NPC Names *SPOILERS*

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

greycolors
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

NPC Names *SPOILERS*

Postby greycolors » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:52 am

For various reasons including curiosity and writing purposes, I have found myself needing the names of the NPCs of EO3. Since others might also be interested in this, it would also be better to compile all the known names rather than just the ones I am interested in. Full names would be greatly appreciated.

The ones i know so far:

* Normal Game:

- Shopkeeper: Edie Napier (needs confirmation)
- Bistro owner: Missy
- Mysterious girl: Olympia
- Shinobi: Agata
- Zodiac: Kanae (Hypatia in the NA version)
- Shogun: Kujara (Kujura in the NA version)
- Inkeeper Shota:
- Guildmaster:
- Harbormaster:
- Senatus Lady: Flowdia
[hide]
- Deep City Innkeeper: Ange
- Napier's Branch Shopkeeper:
- Abyssal King/Android: Seyfried
- Princess/Deep One Hybrid: Gutrane (Gutrune in the NA version)
- Deep One "Prince": Progenitor (?)[/hide]

* Pale Horse Guild:
- Bouz

* Post Game: [hide]
- Forest Folk Warrior:
- Ronin and Hexer:
- Paladin/Dragonslayer:
- Abyssal God: Cthulhu
[/hide]
Last edited by greycolors on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:04 pm

* Normal Game:
- Shinobi: Agata
- Zodiac: Kanae
- Shogun: Kujara (Kujura in the NA version)

- Inkeeper Shota:
- Guildmaster:
- Harbormaster:
- Senatus Lady:

* Pale Horse Guild:
- Bouz

[hide]
- Deep City Innkeeper:
- Napier's Branch Shopkeeper:

- Abyssal King/Android: Seyfried
- Princess/Deep One Hybrid: Gutrane
- Deep One "Prince": Progenitor (?)[/hide]

* Post Game: [hide]
- Forest Folk Warrior:
- Ronin and Hexer:
- Paladin/Dragonslayer:
- Abyssal God: Cthulhu
[/hide]

greycolors
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby greycolors » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:28 am

Thank you Zeta and sorry about forgetting the spoiler marking.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:47 am

You're welcome, and don't worry about the spoiler tag.

There was nothing warranting a spoiler tag until I posted, anyway.

greycolors
Fenrir

Postby greycolors » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:01 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:45 pm

Her name is [hide]Ange[/hide]. I think.

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:28 pm

Zodiac Kanae's name was changed to Hypatia in the English version and [hide]the princess's name is actually Gutrune[/hide].

[hide]The Deep City innkeeper supposedly looks like Angie/Angela Thompson or Tonegawa Anju/Ange from Trauma Center but it doesn't seem like her name was ever mentioned in the Japanese version (don't know about English). [/hide]

Sea Quest NPC
[spoiler]Ninja on a Quest:
-Kirikaze

Star Brothers:
-Castor
-Pollux

Royal Guards:
-Victoria
-Benjamin
-Albert

The Beast & I:
-Bergman

Two on the Edge:
-Giles
-Agatha

Rookies Three:
-Ace
-Visen
-Mau Mau

Retired, Not Tired:
-Drake

The Test of Adulthood:
-Rebecca
-Arcadio

Butterflies:
-Dezerte
-Toma

Crossjanke:
-Zaby
-Ivil
-Gavler

Seeking Her Lineage:
-Laura

Ayutthaya Fishermen:
-Tokashiki
-Ouha

Sagari Arrow:
-Mito
-Skaide
-Kirks

Passionate Historian:
-Bongaro

A Date With History:
-Dezerte
-Knuckle

Cygnal Sisters:
-Ruby
-Sapphire
-Amber

The Wanderer:
-Cortana

Doctor & Assistant:
-Cooper
-Metzen

Armoroad Guards:
-Ibahd
-Doster
-Suvaron

Mysterious Seer:
-Tourita

Butterflies:
-Toma
-Bergman

Best Friends:
-Aura
-Nerona

Old Wildling:
-Glaukos

Pale Horse:
-Schlag
-Norfolk
-Boolz

Hedge Knight:
-Squire

Butterflies:
-Toma
-Dezerte

Former Foes:
-Sumitomo
-Taquion
-Minamo

Princess's Honor Guard:
-Victoria
-Zaby
-Nerona[/spoiler]

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:10 am

I guess my brain ended up mixing and matching some of the names.

That's what I get for playing (and understanding) quite a bit of the Jap version, lol.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:56 pm

[spoiler]Deep city innkeeper does say her name is Ange.[/spoiler]

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Speaking of NPCs did anyone ever run into something about a flower when they first discovered the 5th stratum? I got back to town and I spoke to the little kid at Aman's Inn; only cause I like to hear what the NPCs say when I discover a new stratum, and he asked me if I wanted a flower. He went off to say that they bloomed all over Armoroad and that he loved to pick them. He also said that he had given everyone in town one. So I go talk to everyone in town and surely enough everyone talks about a flower that the little kid had given them. I found it really strange how that whole thing worked out like how everyone was connected through a single event that wasn't a quest or something of the sorts. Such like that had never happened to me in any other Etrian Odyssey game. Did this happen to anyone else?

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:56 pm

That happened to me, and I'm pretty sure it's just the usual townspeople dialogue you get when you reach a new floor. Only it has some player input this time.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Townsfolk having something different to say for every floor is new in EO3. Before, they'd only change for every stratum.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:15 pm

I understand the whole floor thing but it was just so strange to have everyone actually connected in some way. Because usually they talk about either the same things, but only in different ways, or about almost nothing. Like when you sometimes talk to the the guy at Inver Port he just usually tells you to take good care of your ship and stuff. [spoiler]But this time with the whole flower thing he goes on to talk about his deceased wife and stuff. It made him seem more than an NPC for as long as that conversation went on. Much more realistic you know.[/spoiler] My point is that there is so much that they enhanced and made better than the previous games that in a sense EO III could be taken as the most realistic game out of the whole series. Before it was like "Hi. How are you. That's good. Bye." and nothing more. Now it's like "Hey what's up, did you hear what happened in (___), things sure were hectic. It's a shame though, they were such good adventurers you know. But you be careful though, take that as a warning and don't go into the Labyrinth with your heads up high and your eyes closed, okay? (insert warm feeling here)" more emphasis and more player input, so to speak. Makes me feel like they actually care about me, that I'm important,and like I'm actually in the game.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

19 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”