My team (Rate my team 3.0)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My team (Rate my team 3.0)

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:11 am

Hm... Honestly, I'd consider putting some HP Up into your Wildling. Enough to make his max HP greater than the Prince(ss)'s. Or, hell, just put the Prince(ss) up front. Royal Veil has been one of my most useful tools in battle. Though I'm still only on the 9th floor, so take what I say with a bag of salt.

You have both a Wilding/X and an X/Ninja with Bunshin. Which is... kind of weird. Also, the slot the Hoplite/Ninja would copy to is the same row the original resides on. You should probably decide which you'd prefer between those two characters and plan accordingly. Personally, I went with a Wildling/X, since it synergizes better with my team. Your team has a significantly different make-up, though.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 am

HP Up and TP Up are the only Common skills I even consider for my team. The first point is a 10% bonus, which is pretty potent.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:32 am

Told ya the first point is often the most effective.
Read this page, it helps: http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/etriano ... /skillsim/
(A lot.)

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:38 am

I'm pretty sure it's Thrust, instead of Strike.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:04 pm

Meteor is a waste of skill points on a Z/A. Meteor is more for Z/G. Z/A should be focusing on barrages, elemental masteries, etheric charge ether mastery and singularity.

If you want to rain down fire and brimstone, you'll want a Z/G instead. Meteor works best with Charge and Berserker's Vow. The Arbalist subclass doesn't benefit Meteor at all.

Also you REALLY should get Primal Drums on your Wildling. Its just silly having a Wildling without Primal Drums. It does stack with Eagle Eye, so there's no reason to not get it. Also I prefer Call Elephant over Call Lion and Call Tiger. Much more reliable damage plus it has an added chance of inflicting confuse.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:59 pm

I personally like the idea of using Otori on a Ygg/Monk with Counter and EM Barrier. But I'm kiiiinda holding a grudge over the whole fish thing, so that's not gonna happen any time soon.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:43 pm

Yggdroids two Combat Skills (Shoot and HP Cannon) are a little... weak. Shoot relies on a team focused entirely on it, and HP Cannon, though useful, is novelty [If only because it isn't nearly as good as Revenge was in EO2....]

So whatever you do, don't focus on those.

However, Yggdroid's Passives are BEAUTIFUL, and their naturally high HP, STR, and VIT make them great assets as Hoplites and Offensive Classes.

What I consider the best Yggdroid:

Y/H: Does Standard Hoplite things, but better. Once you can, give this guy/girl your Deep City Medal (All stats +5, 100 TP). This guy/girl is beastly and one of two great Hoplite builds for the post game [the other being H/N].

The primary Strength of Y/H is his passives allowing him to do his Hoplite job more easily. Being a Yggdroid you never need to worry about binds, having Virus Scanner you never need to worry about Status Ailments either.

Being immune to these allows it to use skills at will, never worried about being stopped. Yggdroid's huge HP base (Which allows them to reach the HP cap of 999 using HP up) and high defensive armor allows him to tank hits after he uses Provoke or a Ninja uses Otori. With Parry and Magic Parry as well he can take punishment from even Random Multi-Hit attacks, keeping the rest of your team safe. A spot on Full Heal or Medica IV can bring him back from the low HP, and max revive will bring him back in full defensive glory.

Another added bonus is that he has higher STR than a Hoplite does, so when you use a normal attack (should that ever be an option, he's usually busy bodyguarding, Anti-ing, and Provoking) it does more damage. Ignore the Sleep Mode + Core dump combo, as you need your skill points for Hoplite duties, use the Deep City Medal and TP up if you don't think you have enough TP.

The Skills you Need (Low Priority means you should get them after you run out of everything else, High means get if first):
Spear Mastery: 1 [High Priority, Allows you to use spears instead of daggers/books]
Shield Mastery: 5 [High Priority, Allows you to use sheilds.]
Bodyguard: 1 [High Priority]
Anti[element]: Max them all
Virus Scanner: Max
Infravision: Max
HP up: Max
TP up: Max [Low Priority]
Provoke:Max
Parry: Max
Magic Parry: Max
Line Guard: 2-Max [2 is High Priority, while Max is Lowest Priority, getting Line guard maxed is the last thing you need to do, everything else is more important.]

As for EM Barrier: Don't bother with it, the damage bouncing is nice, but very minimal and may cause accidental kills when you're trying to get a conditional.

Once you get Infravision get into the habit of entering the labyrinth at night.

Once Provoke is maxed if you plan on taking multi hits, use Line Guard on turns you anticipate the Yggdroid is being wailed on to Reduce Damage, only do this if you can see it coming though, otherwise the yggdroid can take whatever comes at it.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:58 am

I would advise against it, since I personally love party-wide debuffs. But that said, here's some advice: Save before Resting. Test the results. Turn off the game.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:05 am

Hoplites get provoke, why would they need Otori?

The only thing H/N gets out of the subclass is Bushin & Senpuku (as well as other evasion skills if you feel like it). If you already have your sixth slot in check then there's no need to divert.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:11 am

Probably to use it on a character with some sort of counter.

Though it is kind of weird, I grant you.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:17 am

I mentioned that I liked the idea. I've never actually tested it.

edit: And plenty of the ideas I like are probably pretty bad. XD

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:03 am

Essentially yes. Y/H takes a very defensive role. Remember, Hoplites get Provoke, so you won't need Otori for them if you want to make them the main target of the enemy attack. Unless you somehow have a ninja that has the free time to cast Otori on the Y/H so that they don't have to cast Provoke on themselves and can continue defending w/o pausing a turn, then that works too. (If thats the case you can save 5 skill points by not maxing Provoke, but insetad getting it to 5 so you can get the parries.)

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:33 am

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:07 am

Maxed it heals 90, which is a good chunk no matter what level you are (though obviously when your lower leveled this is a lot.)

19 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”