38 am

Illuminage
Wyvern

Postby Illuminage » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:27 am

EO II for me...simply because of Cherry Tree Bridge theme. God, I love it so much, and I know this isn't about the visuals, but omg, the music fit well with the Labyrinth. -spazzes- EO III has the better battle themes, especially for the bosses.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:20 pm

oh god, I don't have time to be doing an EO I, II, and III BGM analysis right now, this'll have to wait @_@;;

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:30 pm

I liked EO3's music the best I think, although I admit that EO2 had some great tunes as well. I had my favorites from each game, but I think that I liked the largest percentage of EO3's music overall, so that one gets my vote as the best music of the three.

EO1's music just wasn't that catchy or memorable, which was strange, considering Yuzo Koshiro tends to make some of the best and most memorable music in just about every other game he's done I can think of. So in general I thought EO1 still had good music, but when thinking about the fact that it was Yuzo Koshiro doing it, it seemed kind of bad.

Medicforhire
Ragelope

Postby Medicforhire » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Their healing arts help support the party.

21 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”