Subclassing~

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
AbyssArray
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Subclassing~

Postby AbyssArray » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:11 pm

So.. I ran into a bit of a problem, just started the fire area.. didn't really think my party through that well.. so my party is currently:

H/?, G/A, A/G
N/Z, M/P

I'm thinking W for my Hoplite's subclass.. anyone have any other suggestions? :P
Currently playing:
Pokémon Y - FC: 0275-7903-6128
Toxicosis - League of Legends - NA

Liferake
Hunter

Re: Subclassing~

Postby Liferake » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Hoplite goes well with so many classes... I too think Wildling would be good for the debuffs. Let's see if we can't get any other opinions in here.

AbyssArray
Ragelope

Postby AbyssArray » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:32 pm

Dark Ether so good~
Though, the only person really making use of it right now at all is the Arbalist.. Front Mortar so much damage.
Currently playing:
Pokémon Y - FC: 0275-7903-6128
Toxicosis - League of Legends - NA

Starsoulklr
Ragelope

Postby Starsoulklr » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:24 am

Well you already have a Ninja but Ninja is a good sub for Hoplite. I know it's one of the most suggested but double Line Guard or Bodyguard is always good. If you think you need a battle that needs more defense you could have them have their clone out instead of the Ninja.

Well if you simply want the Defense Debuff in the party you could go for Buccaneer as while it's only single target it takes off more defense.

Hoplite's spend most of their points in their own classes so they don't need to have a subclass that requires too many points into. Heck you could just subclass to get the extra points.

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:32 am

My current Hoplite has lasted me all through the game into the end and beyond, has wildling subbed just for Primal Drums, maxed. Starsoulklr is right, most hoplite builds will be cramming every possible point into their own stuff!

With that in mind, your dark ether can also be used to offset the comparative high cost of PD on the hoplite with its lower tp pool, and honestly, against stronger bosses needing the anti's, it gives you a free anti, which also extends the Hoplites usefulness.

My personal use of both? First turn Shogun daifuhensha, hoplite PD, Monk charge, Zodiac Pop Flare, Princess Attack order on front row. 2nd turn, Nine-Ring, PD again to extend, 9 smashes, dark ether, and protect order on back row, and you're set up for several turns of destruction to anyyyyything.

naturally theres many other uses of the combos provided. And if 9 smashes weren't so dratted inaccurate, dark ether would be going every turn until elements are needed.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:44 am

For mine (which I may or may not end up using), I'm considering Hoplite, Ninja, and Farmer. Thanks go to Scy for pointing out on GameFaqs that Wildlings have the highest ailment/binding chance.

6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”