Class Build Suggestions

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Ijiri
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Class Build Suggestions

Postby Ijiri » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:32 am

Greetings, I just recently received my shiny new copy of Eo3 and I was wondering if anyone had a link to a forum post or website that shows the best builds for various classes. I know there are a few threads with new player questions, questions on subclasses, etc, but I was wondering if there was a wiki/website with skill builds for all the classes. I have found some terrific information in the forums already, but no one single source that would cover complete build trees for all the members in my party.

Thanks!

Liferake
Hunter

Re: Class Build Suggestions

Postby Liferake » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:05 am

Hm, There's no real way to go about this without doing a lot of digging, but everything should be around here somewhere.

As for "Builds", most classes pretty much spell out what they can and can't do, and then sub-classes will later allow you more strategy.

I'll dig for you [at least until I get bored of trying to find things].

Here's first 2 skills you're gaurenteed to want for a farmer:
Keen eye -> To Market

To market is basically instant town teleport, and anyone who uses a farmer usually uses that skill.

I'm going to start digging.

EDIT:

Alright, I'm back from digging.

I couldn't find one source where EVERYTHING was, but there are several post relating to singular classes or 5 different classes at a time. What I'd recommend is reading (Or skimming to find answers to questions you want to know the answers to) through the questions thread, and visit threads that ask for party or subclass help, those are the post you're going to find most useful.

Ijiri
Ragelope

Postby Ijiri » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:20 am

Well, my main party is:
Hoplite/Monk/Buccaneer
Arbalist/Ninja

I have some scattered build advice, mostly from Scy throughout these forums, but I was hoping for one concrete place to get full talent builds. I know Arbalist would be better in front row, but I don't really have a spot up there for him. My Hop will sub ninja, Monk sub Prince, Buccaneer will probably be replace with a Shogun/Buc. I'm not sure on a sub for my Arbalist, Gladiator maybe? And Ninja will go Zodiac. But I'm not 100% on what the best skills/skill paths to get for Buc, Arb, and Ninja are. I just thought it would be really useful to have a build wiki/website somewhere, so people can get all that information in one place. If there isn't one, I might be inclined to start it.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:26 am

Ijiri
Ragelope

Postby Ijiri » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:45 am

Sorry Scy didn't mean for you to repeat yourself (yet again) here. I've read all those threads you have posted, and greatly appreciate all the help you provide in these forums. All the advice you have given is the basic for my current builds. I was just hoping there was a one-stop-shop for people to get full builds (many of the ones linked to just get people started with first 10-15 points), at least for the most-used classes.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:54 am

There's probably one somewhere. There's one on my Warrior's Might group but there's not much about other groups because ... the general build is good enough, y'know? Like, Arbalist/Gladiator is Front Mortar, Giant Kill, Charge, Berserker's Vow. Everything else is superfluous. Monk/Prince(ss) is Monarch's March to ~5, max Attack Order, Protect Order, max Form Qi, and 1 Party Heal. It's fairly bare bones after like 40 points or so typically.

Ijiri
Ragelope

Postby Ijiri » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:58 am

Gotcha! And thanks again Scy. It's pretty cool to have someone as knowledgeable as you hanging around the forums. I'll post again if I have questions later on, but I have plenty for now. I'll take your advice and try not to plan too far ahead that it distracts from the game play!

7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”