Fusillade/Blitz Command Team?

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:56 am

Oh, right, some people use attack techniques and damage reflectors. Haha, right~

Oh, and FOEs are a godsend for leveling up. Along with boss rushes and sea quests.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

FomeRubr555
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FomeRubr555 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:03 am

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:07 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:57 am

Why would you "save TP" on a boss fight?

As for leveling, the fastest way is doing the post-game boss circuit or Red Pasaran farming. The former is merely killing [hide]Drake, Dragon, Wyrm, Alraune, Kraken, and Anemone[/hide] and that's really not all that hard to do. The latter is finding a Blue Pasaran and using a Shogun/Buccaneer with one weapon with Fire forged on it and one weapon with Ice forged on it to keep a constant stream of Red and Blue Pasarans spawning.

Honestly, running through New Game+ is terrible for EXP. I think one run through of the post-game bosses is comparable, if not better, EXP.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:59 am

S-shut up! I like having everyone leave the battle in perfect condition, okay?!

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:04 am

What if I can't kill those bosses yet?

[spoiler]I tried one of the dragons, but uh...his fire attack killed everyone except my Hoplite (who had Indomitable up anyway so it doesn't count). I realize I need a Hoplite who actually has Antifire first. Are any of the others easier, or at least don't require an anti-element on the first turn to survive (the dragons would already be easy if I had at least one turn to set up Reflector...)? If so, where do I find them? If not, guess I'll do some more New Game+ runs.[/spoiler]

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Aegis Barrier on someone with a buccaneer subclass can work, too. Filling up a limit in 5 turns is entirely doable.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:08 pm

If you can't kill the Dragons, kill the other post-game bosses. [hide]Alraune[/hide] is made out of paper and can be burned down fast, [hide]Kraken[/hide] does nothing if Leg Bound, and [hide]Sea Anemone[/hide] only deals Bash damage so 2x Crush Amulets nulls everything he does.

As for the Dragons, [hide]you'll need an Anti every 5 turns (plus the first) so might as well get a Hoplite with the Antis as they're just better than Bot Reflectors. You can get by the first turn via Limits but, without Limit Boost, you're pushing it to get 100 Limit in 5 turns so that isn't reliable for every breath. Their physical damage can be negated through equipment and mists (they all deal Bash damage, Drake also deals Stab damage and Wyrm and Dragon both do Cut damage) so you can, essentially, never take damage from them with proper equipment.[/hide]

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Oh, right, I knew those charms were good for something. Well, that should be helpful.

Say, would a Ninja/Hoplite with Anti*, Sarutobi, and Keburi no Sue be worth it?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:19 pm

The thought being to use it for the dragon fights alone. The ninja uses Sarutobi on all normal turns, then casts the needed Anti* on the dragon's element turns. That's the idea, anyway.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 pm

It'll work, if that's your concern. You could also wear 2x Crush Amulets, 1x Slash/Pierce Amulet + 1x Cut/Stab Mist and take no physical damage and worry about the Antis every 5 turns.

Or just kill them before turn 5 rolls around and Limit your way through the first turn.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:20 am

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:07 am

Well, I tried to Limit my way through turn 1 and then set up Reflector by turn 5. Worked great...until turn 5. Turns out the dragon goes before Reflector even though Reflector normally acts first on every other enemy in the game. Go figure. I'm sure there's some reason for it, but it doesn't really matter. What's important is that I have no real choice except to Anti (cold in this case).

So...how does one kill a dragon in under 5 turns?

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Stupidly overblown firepower, is my guess. Zodiac with their weak element, Etheric Mastery, maybe Etheric Charge, and Singularity could probably do some mean damage, coupled with the appropriate limit for extra bang.

Also, Knighthood is a valid answer to any and all situations where "that should have gone first!" 4 TP off your prince when mastered, saves your butt god knows how many times.

41 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”