About Farmers.

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Randomnicity
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: About Farmers.

Postby Randomnicity » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:36 am

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:14 pm

So this boils down to "They only get money every once in a while when I need it." and "Well, I got nothing better to do, come here farmer."

At least I'm trying to make the latter more appealing rather than thinking how everything else is better than it. I try to make the illusion that something is useful regardless of how every other thing has more uses to it. Their only advantage is their LUK which gives them more crits every once and a while and boost their evasion, but that's useless. Making their best use on the battlefield is to be a fucking meat shield that last 2 seconds. This leaves two things: Farmer Centered Events [Rarities that don't matter, and only a few quest that you can get slaves to do.], and Forging their weapons with useful ailments, binds, or Limit, even though every other class can do that better.

So, that just ruled Farmer as the most useless battle class of all time [which we knew already], so now what?

They are still a nice asset for when fighting is not involved [aka when your wallet needs filling, or you need more mist/amritas/whatever], and that's pretty much it, and god be damned if they aren't good at that. The last use of them to pre-emptivley mark the F.O.E.S on the floor before you explore it. (Just like horoscope [of which the Zodiac is already more adept at since its a prerequisite])!

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Of course, the most important argument for Farmers (or any other class you like) is that they're cute and can have interesting conversations with your other team members.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Now I feel bad because this dampered my mood. I really like the farmer class, and I find them really useful in my main team, but my play style must be more conservative than rand. I mostly just detest using batteries, and only use tp when its called for, so the 200tp party heal is amazing and always useful, even if only my zodiac gets the full 200. Not having to remember to buy threads is a much needed convienence due to my STML.

In the end, you pick (or don't pick) the farmer because of your opinion and play style.

Randomnicity
Ragelope

Postby Randomnicity » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:44 pm

And if a player out there didn't like using A's, G's, B's, S's, N's, Z's, or even Y's, the best damage dealer for them would be the M or H. That doesn't change how that's just blatantly false. Not everyone shares your playstyle or preferences, what everyone does have is the same game running on the same mechanics.

And mechanics wise the Farmer is an inefficient addition to the main party. Either as a main or sub class.

I liked having an all-Farmer main party, or for that matter other types of nonconventional builds, but no way am I ever going to recommend any of those unless someone specifically asks for it. I'm certainly not going to run around saying "A H/Z that uses E.Charge Blitzritter fits in beatifully!"

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:54 am

I like having a farmer on my main team just for the sake of having a farmer on my main team.
Also, there's alot of dungeon events requiring a farmer to activate which adds, IMO, much more character into the game <33

I always loved those events

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

36 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”