Shogun Class help.

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Xtatica
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Shogun Class help.

Postby Xtatica » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:14 am

Hello everyone!

I'm sort of new to the EO series. I've been playing EO3 for some time now and I just beat the Gatekeeper and got the Shogun class which I would like to add to my party. Here is where I need a little help. I don't know anything about the class and I don't want to mess up. I would really appreciate some help with builds or what Im suppose to do with it. Here is my party:

-Hoplite/Ninja
-Monk/Princess
-Buccaneer/Gladiator
-Zodiac/Ninja
-Shogun/??

Been stablished the above, I would like to hear any tips, suggestions or anything related to the shogun and how to build it to fit my party.

Any comments will be really helpful. Anything just ask. Thank you! :)

Dangerus
Manticor

Re: Shogun Class help.

Postby Dangerus » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:34 am

Subclass the Shogun as a Buccaneer and you can deal more damage.

I sadly never tried another subclassing system, so that's my two cents on it.

It looks like you're going for Armoroad Ending.

Benkyo
Fenrir

Postby Benkyo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:12 am

My end-game party had two front-line Shogun/Pirates and one Ballista/Shogun in the back. They all deal ridiculous damage. Phalanx/Shinobi and Zodiac/Monk filled the last two slots.

So yeah, Shogun/Pirate seems like the way to go.
無垢無頼努

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am

Best choices are Buccaneer and Gladiator. Buccaneer gives you Swashbuckling, Lady Luck and Limit Boost which can make your Shogun's normal attacks fairly impressive. It also allows her to serve as a support character of a sorts, since she'll fill up her Limit gauge very quickly. However, this build's main use is usually to build a large number of hits to increase the damage of a character using Warrior Might (Usually a Gladiator/Shogun or Arbalist/Shogun).

Gladiator makes her into a powerful damage dealer with 5-Ring Sword, Charge and Berserker's Vow. Its... pretty cookie cutter. But it works!

Xtatica
Ragelope

Postby Xtatica » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Thank you all for the ideas. Shogun/buccaneer and Shogun/Gladiator seem the most efficient combination.

Now the question is what route to take that will suit my party best? And in that case what skills to increase. I don't want to mess up my shogun.

Anything else anyone like build,etc? Thanks (:

Anymore suggestions? :(

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:09 am

Shogun/Gladiator will most likely fit your party better. As I mentioned before, Shogun/Buccaneer is mainly suited for teams that utilize Warrior Might. The skills to focus on are 5-Ring Sword, Second Sword, Charge, Berserker's Vow and Fore Honor. Depending on your playstyle, you can consider Endure and Kaishaku. Kaishaku is a dangerous skill though, and I only recommend putting 1 point into it at most... unless you're a daredevil.

Xtatica
Ragelope

Postby Xtatica » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Thank you very much! That's what I was looking for. Wolkenritter thank you :)

Is second sword boost notable?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:56 am

Xtatica
Ragelope

Postby Xtatica » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 pm

In that case theres no point to increase second sword more than level 1 if it only increases normal attacks. 5-ring sword says that if you have 2 sword damage the damage increases. All said, second sword level 1 will work perfectly unsless I would like to deal more damage with my normal attacks? Let me know if Im right or wrong. Thank you! :)

9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”