Beginner questions

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:23 am

And I think we are going a little too offtopic here. We have a whole discussion board for chats like this - let's keep this thread clean now. EO3 chatter ONLY.

[] - [] - [] - []

IceMage88
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby IceMage88 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:57 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Make 10 Farmers at the start. 5 of them will get Combat Study and work towards maxing that as they level before going for Harvesting -> Keen Nose -> etc. The other 5 will immediately get Harvesting and just do some basic gathers on the early floors; once the first set can do some Gathering on their own, you can delete the 3/10 Harvesting guys.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Didn't. My farmer is the weakest character, but I don't care if he dies or not in combat. What matters is that I drag his ass to whatever site. ^_^ In my mind, it's rather funny 'cause I imagine my monk character complaining while she's dragging his half dead body and when they arrive she orders him to get to work already!

As long as the farmer is in the party, you get to share in the benefits. Obviously it means you are down to four members, but usually farming the previous floors is all you need anyways. Put the points not in combat study but in the harvesting skills as well as the one that lets you restore harvesting points. The only time you need his sorry ass alive is to use that skill (I think it's called Double). So I usually brought a Nectar with me until my monk learned revive and I only used that the moment I needed it.

Funny end to the story: I subclassed my monk as farmer. For all her hard work dragging his body around she actually learned something XD

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:25 pm

You mean Double Crop.

Personally, it's just easier / more rewarding to take 5 Farmers. That way, you have 50 points of Keen Nose (so half your gathers are the Rare), basically infinite gathers (25 + Points in Mine/Take/Chop + Double Crop), no encounters (Safe STroll), and "free" Warp Wire/Ariadne's Thread (To Market; costs 13 TP but saves you an inventory slot which means one more gather~).

Plus, it's kind of funny to see the group of 99 Farmers in my roster.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:44 pm

It's the fact I didn't want upteen farmers in my guild... >_> one is good. ^_^ I have too much fun with the storylines I concoct.

[] - [] - [] - []

IceMage88
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby IceMage88 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:20 am

I have four farmers, so I'm probably gonna wait a bit. I don't want to have a farming clan :p I wanna have a guild full of heroes. I may make some, then delete them afterwords, but I haven't decided yet.

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Making a farming team may seem kind of stupid, but it basically becomes necessary at higher levels if you want to be able to buy elite equipment. You unfortunately just can't get away with only farming conditional drops for cash like you could in EO2 this time around, and a single farmer (or even two) simply won't cut it either.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:57 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:18 pm

25 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”