Ant Agony help?

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
2 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Ant Agony help?

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Save it until after you beat the 4th or 5th stratum. The Wicked Queen is technically a post-game boss.

Liferake
Hunter

Re: Ant Agony help?

Postby Liferake » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:14 pm

She can essentially be treated as a third 4th stratum boss.

Lv40 is pretty much the minimum I would fight her. I recommend a level 45-55 team. Or if you want you can wait until post game and slaughter her, but that's no fun.

Her Summons have a little bit over 1000 health each.

Empress Hammer is the big threat, but if none of your characters can take 4 blows straight, I wouldn't want to provoke it, let it spread if you can, as it won't kill any backrow person in 1 hit, and it allows your healing (probably weaker heals at this point in the game) to be more effective

A tossed Pomona Taker is likely going to one-shot whoever it hits, or come close.

A tossed Servant will pretty much never kill, but make you vulnerable to empress hammer.

Wind Tactic and Guard Tactic can both be useful assets if you have them. She doesn't have elemental attacks, so Aegis Defense can save you an entire turn to quickly get your barrings if things go wrong. Be sure to bring some of your more important battle items to this fight if you want to beat her earlier rather than sooner, as your healers will likely run out of TP in the middle of the fight.

In this video, I beat her with an average level of 41.6 (LV46 was my two highest, 36 was the lowest), Using H(N)/M(P) - Z(N)/N(B)/A(G):

And boy did I act like a little girl upon re-watching this. I faced her mid-way through the fourth stratum.

You get her conditional if you put her to sleep before you kill her. Call Owl, Fukubari, and Lullaby can help with that, but its best you get her conditional later, because doing it your first time against her is pretty hard to pull off.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
2 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”