Beginner questions

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

IceMage88
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Beginner questions

Postby IceMage88 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:27 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:34 am

[] - [] - [] - []

IceMage88
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby IceMage88 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:46 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:57 am

[] - [] - [] - []

IceMage88
Fenrir

Postby IceMage88 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:11 am

Oh ok lol, I thought you were being serious. And yes, I agree that it is probably part of the charm of this forum.

My equipment is the best available, although I have not dabbled in forging yet since im still raising farmers to earn money and its... scarce :? not sure what that has to do with tp unless you mean forging it in.

Amritas are not unlocked yet, and im on floor 3.

I think my problem with my arbalist is that I put points into heavy shot before giant kill, so I focus on using it, quickly draining tp up, if they can survive the front line up there with my hoplite, ill switch those two up. My prince is progressing fine, and I have been pointing points into the healing spells. I only need one more point before I unlock monarch march. I didn't think arbalists were durable, as bow users seemed like back line people.

I quite like my zodiac, as she has been the main damage dealer, to each his own ^.^ . I do like your advice,and im sure your a better player then me, as well as the webmaster :p

Im interested in the advice other members will give too once they jump in. Thank you for your help Maxime =D

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:09 am

Hey this sounds like fun! Personally what I try to do in every EO game is make a team that balances itself out and I try to equip them more with defensive items then with weapons. Like I'll buy armor first and then go into the labyrinth, make some dough, and buy some weapons. Defense is always my first priority but that's just me. And I can get carried away with my team at times so yeah lol

My party is like this this:
Princess-Gladiator-Monk
Zodiac-Arbalist

When I first started out I found it easier to train till like level 3 or 4 and then head out to the second floor. Always remember that in EO games the enemies are always seemingly one step ahead of you so you'll have to be prepared to get into battle with enemies far stronger than the previous floor. Once you unlock the stairs to the next floor check the monsters out, not the FOEs cause they are big problems especially in the very beginning, and see if your team can take the hits and send them well. If not then return to the previous floor and level once or twice and get some new weapons and armor. Then go back and see if things are a bit easier.

Quests are always great. They give you good amounts of exp and sometimes you barely gotta do nothing at all. They aren't too much of a hassle and so are really rewarding at times.

But your team seems to be well built. The Prince can heal pretty well and can take hits and deliver them too. Relay on his healing skills to get you through some of those tough situations but if you don't like how things go then get a Monk. The Hoplite is great when it comes receiving hits and don't be afraid to have him or her use Line Guard at times; that skill can be a life saver at times. With the Zodiac try not to spend too much on her elemental attacks cause it would be best to have some stored TP just in case something bad happens (i.e. an accidental FOE battle or an event). With the Ninja try out her skill that creates a clone to receive attacks and if you like it stick with it. That skill and the one that allows the Ninjas to clone themselves really comes in handy. And because they don't have a lot of HP then it would be best to increase his or her evasion. And for the Arbalist Giant Kill is a helper especially with the bigger enemies you meet later on. That skill is a great help with FOEs too. And because of they're low levels of TP in the beginning don't count too much on their skills. There normal attacks alone can be pretty deadly, well given a good weapon helps a lot too.

Sorry for all that writing but I hope I helped out... even if just a little lol

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:12 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:23 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:47 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:48 pm

I swear, this is the most common thing I copy/paste from myself:

You also have a lower chance of being hit in the back-row but, as with all the EOs, default targeting goes:

#1: Front-row, highest HP
#2: Back-row, highest HP
#3-6: Everyone else equally.

To get really in-depth, with 5 people you have:

#1: 55%
#2: 21%
#3-5: 8%

If you have 6 people:

#1: 53%
#2: 19%
#3-6: 7%

And, maxed Provoke (used in the Front Row):

#1: 97%
#2: 2%
#3-5: Effectively 0%

Or used from the Back Row:

#1 - 8% (Front Row, Highest HP)
#2 - 91% (Provoke user AND Highest HP in the Back row)
#3-5: Effectively 0%

And, if you Provoke with someone who _doesn't_ have the most HP of their row:

#1: 8% (Front-Row, Highest HP)
#2: 2% (Back-Row, Highest HP)
#3: 89% (Provoke user)
#4-5: Effectively 0%

Note: All done in the order of: Front-row highest HP, Back-row highest HP, "others."
Note 2: "Highest HP" refers to "Highest Current HP"

tl;dr version is people with the most HP get hit first.

IceMage88
Fenrir

Postby IceMage88 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:08 am

Ah Ok, that helps put me on track a lot. I have a lot better of an idea now what im going to do. Thanks Scy, Emrin and once again Magicfox.

Should I introduce myself over at the introduction thread? It seems more of a mutiny discussion right now.

One thing I've noticed is this forum seems to be mostly composed of mods and a few regulars, and most posts are in the general discussion area. I guess newer members don't hang around very long here.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:47 am

^_^; Nah, most newbies come on here, ask their question, and then are gone. Every once in a while we get some that stick around.

Right now it's more slow than usual. Some of our members are absent at the moment. ^_^ We welcome new people and hope you'll stick around and chat. If not, that's fine. Hope to see you again if you have another question that needs answered.

And, yes, introduce yourself in the intro thread. ^_^; For the "mutiny" discussion umm... I ENCOURAGE off topic conversation with the condition that it has some ties to the original conversation AND things can be easily placed back on topic. Feel free to jump in. You do not get yelled at here for necromancy, double posting, going slightly off topic, anything so long as it's not trolling. Just have fun. We also have our Discussion Thread which is where you can just chat about anything you want.

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:48 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:18 am

O_O DON'T SHOW SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO A NEW MEMBER!! :oops: My god... and I just made a post in the discussion forum about having alcohol....

:P PAYBACK'S A BITCH, ZAMISK!!

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:20 am

Bring it~ If I can eat a double McGangbang I can take you on.

Man, I'm really scarring the fresh meat.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

25 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”