A request to Scy :D (spoilers)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A request to Scy :D (spoilers)

Postby Sk8erpunq » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:40 pm

First of all, I played the previous games (got town crown and hero mark). I've finished both Armoroad and Deep City storylines using G/B, H/N, M/P | B/G, A/G team (didn't bother postgame until now, decided to unlock all classes first). Now, before i start final, True storyline i wanted to try warrior might party and collect the best weapons/equipment, so that I'll once feel like FOE myself :D. The only problem is, although i know that the WM party consists of G/S, H/W, S/B, S/B, M/P, i have no idea about the builds and can't seem to find them.
Could you please post these five builds? I noticed you've appeared on 21st June and thought: "Hell, I'll ask god Scy!"
My party is in late 60, so soon they'll hit the cap and retire into WM party.
Thanks in advance!

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Edit: Rushed a bit so if I skipped a pre-requisite somewhere, I'll try to edit it in later. Just kind of "whee, type type type" the entire thing so I may have missed something oh well.

Edit2: General fixes.
Edit3: Those missing subclass points bothered me.

Haha, alright.

Hoplite/X: The subclass is up in the air, honestly. /W gets you Primal Drums which is basically the offensive sub route here. /N gets you Bunshin for the rare times you want a double Hoplite (which, honestly, isn't that common in the post-game) and access to Kagenui for Kraken (which you can ignore with enough offense anyway). Though, yeah, you can cover the binds still with /W so it's mostly Bunshin out of /Ninja but I feel like mentioning Kagenui.

Basic Hoplite build:

Guardian - 10/10, eventually.
Shields - 5/10, don't bother with more.
Bodyguard - 1/10, you can max it if you want.
Line Guard - 10/10, derp.
Antiice/fire/volt - 10/10, derp.

And ... that's really it out of the main class. Sub-wise:

/Wildling:

Primal Drums - 5/5, the reason you get this sub~
Appropriate binds - 10/10, if you want them. Wild Mastery should be maxed if you plan to use these as well.

/Ninja:

Bunshin - 1/1, plus the pre-req of 3/5 Kagerou.
Kagenui - 10/10, really it's just for the one-fight so you can probably get away with lower as Kraken's Leg Resist is pretty bad (120%, at that, so you have a 1.2 multiplier on your chance to land).

__

Gladiator/Shogun: The big part of the group. But, at the same time, not much to say.

Basic Gladiator build:

Endless Battle - 10/10, passive damage boost is basically what makes Gladiator so great.
Berserker's Vow - 10/10, is also what makes Gladiator so great. Bodyguard becomes a must, though.

And ... that's really it from the Gladiator part. And from your sub:

/Shogun:

Endure - 5/5, it's a pre-req (though only up to 3) and it's great to have maxed anyway so might as well get it up there.
Warrior's Might - 10/10, derp. Also, some pre-reqs I don't care about as I don't find Bloody Lance useful at all.

That's ... basically it. TP Up helps you go a bit longer so might as well get that. You basically just Berserker's Vow and then Warrior's Might until you need to re-do Berserker's Vow (which should almost never happen, honestly).

__

Shogun/Buccaneer x 2 - This is what drives your Warrior's Might user. They're both built the same way so they're basically clones of each other. Well, almost clones.

Basic Shogun build:
Second Sword - 10/10, maxing it really isn't truly necessary but since they're only regular attacking, might as well make their damage do more.
Endure - 5/5, unnecessary as well but it's extra survivability that you might as well get.
Fore Honor - 10/10, I'd only max this on one of the two as you don't need two people capable of using this buff since it's only cast on the first turn when the Gladiator needs to use Berserker's Vow.

And that's basically it there. Katana Mastery can be maxed if you want it for the extra damage but you probably won't be using Katanas... As for your sub:

/Buccaneer:

Swashbuckling - 10/10, this is your priority after one point of Dual Wield. This with two weapons equipped is what fuels the Warrior Might train, as it were. Get it fast and early. Might as well max Rapiers on the front-row Shogun and Guns on the back-row Shogun (or Guns on both if they're both in the back-row).
Limit Boost - 5/5, lets you use Limits more often. If you can, get both the S/B's on different Limits (I use Urorobos Guard and Lucky Hammer personally; the former is from Floor 23[A2] and the latter is from the Leviathan Sea Quest).
Lady Luck - 10/10, might as well since, again, you're just regular attacking. It's less of a priority than Limit Boost but gives you somewhere to use your points after you get it.
Eagle Eye - 5/5, as with Fore Honor, you only need to max it on one of them though both get it up to 3/5 anyway due to it being a pre-requisite.

__

Monk/Princess - Utility/Healer. Little ... else to say.

