Need help with Farmer/Ninja

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Katt
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Need help with Farmer/Ninja

Postby Katt » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Idea: Farmer/Ninja for tp gain dodge + braveheart, plus OHKO to make useful in battle.

Need help with: I'm unsure the combination synergy of item mods with skills (i know Limit doesn't stack, but death and petrify are different), and would like to explore what the character can do.

What i know: Izuna is better than Kubikiri % wise, though its for regular attacks which cost no TP. Of course, all the dodging and braveheart offset TP costs, so its feasable. Dagger of Mercy is equipped, leading the way for ninja skills, i believe.

Otori (Burning) Questions: Dagger of Mercy work with Izuna? Dagger of Mercy stack with Kubikiri? Modded weapon for petrify work with Kubikiri, or stack with Izuna?

And yes, i know there are better combinations, what not... but someone has to explore these things! Any and all help is appreciated!

Liferake
Hunter

Re: Need help with Farmer/Ninja

Postby Liferake » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:25 am

Kubikiri Research:

Level 70 Farmer/Ninja
Using a Bicchuuguwa forged with 4 ID
Max Kubikiri
Test against 1st stratum enemies to learn base ID chance.
28 STR, 31 TEC, 42 VIT, 46 AGI, 75 LUK
With every fight being a pair of two enemies, here's how many instantly died out of 100 enemies: (Spoiler to shrink the amount of space on the page)

and if I continue it will become more and more accurate, but this should at least give an approximate. I'm not sure what the starting enemies resistance to ID is, but it's probably safe to assume anything 5th stratum and beyond is pretty resistant.

Also, Don't use the dagger of mercy, just don't use it, its accuracy is terrible and won't hit the target enough to be better than a forged Bicchuuguwa. (now go collect those starry shells! You need 3 of them + 8k en for each forge) If you have the patience to forge a Futsuno Mitama to the brim with ID, then a N/B can use this strategy with extreme efficiency, even on the later stratums. In addition I've gotten a few bosses to just keel over and die. But since its endgame stuff its usefulness is late.

Kubi + Forged Weapon is acquired late in the game, even though its better than Izuna. (N/B increases your chance of ID against opponents by giving you multiple chances at the same percentage in one turn via swashbuckling, outclassing Izuna by a long shot.)

Final Verdict: Either Izuna or Kubi+Forged Weapon. Just don't use the Dagger of Mercy as your forged weapon, its accuracy is terrible.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:09 am

Dagger of Mercy is one those low wATK but fully slotted weapons right? If so, just to let you know, ailments are always a waste of a weapon slot. The chance of them working is too small to be worth it and stacking them doesn't boost the chances of it working by very much.

So those low wATK fully slotted status weapons are completely worthless.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:10 pm

All of the 1 atk weapons aren't worth much, their selling price reflects it and most of the time they just sit in storage.

Forged Status ailments are useful against the random enemies as a convienience, but it doesn't succeed as much as Hanging, Arm Breaker, Kagenui, Crushing Blow, Lights Out, and Call (Anything), which are more reliable on the later stratum enemies. I find max Hanging and Lights Out to be most useful, with crushing blow just after that.

Otherwise I usually go with TEC (For Zodiacs who haven't reached the cap), or HIT (For anyone else). I did use a N/B with Kubikiri + Swashbuckling on my LP, and it was reliably effective the entire game. In one of the episodes I tried out the DoM. I reverted back by the end of the episode by its lack of accuracy and damage output.

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:16 am

Liferake: Thank you for the amazing research so quickly! Funny enough, not too long after posting, i got access to the Bicchuuguwa, and it definately seems the fairer deal as that darn DoM just refuses to hit things. Sadly i DON'T have access to ID status yet, still need to hunt that down.

The whole aspect of using it even though it's low power is that the farmer,... well, damage isnt going to EVER be his thing, so why try? Also, doesn't the farmer have the highest Luck, so higher chances of status infliction?

Also, how good is each forging of HIT? theres so many hidden values, its hard to know what's really worth it..
And thank you again, i haven't the patience for tracking figures like that anymore (funny considering the patience needed for EO in general!)

Wolkenritter: It's not a waste when you look at it differently- your normal attack is free, and can be used as much as you want, whereas you will eventually run out of TP unless you build specifically to recharge, so naturally the chance to inflict is much lower, but... it costs nothing. also see the farmer attack comment, why try to inflict damage when you know its outclassed, take a different approach! But you are right, those stupid 1 ATK filled weapons are just... awful... I figured that combo might actually be worth it, but... nope. ><

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:11 am

Well, Farmers are a difficult topic because "make useful" is their strong suits, but "Be strong" isn't. They are best not to be used during boss fights at all, but are great for just mapping the labyrinth and random fights.

I find F/W and F/B to be the better support Vessels.

But essentially, a farmer's guide to being useful:

1.Get To Market Instantly, Followed by Camp Mastery 1.
2.Earth's Bounty Maxed pronto so your team gets the ever so wonderful Exp benefit.
3.Waste Not and Slap Awake are next. If you're using a monarch marched team, Slap 4.Awake at level 1 is best early on, and can be amplified later if its not enough later.
5.Level Camp Mastery as your team's TP base increases.
At level 26, after you've maxed all previously mentioned skills except keen eye and slap awake (which should stay at 1), save up points until you game access to subclassing, if you haven't already.
6. Subclass either B or W
7. Get the Defense Debuff maxed out.
8. Max Alertness and Beast Roar on W, Rapier Mastery and Lights out to 9
9. Max TP up on both
10. W Max HP up. B is now maxing Lights out and heading towards Hanging.
11. W is done, and can now get whatever skills the user wants. B needs to Max Hanging.
12. B needs Max HP up.
13. You may now get whatever you want from what's left of the two classes.

Assuming Slap Awake is at 1 forever: F/B is done by level 71, F/W is done by level 56.

F/B relies on using its amazing LUK to blind or head bind (depending on what part of the body the enemies skill relies on) an enemey to prevent it from being a threat, and uses Eagle Eye to lower the defense of enemies, while having all of the farmer support of bonus exp, Reviving Tents, Slap Awake, Waste Not, etc. Can be used on either row.

F/W relies on using Forged Weaponry (or Lullaby later on), along with its debuffs to be useful in battle. Alertness stops Blindsides, period. Then you'll also have all of the farmer's support mentioned earlier. Stays in the back.

As for HIT on weaponry:

the ATK, HIT, LMT, and STAT (vit, str, etc) are passive boost given rather than things that can only happen when you swing the weapon. HIT gives an accuracy (of both normal attacks and skills) boost that is much appreciated on pretty much anyone, and is obtained relatively early on. I prefer HIT since seeing any attack going to waste puts a frown on my face. I don't know the Accuracy boost actual values, and its slightly annoying to test but needless to say its a nice boost.

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:00 pm

and every boost is wonderful!
Got the Death Hammer last night, so just need many more starry shells.

Especially for my farming party of 4 Farmer/Prince(ss), this may well make them 6th stratum feasible for random battles!
I've been interested for a long time the compatibility of each class to subclass, and i see lots of suggestions scattered about the dreamscapes of the internet, but i think i need to buckle down and just map it out myself to compile them.

Farmer, with its luck, adds a lot more potential to status and luck based class features as it is, sacrificing straight up ....... everything else! haha.

7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”