The tale of 3 players (Spoilers)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The tale of 3 players (Spoilers)

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 am

So, coming back into the fold here I figured Id share the tale of what happened to my guild, my friends guild, and his brothers. All on one cartage. So you know there was sacrifice of beloved guilds and characters when it was handed off to the next player.

For start was my guild. Starting the game day one, the proud guild Primus started their adventure. Under the strategy of Prince Sigmund they journeyed far. The gladiator Derick crushing Namer with his hammer, the prince's assassin and guard Dusk slicing Ketos. Finding the sunken city and aligning themselves with the deep king. Fighting to keep the evil of the depths from ever reaching the light of day. They battled long and hard against many enemies, a fatal blow slaying the hammer weilding warrior and his son Roc taking over to avenge his death. The prince Sigmund losing an arm to have his young brother lead his people. Down to the porcelain forest they moved, reaching all but the penultimate floor till.....I reached my grinding point. The difficulty of the dungeon combined with the confusion of the jammer floors and warp tiles forced me to give up. There the game sat for months till finally...

My friend wanted to play! With a heavy heart I handed over my copy, wanting to let other people enjoy the greatness of Etrian Odyssey. The specifics of his guild I didn't know, all I know is how far his journey reached and how it found a tragic end. Reaching to the truth of the old ones he managed, meeting their god in a volcano he found a powerful golem with finger lasers that did bash damage for some weird reason. There he reached his limit, not able to get further then that. He reached his grind limit much sooner then I. With a promise of getting further after a few weeks break.

Now here is where the story gets interesting. His brother wanted to play it badly. He had seen it a hundred times, had started a party just to see how far he could get (not wanted to delete his brothers save) and earning a true hatred of step lynx. Finally though, as we were hanging out I told him to check out sea quests. One thing we all failed to realize was that you had to save to open a sea quest. In a panic he hit power when he saw the save screen pop up, but it was too late. The previous guild was lost. So, hearing from his brother (sorry if its confusing but they're twins I can't really say older or younger cause it was also c section, like half a minute difference.) His brother said this, "Im not mad at you. I'm just really dissapointed in all those deaths at the hands of those f**king cats." And so from the Ashes a new guild arose. One that was fueled by every generation of pokemon and no limit to grinding day and night. Abandoning most traditional battle plans, he moved to a new and annoying sucessful move. Adapting the battle cry of "EVERYONE GET HIM!" His men would charge head first with their strongest moves, spamming line heals to try and crush his enemies before he ran out of heals. He beat all the stratums, and not only that but (With my guidance on how to get the true ending) beat the true boss. Everything beaten by just charging head first. I still can't belied that worked.

Kaname
Killclaw

Re: The tale of 3 players (Spoilers)

Postby Kaname » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:50 am

It seems the shonen manga strategy is less stupid than one may think, then!

Poor true final boss :o

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:01 pm

^ Good, old, reliable rock.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:27 pm

I still can't believe he just managed to brute force his way through all the bosses. Its almost painful to think how all my strategies and time spent on the skill point simulator planning failed.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:44 am

^ It is a wellknown fact of physics that any material object can be fucked up if you hit it hard enough.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”