About Farmers.

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Warnoise
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

About Farmers.

Postby Warnoise » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:45 am

Greetings, i am new to EO 3, so although i managed to understand the basics, i still have some issues which i'd need some help for them.

First, since i just began this game, my guild is only lvl 6 and is composed of:

Front row: Gladiator, Hoptile, Monk

Back row: Wildling (should i equip it swords?) and Princess ( swords too? )

But here is the main question:

After i've checked some topics in this forums, i found this tactic which is creating 5 farmers to get fast money.

I did create 5 Farmers and actually upped them to lvl 4, so here are my questions:

-How should i equip them?
-What skills should i maximize ( first 10 lvls)
-How can i earn a decent amount of money early game with them?

Thank you in advance for your support.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Warnoise
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Warnoise » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:59 pm

I really thank for your clear answer Scy, and as for the monk in my team, i found him useful against those poison tailed monsters, because poison hurts too much. And refresh skill seems to remove poison effect.

I will do as you say and i will report my results.

PS: is Chop useful for farmers?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:44 pm

Forgot to add, those initial 5 Harvesting Farmers can be deleted once the 5 Combat Study ones are "ready for work" as it were. They're just temps, really, while you wait for the Combat Study ones to get some levels in them so they can do the gathering for you.

As for Chop/Mine/Take, they're not that useful as Harvesting gives you points in all 3 and there's ways to refresh the amount that don't take as many skill points as maxing Chop/Mine/Take.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:49 pm

At an early point, my farmers had better armour than most other characters. I didn't have much TP for Safe Strolls.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:54 pm

It's not that big of a deal. The 1st Stratum is pretty easy for Farmers to handle killing random encounters with relatively normal equipment. Hell, the 1st Stratum also has the most predictable rare drops out of the gathering nodes (2 Rare Gathers before an Ambush can even happen is a fairly common 1st Stratum count, if I recall) and some of the easier to reach positions.

By the 2nd Stratum, you should be able to afford a few Safe Strolls; a level 15-ish Farmer has ~50 TP which should get you enough steps to get anywhere you need to go.

Warnoise
Ragelope

Postby Warnoise » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Btw i killed my first FOE today!

Damn that was a helluva of a fight.

That aside, it seems that the strategy of 10 farmers really gave its fruits!
My "bench" farmers are now lvl 4 while the "active" ones are lvl 6 and working amazingly in B1F.

Still, is there anyway to rest without going to town?

I mean, it seems that there are limited number of gathering attempts ( 5 i think per run), so is there a way to increase the number or another way to rest without ( without going to town)

Thanks in advance.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:20 pm

The amount of gathers is reset when you go past 12 AM (i.e., a new set of gathers every day). The amount of times you can gather is based off your skill levels. Every point of Harvesting gives you 1 point in each gathering type so 5 Farmers each with 5 Harvesting should get you 25 gathers; one point in Chop/Mine/Take gives you 1 gather in those as well but, again, you really don't need those skills.

There are skills you'll eventually get to help you reset them. You can use Horseplay to pass the time which is a cheap way to get an extra set of gathers for one run (i.e., go at night, get to the node, gather, Horseplay to the next day, gather, leave). The problem with that, though, is you need to sleep an entire day to reset your gathers for the next set since sleeping until night won't do anything since you used up the gathers for that day.

There's also the Double Crop skill which lets you restore your gathering count. It's pretty TP heavy though (10 TP for 1 point at level 1, 55 TP for 10 points at level 10).

Warnoise
Ragelope

Postby Warnoise » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:58 pm

Ah i see...

I guess horseplay is better for me because i only use them when in need of money.

umm...i have another question but it isn't about farmers, i thought it's better to aski it here than waste a topic for it. Here is it:

Wildling summons are viable late game or not?, which summon should i focus on?

Because until now i have only snake and insect, which both are quite weak ( i use them as cannon fodder actually).
The insect poison is good but it never worked against FOE ( well maybe Lizard is resistant since it can poison too), anyway that's all for now.

Thanks for your precious tips Scy.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:24 pm

You'll probably rely on Horseplay early on and Double Crap when you have more TP. Horseplay is cheap and convenient but if you want to do 2, 3, 4, etc. runs in a row, it causes some problems that require either double sleeping or just not using horseplay the next time.

As for Wildling summons, they're not super great for damage in general and, on top of that, not a single one of them does full damage from the back-row so your current group set-up doesn't even really let you utilize any of them for damage. I'd honestly replace them now with an Arbalist or Zodiac, really.

Still, the status effects aren't terrible (same for the binds) but their reliability leaves a bit to be desired. On things that don't resist them, they'll be flawless (over 100% activation rate due to their really good 2*LUC + TEC score which controls status effect/bind accuracy). On FoE/Bosses, though, you're looking at 15%* to 50% chance of landing either. And, on top of that, enemies gain a 30% resistance every time you land a status effect/bind (i.e., a 30% chance to land becomes a 0% chance to land).

*15% due to their skill that gives them +15% chance to land after resistance calculations. If the target is immune (0% chance to land), this doesn't come into play.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:31 pm

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Warnoise
Ragelope

Postby Warnoise » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Mostlyjoe
Ragelope

Postby Mostlyjoe » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:57 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:25 pm

To Market is only really useful if you're forgetful. Lullaby is decent and Rotton Egg is alright but landing status effects reliably isn't that easy for later fights.

As for a Combat Farmer ... ... ... don't? If you absolutely must, only really Gladiator works since they'll need Charge and Berserker's Vow to get some real damage out of themselves since they'll always lack a passive damage boost. Honestly, subbing them with Wildling just for Primal Drums would probably be better.

Mostlyjoe
Ragelope

Postby Mostlyjoe » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:27 pm

He's my front row actually, for now. I'm going to switch him up to debuff duty once I'm done. The idea of a Farmer Team bench learning sounds good. I might respec my farmer into another class then.

36 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”