A request to Scy :D (spoilers)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sk8erpunq » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:22 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sk8erpunq » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm sure I've seen Yargush for a limited time required 2x Trembling Fin. No idea what could have caused that, too.

Aside from that, I've beaten and got all drops from all monsters but Abyssal God. I tried killing him like 5 times and always have problem when he changes into attack form. I quickly defeat his first phase (all tentacles killed, after buffing I kill it in 2nd turn. Then when he's in defence mode, I guard, and buff on the turn he uses Abyssal Offering. And at this point at least one of my character dies, unless I use Uroboros Guard. And on the next turn I use warrior might and Abyssal God continues to kill my party -,-. Any ways of stopping that?
My party is in early 80s, they wear usual weapons and armor. I prefer not to do anything that passes time in-game, because I killed all tentacles and really don't want to kill them again ;/.
Thanks for help!

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope

Postby Sk8erpunq » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:15 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Bodyguard should deal with Chaos Tentacle.

As for Dragonsbane element, Fire probably since Alraune immunes Ice and Volt and that's really the only extra weakness you can tack on (not that you need it to kill Alraune faster). I went Ice, if I recall, because I like Ice.

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope

Postby Sk8erpunq » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:50 pm

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope

Postby Sk8erpunq » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:52 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope

Postby Sk8erpunq » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope

Re: A request to Scy :D (spoilers)

Postby Sk8erpunq » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:17 am

Well, mission completed. I know i hadn't written for about a week, but i finally killed this Abyssal god. I had to play with RNG so that I get about 10 successful warrior might chases. Also I noticed i do more damage if I (de)buff while the God is in his Attack form -,-. That way I did about 6200 dmg per chase. The only problem was to actually take him down in one turn, because on the following turn he'd transform to defensive form (only gladiator went before him). That means only thing i have left is complete Sea lists, though I think it would be just too irrelevant to post here. That said, I think it's my last post in this thread, thus I would like to thank you for all your support and coping with me. I'm sure if it wasn't for you, I would just give up and move on to other games.
Seriously, Scy - you are a godsend. If there's anything i can do to repay you, just let me know. :)

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:20 am

There's a Sea Quest guide on GameFAQs if you need it. There's really only one really bad fight (Elder Dragon) and it's pretty easy once you know the "secret" to it ().

And don't mention it, really. I post to help people if they need it. That's about it, really.

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope

Postby Sk8erpunq » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:10 am

Actually i defeated Elder Dragon in two missions, the fishes are what I'm missing (South Urchin, Overlord Squid and Emperor Crab). Thankfully on GameFAQs there is a "hidden" Sea Exploration Guide (V2) (it's not stickied).

Xtatica
Ragelope

Postby Xtatica » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:03 am

This looks really interesting. I may just copy this. :o

30 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”