New Game+ Possible Bug Question - Minor Spoilers

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Atroth
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New Game+ Possible Bug Question - Minor Spoilers

Postby Atroth » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:34 pm

I've heard from a friend that apparently there's a bug where, if you start a new game+ at the wrong time, after starting the dragons sub-plot, you lose the opportunity to fight them in the new game plus.

I've recently completed my first play through of the game. I plan to play through at least once more to unlock the second class before seriously starting post game content. However, before I started the new game+, I decided to poke around the first floor of the sixth stratum for a bit. I saved at the submagnetic pole there and then warped back to Armoroad.

Now, before I completed the game I reached the floating island in the sea exploration mode, and got a message telling me to come back later. Once I returned to Armoroad from the sixth stratum, I received the message about the three dragons.

What I want to know is if someone who has experience with new game plus can let me know if it's safe to start a new game plus right now, or if receiving that message after entering the sixth stratum counts as starting the dragon quest line, and I'm in danger of locking myself out of it.

Kaname
Killclaw

Re: New Game+ Possible Bug Question - Minor Spoilers

Postby Kaname » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:47 am

Never heard of the bug. In the playthrough I just finished, I beat up one dragon, did half of the quest of another and most of the third (lacked antifire and antiwind so I didn't end up doing them), then a NG+, and the dragon quests just restarted themselves, except the one I had already killed. That one respawned normally once I got the moon key back.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:25 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:29 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:18 pm

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”