Basic Monk build:
Form Qi - 10/10, this is basically why you go Monk/Prince(ss). Well, that and the better TEC.
Party Heal - 1/10, 1 point is about all you'll need in this and no reason to put any more in the pre-reqs. You can raise it later if you want.
Unbind/Refresh - 0, 1, 4, or 7 points depending on if you want them to single-target, line-target or all-target, or just skip it altogether.

And from your sub-class:

/Prince(ss):

Royal Veil - 5/10, you can max it if you want but it's unnecessary, though 46/turn isn't bad in conjunction with Protect Order.
Triumphant Cry - 5/10, honestly, you'd never touch this if it wasn't a pre-req.
Monarch's March - Uptoyou/10, I personally max it eventually since ... why not. 3-5 points is good enough for late game and lets you focus on more important stuff.
Attack Order - 10/10, buffs.
Guard Order, Rally Order - 5/10, pre-reqs. Don't bother raising them more, honestly.
Protect Order - 10/10, your bread-and-butter Healing spell. Party Heal is for emergency situations where Protect Order won't tick or isn't up.
Ad Nihilo - 1/10, for those situations where it's useful.
Prevent Order - 1/5, for those situations where it's useful.

__

So, basically here's the full group and I'll assume H/W:

Hoplite/Wildling:
Guardian - 10/10
Shields - 5/10
Line Guard - 10/10
Bodyguard - 1/10
Antifire, Antiice, Antivolt - 10/10

Primal Drums - 5/5
Wild Mastery - 10/10
Call Mole - 10/10

Total Points - 81 (Level 66 + Level 70 Retire).

Gladiator/Shogun:
Endless Battle - 10/10
Berserker's Vow - 10/10

Endure - 5/5
Bloodied Lance - 3/10
Unified Spirit - 3/10
Warrior's Might - 10/10

TP Up - 10/10

Total Points - 51 (Level 36 + Level 70 Retire)

Shogun/Buccaneer #1:
Second Sword - 10/10
Endure - 5/5
Morale Boost - 3/10
Fore Honor - 10/10

Rapiers - 10/10
Guns - 8/10
Swashbuckling - 10/10
Eagle Eye - 3/5
Lady Luck - 10/10
Limit Boost - 5/5

Total Points - 74 (Level 59 + Level 70 Retire)

Shogun/Buccaneer #2:
Second Sword - 10/10
Endure - 5/5

Rapiers - 8/10
Guns - 10/10
Swashbuckling - 10/10
Eagle Eye - 5/5
Lady Luck - 10/10
Limit Boost - 5/5

Total Points: 63 (Level 48 + Level 70 Retire)

Monk/Prince(ss):
Form Qi - 10/10
Healing - 5/10
Line Heal - 3/10
Party Heal 1/10

Royal Veil - 5/10
Triumphant Cry - 5/10
Monarch's March - 10/10
Attack Order - 5/10
Guard Order - 5/10
Rally Order - 5/10
Protect Order - 10/10
Prevent Order - 1/5
Ad Nihilo - 1/10

Total Points: 66 (Level 51 + Level 70 Retire)

Basic fights go (Versus Dragons):

1st Turn:
Hoplite - Anti
Gladiator - Berserker's Vow
Shogun #1 - Fore Honor @Gladiator
Shogun #2 - Eagle Eye
Monk - Attack Order @Front Row

2nd Turn:
Hoplite - Primal Drum
Gladiator - Warrior's Might
Shogun #1 - Attack, Limit: Lucky Hammer
Shogun #2 - Attack, Limit: Uroboros Guard
Monk - Attack / Protect Order @Front

3rd Turn:
Hoplite - Bodyguard @Gladiator
Gladiator - Warrior's Might
Shogun #1 - Attack
Shogun #2 - Attack
Monk - Whatever

And so-on. Some changes as necessary for Hoplite and Monk based on the fight though the basic post-game encounters revolve around this. Hoplite will Anti when needed (Dragons are on a 1, 5, 10, 15, etc. rotation), Primal Drum when you use Uroboros Guard since you're invulnerable, and Bodyguard otherwise; Monk buffs Attack Order, attacks when they can for the extra Warrior's Might swing or Protect Orders.

One thing to note, Elder Dragon (Sea Quest) may want you to get Call Bird on your Hoplite/Wildling or Hanging on Shogun/Buccaneer #1 so you can reliably Head Bind it at all times. Arm Bind isn't really super important ever.
Last edited by scy on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sk8erpunq » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Yay, thank you so much, Scy!
I actually can't believe you typed so much information just for me (T.T)
I was so afraid I'd screw up the builds, I didn't even had any idea (besides warrior might of course :D). Now I'm once again able to complete the game in 100%. (And, sadly, then I'm done with Etrian trilogy ;( )
Additional thanks for Dragon strategy ;)
Also, i assume H/W gets spears, G/S Swords, S/B two guns(back) or rapiers(front) (self-taught swordplay is swashbuckling, right?), and M/P attacks with club (maybe daggers for faster acting)
(Correct me if i'm wrong)

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:18 pm

...haha, yeah it is Swashbuckling, not Self-Taught Swordplay. Thought that looked odd as I was typing. Don't know why I reverted to the JP name of the skill there.

