Cookie cutter party?

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
agares
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cookie cutter party?

Postby agares » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Just finished EO 1/2. Why not the third too.
So anyone with a c.c party including sub and builds?

Much appreciated.

(Not the WM build though, lol.)
Last edited by agares on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PLA
Manticor

Re: Cookie cutter party?

Postby PLA » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:28 am

There's nothing more cookie-cutter than Prince//ss//. Passive healing is very sound in the long run. Usually mixed with Monk, and as scy reminds me, most effective as M with P subclass thanks to Focus Qi. But you won't have subclasses for the first couple of floors, so a pure Prince//ss// still has value.

And even without WM, there are basically only a few things you could possibly do to go wrong with a Gladiator. Whack 'em with a stick. Then learn to whack 'em harder, with bigger sticks.

It's also common to keep four or five Farmers for collection-runs. They can be tough to level, but their bonus exp helps a bit. And they do have a Warp Wire skill (To Market) if things look grim.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Or you can give them the combat XP skill in the third tab, and they level on their own XD This way, they will never see combat by not actively leveling, and never see combat by avoiding it due to the safe walk (I think) skill.

agares
Ragelope

Postby agares » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Yeah, I see.
Last time I went with:

Hoplite/Gladiator/Buccaneer
Prince/Wilding

Was ok, but I felt it went to slow.

I did some lurking and found this party:

H/N
G/A
A/G

Z/W
M/P

I think it looks all right.
Anyone here that can provide me with a proper build?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:35 pm

They're all pretty basic. H/N is your typical Line Guard, Bodyguard, Anti + Bunshin build.

G/A is Nine Smashes with Berserker's Vow + Charge; A/G is Front Mortar with Berserker's Vow + Charge.

Z/W is for Drums debuffing, Dark Ether, and Meteor otherwise.

M/P is for buffing, Protect Order, and Monarch's March.

agares
Ragelope

Postby agares » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:43 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:54 pm

If you're using it, max it. Exceptions being Weapon (and Shield) Masteries as the payoff isn't worth the investment. That and they do nothing for skill damage.

I guess to be more helpful, here's some builds. If it's unmentioned, just assume you don't raise the skill beyond the skill requirements:

Hoplite:
Guardian - 10/10, eventually though, really, 1/10 is fine.
Shields - 5/10, don't bother with more.
Bodyguard - 1/10, maxable if you want.
Line Guard - 10/10, duh?
Antiice/fire/volt - 10/10, duh?

/Ninja:
Bunshin - 1/1, the reason for the sub
Kagenui - 10/10, it's really only useful for one fight (and 1/10 suffices) but, honestly, you have so many points leftover eventually...

Gladiator:
Endless Battle - 10/10, just a good passive
Berserker's Vow - 10/10, obscene damage wheee.
Charge - 5/5, obscene damage wheee
Nine Smashes - 10/10, you can use Blade Rave if you want instead for the better accuracy / Sword preference.

/Arbalist:
Proper Form - 5/5, just to help Nine Smashes whiff less often.

Arbalist:
Giant Kill - 10/10, the best damage boosting passive.
Front Mortar - 10/10, their best offensive skill.
Double Action - 10/10, because why not.

/Gladiator:
Berserker's Vow - 10/10, obscene damage wheee.
Charge - 5/5, obscene damage wheee

Zodiac:
Meteor - 10/10
If you want, one point in each Elemental star just to have them. I wouldn't raise Ether Mastery until you have nothing else to do with your points.

/Wildling:
Primal Drums - 5/5, amazing debuff.

Monk:
Form Qi - 10/10, because "free" additional healing is nice.
Party Heal - 1/10, because you won't need more points.
Refresh/Unbind - 7/10, for the group target, though these aren't high priority.
Optional: Revive. I never really found it useful, though.

/Princess:
Attack Order - 10/10, damage buffing!
Protect Order - 10/10, great healing skill and works with Form Qi.
Monarch's March - 10/10, to keep you full between battles.
Ad Nihilo - 1/5, just for dispelling when needed.

Another option is to go Gladiator/Buccaneer for Pincushion (best physical damage skill due to the scaling) and Eagle Eye for more debuffing. The build for that basically just changes to no Nine Smashes from Gladiator and getting Pincushion + Eagle Eye from the sub.

agares
Ragelope

Postby agares » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Yeah, thanks. Much appreciated.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:21 am

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Ashes
Ragelope

Postby Ashes » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Dunno if this counts as "cookie-cutter", but this formation really worked for me. :0
Princess (sub monk)/Hoplite/Buccaneer
Arbalist (sub buccaneer)/Zodiac

Princess handles healing and buffs, hoplite protects the party, buccaneer provides head binds, blinding, and defense debuffs, arbalist is mostly a physical damage dealer, and zodiac handles elemental stuff.

I really think I should've given my arbalist the gladiator subclass instead, but oh well. At least I can work on her swashbuckling and maybe boost Lady Luck?

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”