MY team and whats been going on so far(possible spoilers)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MY team and whats been going on so far(possible spoilers)

Postby heprea » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Ayyy, now that I finally completed EO II I finally started to play the sequel. So far I'v been pleased on what I'v seen and encountered. There are still many things I have no idea off. For instance, I haven't given any limits to anyone and I have no idea from where to get more than the default 3 that are aviable since start. But anyways, here is what my team looks like:

Princess Meiya lvl 10 | female avatar
In front line for now, been placing points in royal veil and guard order mainly, bits of 1 points here and there and everywhere.
With Royal Veil, I should probably have her in the back line and make her full support but eh... I'll figure out what to do with her later on.

Hoplite Yappi lvl 10 | female avatar
Most points placed in Guardian and switch stab, I'll probably swap switch stab to Blitzritter at some point. But yeah, I'm trying to make her tanky front line character.

Monk Mysc lvl 10 | old guy avatar
Making monk semi tanky front line healer, not sure If i should move him to back, as I have wildling in my team with the additional summons that can go to front line.

Farmer Quirr lvl 10 | female avatar
Pure gatherer/support, so far all points have been split between exp bonus passive and harvester. No idea what I'm gonna do with her later on. :D

Wildling Heri lvl 10 | female avatar
So far i'v putten all of my points into Call snake. Not sure what to do next tho. Not yet anyways.

Something I want to mention about is that, I had my first fight with FOE at level 9. Was with those Greedy Lizards or what was its name again.. it used the attack with chance to poison its target. Managed to defeat the damn thing with every team member alive. Basically I spammed the defense and prevent ailments skills with Princess to front line, Yappi kept stabbing with its spear, Mysc spammed line heal and refresh to get rid of them pesky poison status problems, Quirr did basically nothing, kept using that attack for like 1-3 damage <3 and wildling summoner the snake to bite the lizard and spammed her own attack.

Thanks to this, I have now uh "rare" ? high damage spear for my Yappi, I have no idea whats the reason behind items that are yellow, are they somehow harder to get? I was able to buy it also, mainly thanks to this "coupon" item I found from box, it reduced the price of the spear(Lance is the name, +48atk and 2 forge slots, i think?). It costed like 1200en if i remember correctly, could have been easily cheaper, I just remember buying it fast when I saw the yellow color of the weapon icon lol.

Anyways, Im not sure if I'm gonna do same kind of thread I did with etrian odyssey II. I mean, I know I did not get any warnings from mods and admins but still, sometimes I made triple posts so its kind of... uhh... am I okay to do this? Thats what popped in my mind several times. ^^;

*edit*

oh yeah, I'm liking how I can get Exp from FOE's and when I complete quests/missions as well. :3

Mole-chan I....

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MY team and whats been going on so far(possible spoilers

Postby Dangerus » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Great job! It looks like my brother might need some tips on how to face those guys. He decided to challenge himself on building a party without a "tank" or a Gladiator would be a better word for it.

He's kind of silly though. I built my entire party without a Gladiator Main. I only subclassed my Monk as a Gladiator post-game. And after retiring my Fortress/Nightseeker in EO4, I am thinking about retiring him too.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Mole-chan I....

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:06 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:10 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:21 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:46 am

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:30 pm

And as for the yellow weapon icons, that means they have one or more effects forged on them. Bonus weapons you find in chests or make from rare/FOE/boss drops are often like that.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Mole-chan I....

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:04 am

I heard from Liferake that having two princes is actually smart in Though, now I have one less Monk. Aw well... More passive Healing for everyone!

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Not sure if I want to read whats behind that blackness yet. :P
But, about having 2 princesses I guess that could be fun but, that would mean that I'd leave out at least 1 new class I havent fully "explored" yet, so I can do stuff like that just yet. :P

And well, I'v always used one of each class, even in the earlier games. I'v only used one class for gathering purposes only. >-<

Mole-chan I....

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:14 am

Having two princes usually means having a P/X (Where X is your choice) and M/P.

This is garble warble stuff for when you get to subclassing later. Have fun!

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:01 am

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:28 pm

Oh yeah, I have no idea of this whole "sub classing" thing. :D
Looking forward to it, whatever it is~ :3
I have much to find out before I can start using same classes twice in my team. I still have not touched the other classes outside of my current team. Gotta start new team at some point, to have at least some sort of idea of these new classes.

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 pm

63 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”