Just killed my first F.O.E.! :)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Yoonah
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Yoonah » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

warcraff
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby warcraff » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Just cleaned up my first set of F.O.E. on the B2F. Feels so cool to have a working strategy to get some much needed EXP, for my ninja now. Really want him to be able to start OHKOing enemies.

I will use the Elements.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Just to preempt it, Izuna is a more reliable OHKO attack than Kubikiri will ever be; Rank 1 Izuna is better than maxed Kubikiri at the whole instant killing of things, though it does cost TP (only 1 TP if you keep it at Level 5 for a 33% Chance though).

warcraff
Ragelope

Postby warcraff » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:13 pm

I will use the Elements.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:49 pm

warcraff
Ragelope

Postby warcraff » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Ok. Now taking on and defeating the Raging Tyrants. Just wondering in regards to status affects to forge on weapons. Poison is the best bet on average to have on mine?Using an Eared Dagger with 3 forge slots on the ninja. Which I hope increases the chances of the status ailment working.

I will use the Elements.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:06 pm

All status ailments (barring Instant Death and Petrify forges) are 6% chance for the first slot and 3% for each slot after that. These only work with regular attacks so there's no interaction with skills.

Honestly, I've never really been a huge fan of them. They're probably at their best early game since you spend a lot more time regular attacking but I'd still take the 10% damage from an elemental forge over it (or 3% Damage from ATK forges for skills since Elemental forges don't work with skills).

If I HAD to choose a status effect, I'd pick a debilitating one like Paralysis, Sleep, Blind, etc. over Poison. I'd rather save damage than deal some miniscule Poison damage, honestly.

ID and Petrify are 4%/2%, for the record.

warcraff
Ragelope

Postby warcraff » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Crazy question. Is 'Pasaran' considered and F.O.E. ? I have run into him on B1F and he runs away. If he happens to give good item drops and EXP,could use some suggestions as what to do to keep him in the fight.

I will use the Elements.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:46 pm

The Gold FoEs, Pasarans, give a lot of EXP when you kill them (5000 total EXP for the 1st Stratum version) but no item drops (well, a later one gives an item drop).

They do run away pretty often, though, and they resist all damage types (including typeless/unresistable damage ... oddly) to 25%, if I recall. Leg Bind stops them from running and Head Bind stops them from suiciding for the 2nd Stratum on.

warcraff
Ragelope

Postby warcraff » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:52 pm

So 'Leg bind' on the 2nd or 3rd slot of a weapon is going to be a 3% chance as well? Found the forge item for it on the 4th floor I think.

Edit: just wondering what exactly Paralysis does? In the manual it just says cannot move which I associated with not being able to flee.
Last edited by warcraff on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I will use the Elements.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:57 pm

No, it's the first slot period for it will be 6% (4% for ID/Petrify) and every slot after that will be 3% (or 2%). It doesn't matter if your first Leg Bind slot will be the 1st slot on the 8th slot; as long as it is the first instance of that type of forge, it will be 6%.

You have a Ninja, though, so you might as well get Kagenui. Level 1 of that is a 33% chance to bind and the best weapon you can make for statuses is 27% (8 total slots; 1x 6% + 7x 3%). Off-hand, I want to say their resistances are 50% Head, 50% Arm, and 22%(!) Leg so you'll want a petty high Kagenui to land the bind (Level 8 is 1 TP with maxed Keburi no Sue and a 54% chance).

warcraff
Ragelope

Postby warcraff » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:49 pm

YES! Finally took down that cute fluffy bastard(Pasaran). Kagenui did the trick. Much obliged for the advice.

I will use the Elements.

warcraff
Ragelope

Postby warcraff » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Is there a resource that give tips on dealing with the F.O.E.s in the game? Right now in the 2nd Stratum and am curious about dealing with the triplet F.O.E.s the Sea Wanderer.

I will use the Elements.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:46 pm

If you time it, you can pick off just the last one. That gives you a about, maybe five, eight, something like that turns before the others try to come in. Since the Sea Wanderers have terrible defense, just keep yourself free of statuses and you can beat them to death in that time. Step out of the path, repeat with the next in line.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Just killed my first F.O.E.! :)

Postby zamisk » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:03 am

Try not to get cornered in case you need to escape. Keep your back away from the wall.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

62 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”