H/W I typically just slap a Dagger on regardless since it's purely Speed, not damage; ditto that for the M/P. G/S gets the Dragonsbane [Sword] from farming the Dragons and eventually the Ameno Habakiri [Katana] after Abyssal God (though, at that point you're just at overkill). Prior to the Dragonsbane, I just used the Narmer Mace (Yagrush) and had three of them with the Ice x2 / Fire x2 / Volt x2 forges to help speed up the Dragon kills. Not that it was necessary.

As for the two S/Bs, you can stick whatever you want on them honestly. Sunblade [Rapier] is the best damage option on the front row one and I'd argue Deathbringer [Gun] is the better Gun over the Yatagarasu due to being able to slot 2x Elemental forges in it. Plus, Deathbringer grants 2x Limit forges which can help shave off one turn on average for your Limit bar filling. Likewise, the Nenekirimaru [Katana] for the front-row works as well, though Deathbringer is better damage so might as well use those there anyway if you want the Limit forges.

Also, I got my two S/B Limits backwards as the higher wATK (front-row Sunblade wielder) has Lucky Hammer and the back-row (Deathbringer wielder for +Limit) is Uroboros Guard; that way Lucky Hammer deals slightly more damage and Uroboros Guard recharges faster.

Edit: That's the other thing to note, for the Gladiator/Shogun, Elemental Forges are your best bet. Each one of them is +10% Elemental damage but they only work on regular attacks and swings generated by Warrior's Might, other Chasers, Counter, etc. type skills. This is basically why Warrior's Might can get utterly ridiculous.

Likewise, Elemental limits are preferred on the Shogun/Buccaneer blank slots since it helps their damage and they use regular attacks anyway. Not a big deal for them, though, since they're not the bulk of your damage. You can't forge Limit forges or else I'd say just use those for them.

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope

Postby Sk8erpunq » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Once again thank you very much, that's A LOT of useful data and finally I have clear image of what my party is going to be like. All my doubts are now gone and I can finally show these monsters what does it mean to mess with guild Avalon! I will be OPE to them. ALL OF THEM. (OPE - Overkill Party of Erasure) ]:->
For i am the morning sun, came to vanquish this horrible night (pant) (pant)
Ummm... I got carried away a little...
Anyway, thank for all your help, it's been invaluable. And also thank you for your cookie cutter party for EOII ;) I'll always blindly follow your advice

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Feel free to ask if you need anything else~

As an aside, here's the full damage formula on how the forges work since saying "10% increase!" is ever-so-slightly misleading. Spoilered for math is scary.

tl;dr: Base Damage + 10%_per_forge * Base Damage is essentially how you calculate it out.

Edit: Fixed the spoiler tag.
Last edited by scy on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope

Postby Sk8erpunq » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:46 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:15 pm

A combination of ROM hacking and playtesting for the majority of it. More of a playtester/brute force calculations way but checking the game files is kind of faster :/

As for the forges, yeah, you'll never deal less damage with an Elemental forge. Even if they flat out immune it (Resistance of 0%), you'll still deal Random(1..5) damage extra.

...as minor as that may be.

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope

Postby Sk8erpunq » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Oh yeah. I wondered if in this game is level-difference-damage-multiplier? I know there was in EO2.
And also, when forging elemental clubs just for dragons (assuming the goal is to get conditional drop) wouldn't it be better to feel one slot with matching element and second slot with ATK (STR, or status/bind) since second element wouldn't add anything due to high resistance? If so, are there any status dragon's most likely to be affected with (i know that with each status cast resistance to this status rises) and most benefiting?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope

Postby Sk8erpunq » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:02 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope

Postby Sk8erpunq » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:07 pm

I tried 2Crush+Slice amulets + slice mist trick on Wyrm but since is uses 3 slots Hoplite is left without a shield, which makes them unable to antifire ;/. If i equip a shield and don't equip slice amulet (and use 2 slice mists instead) then slice amulet is unnecessary. Besides when fully set my gladiator does ~600-700dmg per one chase, so i decided to put it off until 70. By the way, assuming i beat dragon at 70, will the level cap increase BEFORE i get the EXP? I know its not much but still :D
And i also use Yagrush (only have ice atm)

Just out of curiosity, when is level used in formulas?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Last edited by scy on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sk8erpunq
Ragelope

Postby Sk8erpunq » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Last edited by Sk8erpunq on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

30 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”