True Ending boss

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
TeslaNewton
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

True Ending boss

Postby TeslaNewton » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:50 am

I need some help. I made a mistake and went for the True Ending boss first. Progenitor is kicking my ass. My group are all roughly level 55. I have an M/P, P/F, N/Z, Z/B, and A/Z. I know my party is not optimal. Could I please have some advice on how to beat this boss? I do have one of each of the other characters combat studying on the bench and am not opposed to switching out characters. The extra characters are only level 34, except for the hoplite who is level 40 and has the antis. Thanks for your help.
Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:54 am

Hit level 60, and you should be able to mop the floor with that guy. Which subclass did you get?

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:04 am

Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:05 am

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:22 am

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:25 am

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:45 am

Oh. :) I got shogun. So it sounds like I just need to keep wailing on him and try to stay healed. Actually, it sounds like patience is the key. :P

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:06 am

Some small things:

Regroup Tactic (and Prevent Order) should help with the status effects; if you're not aware, Unbind 7/10 gives it all-target and that'll help keep the binds away. Protect Order should be up on both rows along with Guard Order, which shouldn't be too bad considering you have an M/P and a P in the group.

If your Z/B doesn't have Eagle Eye, you really should get it. That debuff will help your damage quite a bit, especially if this gets dragged out to be a battle of attrition (that you should theoretically win if you keep up Dark Ethers). Meteor and Cloudbuster/Armor Piercer may not get you to the end super fast but you should be able to keep your buffs and healing up infinitely.

If need be, you can try to utilize one of the Aegis Limits (ideally, Shield since it blocks everything so no guessing) to give you some breathing room early on when you're setting up Protect Order, Bunshin, etc. Limit Boost on the Z/B should let you keep it up pretty often too.

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:49 am

Thank you so much for your help. I did it with 3 dead characters. Only the Z/B and P/F were left alive.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:22 am

Glad to see that the Whippet guild is still going strong! :D

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”