About Farmers.

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:23 am

Starsoulklr
Ragelope

Re: About Farmers.

Postby Starsoulklr » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:20 am

A Farmer can be very useful for any group as support. It's best to not try to make them a powerhouse as other classes will be able to outdo them easily.

First I would invest a point in Keen Eye to open To Market. They will have enough TP to escape once which is when you would use the Inn at the beginning anyways. This way you can put your cash into items other then the escape ones. Your last point should be into either their unique skill Earth's Bounty for more experience or Harvestry for resorces. I would say EB for faster leveling as you won't have too many resourses at hand.

Once your Harvestry has reached 3 start investing in Keen Nose for better items when you harvest. Then perhaps you should also get some Camp Mastery not only for better Tent usage for long trips but for Waste Not. Believe me when you have enough points in you get enough items from harvesting and battles you don't really ever need Double Crop. I remember heading back because I ended up with a stuffed bag of items.

Now for battles once you find your Farmer has enough in their foraging abilities the two you should work on are Lullaby and mainly Rotten Egg. Rotten Egg will easily be their main boss choice as no boss enemy is ever immune to having their attack decreased. Lullaby can be very useful but could backfire. Strange Seeds are a gamble but can pay off for the right ones.

For their Sub class remember they should be investing on battle support moves as the offensive ones will be better in the hands of those classtree it comes from. I made mine have the Prince/cess with Prevent Order as sometimes having two people casting that can be a lifesaver. With their luck a status attack on one weapon should be considered. A character with Farmer as their main will be putting many points in their own class so don't choose a sub you would have to invest many points in.

Now for their weapon it's best to go for one with high luck or status infliction with their natural luck. You won't find a farmer weak when you can get them an instant death weapon working.

Sorry for a long post but I find a farmer can be an effective unit in a normal group without being a weight if built right. Utility is their greatest strenght.

Randomnicity
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Randomnicity » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:53 am

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:22 am

Srsly guise

Guise srsly

Guise

Srsly

They farm. :3
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Starsoulklr
Ragelope

Postby Starsoulklr » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:30 am

Hmm, I never considered that option: simply farming... I don't know if I can leave it that simple... :3

I honestly didn't think my post would have been so dissected though... Geez. The beauty of this game is that you can play it however you want even if it's not the wisest idea ever.

But yeah I'm about to get a Farmer ready for his final retirement which he will still be a Farmer: I just love using him. The best gopher ever making enemies drop items more often when my Hammer's not ready.

That and his sheep army of hypnosis! Gives my Arbalist and Zodiac turns to charge and destroy whatever is in my way.

Randomnicity
Ragelope

Postby Randomnicity » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:15 am

Waste Not only improves drop rates by 5%

If a player is actually waiting for a drop with low percentages and they have access to Lucky Hammer, their chances are actually worse off if they outright kill the enemy and hope the extra 5% is what makes an item drop compared to just spamming Defend until the Limit Bar is fully charged.

And I forgot to add, another useful Farmer combination is the F/H, most H subclasses usually go to waste anyway with the Antis, Line Guard and Body Guard being incredibly useful and take up most if not all of an H's turns, although a few more levels in Body Guard might be warranted to reduce damage, especially from a Line or Party wide attack. Same build idea as the F/P, Earth's Bounty + all essential H skills.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:34 am

Farmer team hard mode? :3

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Randomnicity
Ragelope

Postby Randomnicity » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:52 am

A Warrior Might team with a F/H and F/P instead of the regular H and M/P performs almost as well as a regular Warrior Might team. So no.

And while a 5 Farmer team does pose some more difficulty, this is only significant during the first two Stratums. By the time subclassing rolls around, 5 Farmers can just as easily sub into a F/H F/G F/G F/P F/Z or M (personally went with Z) setup and steamroll over the game.

Dark Ether and 2 Charged Blade Raves with Line Guard spam, plus a constant supply of Amritas to fuel the F/Z makes things too easy. And the giant XP boost from 5x Earth's Bounty gives a surplus of skill points.

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:28 pm

And not abusing the WM?
When you're alone, always remember:

Randomnicity
Ragelope

Postby Randomnicity » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:29 pm

Second group doesn't use WM, it doesn't even have a Shogun

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:07 am

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:33 am

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:45 am

And don't forget To Market. Built-in warp wire go!
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Randomnicity
Ragelope

Postby Randomnicity » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:09 am

36 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”